Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are TSR users too quick in calling troll nowadays? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edge)
    most questions in the world have been answered already

im pretty sure its also possible to find those answers, or at least ones that can be built on
    forum search? google? bing!

or they could post anonymously
    Lets face it, if everyone googled their problems, the fourm would be quite dead.
    If in this case she is new, would she know how to use it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperKell)
    I expect you and all you friends to neg me to death but seriously...gross...coming from you...

Talk about kettle calling the pot black and all.
    That's a nice picture though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilee172)
    don't you mean second option?!
    Whoops, yes I did - thankyou for pointing that out! *Runs off to edit...*

ReputationRep:
    I think that particular thread you can definitely see why it could be TSRers being too quick to call someone a call, but I think that is an exception. TSR seems to have a LOT of trolls, more than I've ever experienced at any other forum anyway.

I remember 2 particular threads by the same user, the first one was describing was the OP saying she was "obsessed" with this popular girl she'd never met and was pretending to be her when online. The second made a DAY later and started with referencing the previous thread and started "oh how this brings back memories" from years ago and said how she was over imitating this girl and had actually met her in person and that. Yet NOBODY got it was a troll. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    YOu lot need to stop being pussy ass *****es. If she isnt a troll she deserves to be ripped apart for coming on here and asking dumb questions. Plus she's just gross.
    Grow up. It's not funny or clever, it's just really sad.

ReputationRep:
    There are plenty of occasions when someone is clearly not trolling and all and yet everyone seems to believe they are. However, having been active on here for well over 3 years and on other forums for almost 10 years, I'm getting pretty good at telling the difference. This one is definitely a troll, albeit a fairly talented one.

By the way, the OP of this thread is probably the same person who started the thread with the fat girl. Someone might want to IP check that.

ReputationRep:
    :nah:in a stupid thread its quite likely the user is taking the piss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by impervious)
    Lets face it, if everyone googled their problems, the fourm would be quite dead.
    If in this case she is new, would she know how to use it?

well how would they have found this forum in the first place?

googled? well that would have presented quite a few answers to start with

friend etc recommended the forum? likely that they would have joined up then, & at least had a read of some of the threads

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyFrisbeeFan)
    Whoops, yes I did - thankyou for pointing that out! *Runs off to edit...*
    haha i was gonna say, you're really mean! But you typed it wrong. *phew!*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edge)
    well how would they have found this forum in the first place?

googled? well that would have presented quite a few answers to start with

friend etc recommended the forum? likely that they would have joined up then, & at least had a read of some of the threads
    Maybe some people prefer answers unique to their situation? Rather than a generic answer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilee172)
    haha i was gonna say, you're really mean! But you typed it wrong. *phew!*
    Was it you who repped me? I want to return it but they didn't leave a name!

ReputationRep:
    I expect you and all you friends to neg me to death but seriously...gross...coming from you...

Talk about kettle calling the pot black and all.
    Tsssss. Burn. :eek: Talk about slinging vitriol, she might have took it a bit far, but personal attacks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edge)
    most questions in the world have been answered already

im pretty sure its also possible to find those answers, or at least ones that can be built on
    forum search? google? bing!

or they could post anonymously
    I would usualy agree, but in this case, why would using search be able to tell her what top to wear? which was her original post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by impervious)
    Maybe some people prefer answers unique to their situation? Rather than a generic answer?

well they wouldnt have found this forum then will they?
    as it wouldnt contain the 'unique answer' they are looking for

i suppose it might contain the most number of generic answers, & so they decide to join & ask their question.

ReputationRep:
    :p: I don't want you too. It was really just because you were so nice ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x0hannah0x)
    I would usualy agree, but in this case, why would using search be able to tell her what top to wear? which was her original post

ah, i was responding to the idea of trolls in general

what top to wear?
    would that really be someones first post on a site? or even in their first 10?

does anyone really think they would get better advice from a group of people they dont know, than they would from someone they know, heck even their next door neighbour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edge)
    well they wouldnt have found this forum then will they?
    as it wouldnt contain the 'unique answer' they are looking for

i suppose it might contain the most number of generic answers, & so they decide to join & ask their question.
    Your making it sound likee only people who want to reply to threads should find this forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wibletg)
    Tsssss. Burn. :eek: Talk about slinging vitriol, she might have took it a bit far, but personal attacks?
    If that is a personal attack, then her comment on that OP for her display picture is also a personal attack, no?

As i expected Trigger or one of her chums already neg repped me with no name , i love how the members with all the rep who think they they have power still need to hide behind the annonimity of the rep system.

ReputationRep:
    No but I was gonna rep you and realised I'm already out for the day

ReputationRep:
    If that is a personal attack, then her comment on that OP for her display picture is also a personal attack, no?

As i expected Trigger or one of her chums already neg repped me with no name , i love how the members with all the rep who think they they have power still need to hide behind the annonimity of the rep system.
    Actually, I retract what I said earlier; just read what she posted in one of the earlier threads, she deserves whatever she gets. :yes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.