Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are TSR users too quick in calling troll nowadays? watch

ReputationRep:
    I am refering to a certain H+R post some of you may have come across.

I too thought it was a troll at the beginning, but thought i'd try and see it from another perspective.

What if it was actually a plus sized girl honestly asking for help? Were the majority of the responders in there actually just being mean..maybe bullying her? The fact she has bad english making her initial post more vague might have been the reason for calling toll though.

I am sure if that OP had no profile picture noone would have shouted troll so quickly. I am refering to this user

And before anyone calls me a troll, i was in the green until some people decided against one of my discussions yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    I've got the experience to call troll within 30 paces.

It's just obvious at times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allthewayhome)
    I've got the experience to call troll within 30 paces.

It's just obvious at times.
    You would have thought that trolls would pick up some experience in becoming good trolls...tho that has never happened...:rolleyes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    when you have lots of forum exprience across mutiple forums and all subjects you can get a darn good idea when someone is trolling. pointers if anon and story seems strange, new users with 1-5 posts asking "stupid questions"

ReputationRep:
    Troll.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Wi$e-One)
    when you have lots of forum exprience across mutiple forums and all subjects you can get a darn good idea when someone is trolling. pointers if anon and story seems strange, new users with 1-5 posts asking "stupid questions"

any new users starting new threads when they have less than 10 posts

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    I think people are, they just want to be first in. Its all a bit sad really.

ReputationRep:
    Actually yes I think you are very right OP, some things that aren't trolls get badly branded sometimes.

You can have rep for pointing this out, deserved!

ReputationRep:
    People are too quick to call troll and waaay too quick to insult peoples appearance.

Even if they are a troll and using someone elses pic (which is totally wrong) with all the mean things people say what if that person has a tsr account themselves, its horrible and they'd feel like s***.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperKell)
    I am refering to a certain H+R post some of you may have come across.

I too thought it was a troll at the beginning, but thought i'd try and see it from another perspective.

What if it was actually a plus sized girl honestly asking for help? Were the majority of the responders in there actually just being mean..maybe bullying her? The fact she has bad english making her initial post more vague might have been the reason for calling toll though.

I am sure if that OP had no profile picture noone would have shouted troll so quickly. I am refering to this user

And before anyone calls me a troll, i was in the green until some people decided against one of my discussions yesterday.
    I feel sorry for her too. She's blantly not a troll. People on TSR being too *****y?

ReputationRep:
    After you have been round the internet for a long time, you pick up an innate sense of whether something is real or just trolling. Some people are just retards who shout troll at blatent non-trolls - but those are usually the same people who call obviously real videos/pictures fake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    You would have thought that trolls would pick up some experience in becoming good trolls...tho that has never happened...:rolleyes:
    You haven't quite met me then dear.

ReputationRep:
    YOu lot need to stop being pussy ass *****es. If she isnt a troll she deserves to be ripped apart for coming on here and asking dumb questions. Plus she's just gross.

ReputationRep:
    I think in that thread, very quick to call troll, but im still unsure whether it is or not.
    Its only because of the way she looked, and if she is genuine, then theres alot of people who should feel bad about themselves

ReputationRep:
    Any threads tha seem unreal/to good to be true/fake are rendered troll threads. But some of those threads are genuine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADREAM)
    You haven't quite met me then dear.
    Lol you are so ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edge)
    any new users starting new threads when they have less than 10 posts
    What the hell? I'd have thought starting a new thread would be a good way of introducing yourself to the forum - for anyone, not just trolls!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmie19)
    I feel sorry for her too. She's blantly not a troll. People on TSR being too *****y?
    I want to give the poor girl a hug.

People are so shallow, just because she's not super skinny and doesn't look like a model, they assume she can't get a date.

ReputationRep:
    With that thread I felt the poster was a troll but it wasn't that obvious.

The problem is if trolls aren't "caught" early its quite embarrassing for the people who post believing that the OP is not trolling. So its safer to label someone a troll rather than assuming that they are not.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.