Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I just blocked someone on MSN-Is it a good reason? watch

OK here's the deal:

Basically this mate, I've known for two years, we were in the same class, has stopped talking to me. I think I am too annoying, maybe I moaned about my break up which occured last year.

I know he is blanking me, as every time I come on MSN, he goes off or sets his status to away.

It got a bit annoying, especially as if he didn't want to talk to me he could just press block, but he didn't. So I deleted him, I didn't block him, just deleted.

Was that too harsh? Or should I have done it.

ReputationRep:
    i delete and re add people all the time, it's not a big deal.

ReputationRep:
    who cares, it's msn.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah why not, if he doesn't want to speak to you, you have only made his job easier.

ReputationRep:
    I think that's fair, I don't see what's wrong with that!! I've deleted people for similar reasons

ReputationRep:
    And TSR's thread quality has reached a new low.

ReputationRep:
    It's all about TSR baby, forget MSN and have a pakora!

ReputationRep:
    that's a good enough reason. it's hardly like you need one anyway. I'd say around 8/10ths of my msn list is blocked, sometimes because I cba to talk to them LOL

ReputationRep:
    I block people if they annoy me or they're just strange people...

Strange how you block someone for not talking to you, yet keeping them unblocked brings about the same solution and has the potential for him to talk to you

Illogical decision...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pumpkin7)
    who cares, it's msn.
    Words of wisdom.

ReputationRep:
    OMG grow a pair!

ReputationRep:
    You make it sound like this is an important life-or-death situation, I've blocked about 1/4 of my contacts because they keep talking to me/annoying me..no big deal!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    It's all about TSR baby, forget MSN and have a pakora!
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skies)
    Yeah why not, if he doesn't want to speak to you, you have only made his job easier.
    This. Please get over it, OP.

ReputationRep:
    jesus, who gives a flying ****?

ReputationRep:
    Blocking is the way to go on msn.
    If someone pops up online and i groan out loud, i know i need to block them.

sorry for sounding like a saddo. I have had a crap year and this is the cherry on the icing of a s***ty cake. I have a long list of good rep to give out to the posters who help me get on with my life.

BTW I'm blocking him on facebook too.

ReputationRep:
    Moderators. You may close this thread now. The OP has his/her answer.

ReputationRep:
    My advice is stop living your life through the internet.

ReputationRep:
    You shallow shallow boy. No one cares.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.