Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Right TSR, I need your worldly wisdom on this one and general opinions of people as to what they think.

I have known this guy for about 2 years now, we met through a mutual friend. We have kissed before at a party ages ago but nothing came of it as we didn't manage to arrange a date (lame I know) and he eventually got a girlfriend. He split up with his girlfriend recently (although I don't exactly know when, it may not be that recent but maybe 3 months ago) and we were at a do, he was a little drunk but he was being all touchy feely with me and tried to kiss me and I didn't reciprocate as I didn't want to ruin things if he was just drunk.
    Anyway I dismissed things even though I like him and I can't stop thinking about what a good night I had when he was around. About a fortnight after this do he emails me and asks how I am. I reply and it turns into us emailing each other every other day nearly and it's great. He asks me if I want to meet up at some point and I agree, he lives quite a distance away from me though. He has suggested I stay at his as it's easier and now I'm in two minds whether to go. Do you think he thinks he's on a promise because I've agreed to a meet up or is he just making things easier for me? I want to go and stay but I have this niggling feeling I may be some kind of rebound target and maybe it's not appropriate for me to stay as I say we aren't big mates even though I've known him a while. What do people think?

ReputationRep:
    I cannot be arsed to read this, but out of consideration for you, OP, I am bumping it up for other, more considerate TSRians to read.

ReputationRep:
    Well if something doesn't feel right and you're not comfortable you don't have to go through with it, however to me it didn't sound like there was any kind of 'hidden agenda'.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.