Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anamaria90)
    Stop ganging up on her guys! She has psychology AS level - she knows what she's talking about :facepalm:

Maybe one day you will realise that it's hugely irresponsible for an unqualified psychology student to even begin to make judgements on the psychological wellbeing of other people. Especially on the internet.
    Oh for ***** sake. What did I diagonse her with exactly?

It's true the mother needs loony pills, to be locked up and a lot of help. Because she can't help living on her own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pawsies)
    Lol. I don't check it, I've got better things to do
    It's Facebook, they keep sending me updates...

And TSR takes up a lot more of your time :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmie19)
    Oh for ***** sake. What did I diagonse her with exactly?

It's true the mother needs loony pills, to be locked up and a lot of help. Because she can't help living on her own.
    I didn't say anything about diagnosing her - I was talking about making unfounded judgements, of which you have made several in the last post. You seem extremely arrogant and judgemental which is exactly the worst qualities to have as a psychologist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PygmyShrew)
    If there are several people disagreeing with you, it probably means you're wrong, not that people are 'ganging up on you'. MANY people on this website have A level psychology. I have done the first year of the psychology degree as an open unit and I wouldn't even dream of pretending I had an idea about mental illness.

OP, you're not helping, encouraging Emmie when she is clearly a bit special.

I hope things work out somehow, for the sake of the 11 year old.
    How am I special exactly? I'm not diagonsing her for ***** sake. She has the ability to live on her own, sleeping around is not a mental illness..

OK, you say you have a tumour... why aren't you going to the doctors telling them that and getting psychological help for it? If you believe it that much...

Point proved :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anamaria90)
    I didn't say anything about diagnosing her - I was talking about making unfounded judgements, of which you have made several in the last post. You seem extremely arrogant and judgemental which is exactly the worst qualities to have as a psychologist.
    My judgements were that if she was; she's not severe case. She hasn't threatened suicide, she wouldn't be locked up under the mental health act judging by her behaviour. She is a unsavoury character (from what I can read) is unhappy with herself... she didn't ask for help with her tumour from the doctors, which would have brought in psychological help. If the mother was suicidal I would take everything back. The GP thinks the mother is a reasonable enough woman who shows a lack of mental illness.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone here heard of the term social problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hectristic)
    You could get social services involved and show that the mother is a danger to the child.
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    Report her to social services and get your sis out of there, if your a good brother.
    This actually helps and I agree with. Rather then arguing with me on the finer points of mental illness :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PygmyShrew)
    If there are several people disagreeing with you, it probably means you're wrong, not that people are 'ganging up on you'. MANY people on this website have A level psychology. I have done the first year of the psychology degree as an open unit and I wouldn't even dream of pretending I had an idea about mental illness.

OP, you're not helping, encouraging Emmie when she is clearly a bit special.

I hope things work out somehow, for the sake of the 11 year old.
    Jesus, that helps the kid... Hoping and pointing out you're not ganging up as the 5th/6hth person who HAS to make a point about me being wrong... though what did I diagonse her with :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeTSR)
    Lol at all these delusions of grandeur Emmie seems to have...
    Ok... this is getting to be blantant bullying no joke. I would like to see my delusions of grandeur explained to me in detail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiration)
    is my MUM MENTAL? (she got upset when i told her this)?

mum and dad broke up when i was 17. im 21 now. she has our little sister living at her house. every month or so she has a new man. shes 42! and she told us shes pregnant the other day

a few months back she needed money from us (yes the kids) we didnt have it, then she told us shes going to die because she has a tumour. i used to cry myself to sleep every night when i knew this to find out it was false a few weeks later ! (just a ploy to get emotion? money?)

my little sister (11) sends me text messages calling my a stupid cow and tells me to go and shag around like i do (!!!!!!!!!) its all poison from the mum

mum also brings men to the house when little sister is there --I so scared they will rape her or do something to her because these people are VERY dodgy and my sis is the attntion craving sort!

my questions:

1) is mum mental

2) what to do (can a mental person be treated even against their will- Im in the UK and i wrote a letter to her GP because we have the mental health act here -they have to be treated if they're a threat to anyone) and the stupid GP went and showed mum the letter!!!!!!

3) what to do about little sister (ive had enough):eek3:
    I'm not going to get involved in the argument about your mum's mental health, but as for your sister...

She's only 11. If she's living at home with your mum causing all these problems for both of you, and with a series of dodgy boyfriends, then she's probably scared. She feels like you've abandoned her too, and she's angry with you for that. Just let her know you're there for her, she needs something that's constant when everything else around her is messed up.

Good luck, I hope things get better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wallflower*)
    This is the most ignorant thing i've read all day.
    Straightforwad enough in diagonsing... that's why doctors can't do it :rolleyes:
    • Section Leader
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Ok this thread had just deteriorated into a big argument/****ging match so I am closing.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.