Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

which supermarket pays the most? *name your supermaket+your pay p/h* Watch

ReputationRep:
    as the title says, lets hear it! im 18btw so would be good if you could add your age with your answer.

id like to hear from employees at:

Tesco
    Asda
    Sainsburys
    Aldi
    Waitrose
    M&S
    Co-op
    Somerfield
    Morrisons

and anyother supermarkets i have misssed :rolleyes:

Thanks alot guys n girls

ReputationRep:
    I'd also like to know

ReputationRep:
    Sainsbury's works in regions and different regions get different pay. London Region in Sainsbury's get £6.60 an hour for over 18's.

Tesco is about the same where I am - not sure if they work on a region to region basis, but there was a board up recently comparing the benefits of working with Sainsbury's vs. Tesco and Asda.

ReputationRep:
    This may help you:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/s...=621506&page=2

I work in Sainsburys and I get £6.08, but my mate from uni who works in a store in London gets £6.80. We don't get any extra pay on Sundays/overtime though because we started on the 'new' contracts that stopped all that jazz.

ReputationRep:
    17 y/o and on £4.54 whilst on probationary at Sainsburys..also on new contract stationg no extra for Sundays but £2.02 premium on bank holidays.

ReputationRep:
    I work at Somerfield and basic pay for CSAs is £5.73 p/h for all ages.

Some stores have a location premium, as the one I used to work in, I got paid about £6.50 p/h.

ReputationRep:
    Best paying is ALDI by far (around £8 an hour, managers get around £40k!, but the work they do is intensive, one person does the job of around 3-4), next is tesco, 18+ under an year's experience with the company is a little more than £6 an hour (think it's £6.17), and time and a half on sunday.

ReputationRep:
    At Sainbury's I'm on a probationary wage of £4.79 which will rise to £5.10 after probabtion and satisfactory completion of all training (I'm under 18). The starting wage for over 18 is £6.04 which, should they receive the same 31 pence raise after training and probation, will rise to £6.35.

ReputationRep:
    Brother works at Tescos, he's 17 and he earns £5.55 p/h.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    I work in Sainsburys and I get £6.08, but my mate from uni who works in a store in London gets £6.80. We don't get any extra pay on Sundays/overtime though because we started on the 'new' contracts that stopped all that jazz.
    Don't you get time+half on Bank-holidays? if we work a bank holiday we get time and half and an extra days holiday. I'm on a new contract too.

ReputationRep:
    Waitrose is quite good - the basic wage is £6.63 for me and then it goes up as you are there for longer. Time and a half on sundays plus yearly bonus.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18 and work at Sainsburys, I get 5.92.

Just finished my probationary period, will it get raised then, can someone tell me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pamelaa)
    M&S £6 an hour, £9 on Sundays.
    I get the same as that at Morrisons. It depends on skills too, if your first aid trained or have a fork lift licence you can earn a little more per hour. I also get a yearly bonus albeit not very much, based on the hours I do.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18 and work at Tesco Pharmacy. I'm on £7.02 an hour ;]
    Think I'm pretty lucky tbh. Had to finish my bronze n silver training before I got that though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm at Sainsbury's, full time contract (39.5 hrs per week) and am on £15.75 per hour. This is for the graduate retail management scheme that I am starting in September.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyMiner)
    I'm at Sainsbury's, full time contract (39.5 hrs per week) and am on £15.75 per hour. This is for the graduate retail management scheme that I am starting in September.

You're on almost £30,000 a year whilst ur on the scheme?! :|
    I thought you woulda been more likely to be on that sorta money AFTER the management scheme....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pimpom)
    I work at Somerfield and basic pay for CSAs is £5.73 p/h for all ages.

Some stores have a location premium, as the one I used to work in, I got paid about £6.50 p/h.
    :ditto: But £5.73 p/h isn't that bad really.

ReputationRep:
    Morrisons is about £6.10 plus a yearly bonus of ~3%.
    10p more on checkouts and 1.5x on Sundays.

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting to think that my pay at Somerfield is a bit rubbishy, actually...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.