Turn on thread page Beta

6 Pack Question watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I am working on a 6 pack and my chest is looking good along with my upper belly (the soloplexus area). The lower bit below my belly is starting to look alright with some groves but I am having trouble getting the main bulk in the middle showing.

I work out 1 to 2 times a day quite vigorously doing exercises. I also swim in the pool lots to keep fit and burn the fat - besides that I haven't eaten that much recently as it's hot here in Spain!

Anyone got any advice?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Keep doing the things you've said. It'll come through at a lower BF% so make sure you keep watching your diet and doing cardio.

Go for a run.

ReputationRep:
    Bulk and Cut. If you're happy with the muscles in that area, cut it up, lots of cardio. Cycle daily, eat good.

ReputationRep:
    Try putting your abs under a bit of stress through weighted exercises, weighted planks, leg raises, crunches etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lpotts88)
    Try putting your abs under a bit of stress through weighted exercises, weighted planks, leg raises, crunches etc...
    What muscles do planks build? I'm talking about the front and side ones.

ReputationRep:
    planks are basically a stability exercise arent they.. Planks in basic are working your whole core muscles, through experience ive found planks good for working mainly the entire stomach region, but also the lower back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danielisew)
    Hey,

I am working on a 6 pack and my chest is looking good along with my upper belly (the soloplexus area). The lower bit below my belly is starting to look alright with some groves but I am having trouble getting the main bulk in the middle showing.

I work out 1 to 2 times a day quite vigorously doing exercises. I also swim in the pool lots to keep fit and burn the fat - besides that I haven't eaten that much recently as it's hot here in Spain!

Anyone got any advice?

Cheers
    Read that it'll tell you what your doing wrong and what to do to get results.

http://www.lonkilgore.com/usawrdc/Ab..._Intensity.pdf

ReputationRep:
    Just clear up your diet. Eat lots of protein, limit you calorie intake slightly, everything you eat should be clean basic food. I don't know what your workout is like but cut it back - twice a day is just stupid. 45 minute hard cardio a day at the absolute most, with 3/4/5 weight routines. And just try and increase your intensity every week. It's pretty simple but I reckon you're neglecting your diet too much which is pretty much 80% of it.

ReputationRep:
    BTW you probably know it's all about getting your BF% under 10% but you can do ab exercises everyday if you want - hanging leg raises have been very effective for me.

ReputationRep:
    Not everyday, 6 days a week max

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.