Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmie19)
    Look, there's a clear difference. And that is taken into account. And that's a learning disability n00b.
    No ****, sherlock. What do you think I called it? A Personality?

My friend had a mum who HAD to ring about her pet which died. When she was out with my sister. If the mother really believed it and the doctor corrected her, then it's a mental illness. But the GP disregarded the daughters letter.
    What the **** are you on about?

They are many types of people in the world. For a obvious example which is parellel, why has Vanessa Hudgens taken naked pics of herself? It's logical not to be that stupid. But she did. It's makes not good sense to you and me but she did. For attention in this case. Therefore if the doctor didn't correct her and she has no medical history, there's a possibly she did it for attention and pity. She sleeps with random men? Is she looking for love?
    See above.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missygeorgia)
    You stated it as a fact, not as your personal opinion. And the GP probably doesn't know enough about the mum's psychological state to rashly come to a conclusion. (I don't think I even need to add 'unlike yourself'.)
    I'm not that interesting so I'll tell you about my cat instead. He's called Rover and he's massively fat. We put him on a diet once and weighed him every week but then we kept sneaking him tuna so it failed. Once he ran through the cat flap at high speed and it came off round his giant tummy. He's got quite a nervous disposition as it is and wouldn't use the catflap for about a year after that

Question answered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    No ****, sherlock. What do you think I called it? A Personality?

What the **** are you on about?

See above.
    You don't want to rationalise. You're too black and white. Leave me alone for a change ok? I'm ignoring you from now on.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not that interesting so I'll tell you about my cat instead. He's called Rover and he's massively fat. We put him on a diet once and weighed him every week but then we kept sneaking him tuna so it failed. Once he ran through the cat flap at high speed and it came off round his giant tummy. He's got quite a nervous disposition as it is and wouldn't use the catflap for about a year after that

Question answered.
    See, those are complete sentences (with appropriate subject nouns and explanation). Why the **** don't you type like that when you're talking to me?

ReputationRep:

Question answered.
    Wow, how old are you, 14? You lose an argument and make an idiot out of yourself so resort to petty insults- soooo big of you. Ever heard of gracefully admitting you're in the wrong and backing away? Oh, no, that isn't enough, you have to make a bigger idiot out of yourself. Research 'defence mechanism' you psychology expert you.

Oh and by the way, this only turned into a bullying and insulting thread when you made it one. Refuting someone's argument isn't 'ganging up', welcome to the real world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    See, those are complete sentences (with appropriate subject nouns and explanation). Why the **** don't you type like that when you're talking to me?
    Is it possible to block you? Please. This is blantant harrassment. There's a reason I avoid you.

ReputationRep:
    And for the last time... the GP doesn't think the mum is mental!
    The mother will not be acting mental at the doctor's. It's the OP's word against the mother's. A GP could be in a lot of danger if they accused the mother of being 'mental'.
    The fact that the letter was shown to the mother shows that the GP is trying to be fair- gaining insight from both sides of the story.
    Also I really doubt the mother went to the doctor's to be assessed for mental health- it was probably just a check up. Therefore the doctor probably will not have enough time or knowledge to do a full assessment on mental health.

Lastly, it takes a lot to convince a GP you are mentally ill. They'd rather not spend unneccessary money on psychological needs if the person doesn't have a case history built up of mental illness.

ReputationRep:
    You don't want to rationalise. You're too black and white. Leave me alone for a change ok? I'm ignoring you from now on.
    I would love to rationalise, but I cannot translate your moonspeak posts.

Look at your paragraph:

My friend had a mum Ok, go on.. who HAD to ring about her pet which died Wait what? Ring who?. When she was out with my sister Incomplete sentence. If the mother Wait, which mother? The one in the previous post or the one with the dead pet? really believed it Believed what? and the doctor Wait, where did the doctor come from? Why is she seeing the doctor about her dead pet? corrected her Corrected her on what? That her pet was dead? Isn't that a vet's job?, then it's a mental illness WHAT?!. But the GP disregarded the daughters letter. WHAT LETTER?! THE DAUGHTER OF WHO? THE MUM? YOUR SISTER???!?! THE DOCTORS DAUGHTER?! WHATTTT!!
    Reading your posts is like watching a whole Box set of Lost on DVD. I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS. IT MAKES NO SENSE. WHY DID THE SHARKS HAVE THE DHARMA INITIATIVE LOGO ON THEM?!?!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missygeorgia)
    Wow, how old are you, 14? You lose an argument and make an idiot out of yourself so resort to petty insults- soooo big of you. Ever heard of gracefully admitting you're in the wrong and backing away? Oh, no, that isn't enough, you have to make a bigger idiot out of yourself. Research 'defence mechanism' you psychology expert you.

Oh and by the way, this only turned into a bullying and insulting thread when you made it one. Refuting someone's argument isn't 'ganging up', welcome to the real world.
    4 against one is a gang up. No, you're a *****.... 'ooo I feel clever because I hint that you obviously have a psychological problem,. What a smart girl' I don't back off usually and don't give into bullying. I'm 19 years old, and can see pathetic people like you from a mile off. I'm number 1 out of my 224 friends on fb as nicest person contest. I like to see where you are. I don't need to change for people and not stand up for myself thanks very much.

ReputationRep:
    I'm number 1 out of my 224 friends on fb as nicest person contest.
    Lol. I don't think that's meant to be taken seriously- isn't it randomly generated. I don't know anyone that votes on it :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pawsies)
    The mother will not be acting mental at the doctor's. It's the OP's word against the mother's. A GP could be in a lot of danger if they accused the mother of being 'mental'.
    The fact that the letter was shown to the mother shows that the GP is trying to be fair- gaining insight from both sides of the story.
    Also I really doubt the mother went to the doctor's to be assessed for mental health- it was probably just a check up. Therefore the doctor probably will not have enough time or knowledge to do a full assessment on mental health.

Lastly, it takes a lot to convince a GP you are mentally ill. They'd rather not spend unneccessary money on psychological needs if the person doesn't have a case history built up of mental illness.
    Fine. She should see a Psych and get pills for her 'loony tumour mental illness' and get locked up because she's that bad. I back down.

It's up to the mum to get assessed for Mental Health. The daughter can make her. It's obvious she has a problem even if it's not mental.

ReputationRep:
    Fine. She should see a Psych and get pills for her 'loony tumour mental illness' and get locked up because she's that bad. I back down.

It's up to the mum to get assessed for Mental Health. The daughter can't make her. It's obvious she has a problem even if it's not mental.
    WIN.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pawsies)
    Lol. I don't think that's meant to be taken seriously- isn't it randomly generated. I don't know anyone that votes on it :confused:
    :rofl: It's not! Jeez, my vote count is up to 55. Yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiration)
    is my MUM MENTAL? (she got upset when i told her this)?

mum and dad broke up when i was 17. im 21 now. she has our little sister living at her house. every month or so she has a new man. shes 42! and she told us shes pregnant the other day

a few months back she needed money from us (yes the kids) we didnt have it, then she told us shes going to die because she has a tumour. i used to cry myself to sleep every night when i knew this to find out it was false a few weeks later ! (just a ploy to get emotion? money?)

my little sister (11) sends me text messages calling my a stupid cow and tells me to go and shag around like i do (!!!!!!!!!) its all poison from the mum

mum also brings men to the house when little sister is there --I so scared they will rape her or do something to her because these people are VERY dodgy and my sis is the attntion craving sort!

my questions:

1) is mum mental

2) what to do (can a mental person be treated even against their will- Im in the UK and i wrote a letter to her GP because we have the mental health act here -they have to be treated if they're a threat to anyone) and the stupid GP went and showed mum the letter!!!!!!

3) what to do about little sister (ive had enough):eek3:
    Report this to social services for the sake of your little sister

Your mums old enough to ruin her life if she wants to, as long as you can be sure your sister is safe

ReputationRep:
    4 against one is a gang up. No, you're a *****.... 'ooo I feel clever because I hint that you obviously have a psychological problem,. What a smart girl' I don't back off usually and don't give into bullying. I'm 19 years old, and can see pathetic people like you from a mile off. I'm number 1 out of my 224 friends on fb as nicest person contest. I like to see where you are. I don't need to change for people and not stand up for myself thanks very much.
    Oh my God, this is hilarious. When the hell did I imply you had a psychological problem?

Have you ever taken place in a debate? Or read about disagreements in government? If the majority of people disagree with what someone's saying is that 'ganging up'? No, of course it isn't. It's impersonal, it's a debate. I didn't even read the posts of other people disagreeing with you before I replied.

You realise that you're accusing me of bullying and ganging up on you yet the minute I refuted your argument you called me a ***** and accused me of having no friends and insulted my info on my profile? Seems like bullying behaviour to me, especially since I said nothing personally insulting to you.

ReputationRep:
    But mental illness is straightforward, as it's catagotised.
    This is the most ignorant thing i've read all day.

ReputationRep:
    If there are several people disagreeing with you, it probably means you're wrong, not that people are 'ganging up on you'. MANY people on this website have A level psychology. I have done the first year of the psychology degree as an open unit and I wouldn't even dream of pretending I had an idea about mental illness.

OP, you're not helping, encouraging Emmie when she is clearly a bit special.

I hope things work out somehow, for the sake of the 11 year old.

ReputationRep:
    You could get social services involved and show that the mother is a danger to the child.

ReputationRep:
    Report her to social services and get your sis out of there, if your a good brother.

ReputationRep:
    Stop ganging up on her guys! She has psychology AS level - she knows what she's talking about :facepalm:

Maybe one day you will realise that it's hugely irresponsible for an unqualified psychology student to even begin to make judgements on the psychological wellbeing of other people. Especially on the internet.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.