Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When on a bulk what routine do you like to use? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I do upper/lower/off/upper/off/lower/off, same days as Matt. I can't do as much volume for pharmacological reasons so it goes a bit like this

Sunday - bench
    follow Matt and Curt around the gym doing what they do until I look like them + lats

Monday - squat
    Do a couple of working sets, maybe plus a raw set, then shrugs and some sort of ab or oblique work

Wednesday - bench
    Raw triples, then overhead and dumbbell work, lats

Friday - deadlifts
    A couple of sets followed by front box squats and abs/obliques (whichever one I didn't do on Monday)

Cheat pullups are one of my favourite lat exercises so that works my abs too.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19594

That.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saff123)
    I stick to a routine, which I moderate if I need to make gains, or work problem areas :

Mon: Back Primary sets and then Seconday muscle group sets.
    ABS upper sets, lower sets, and a mixed set.
    With 40mins Cardo.

Tues: Shoulders Primary sets and Secondary muscle group sets.
    Triceps, Primary sets and Secondary muscle group sets.
    ABS upper sets, lower sets, and a mixed set.
    With 40mins Cardio

Wednesday: Day Off

Thursday: Upper legs, primary and secondary muscle groups.
    Calves sets; seated sets and then standing sets.
    40mins cardio.

Friday:Chest Primary sets and then Seconday muscle group sets.
    Biceps Primary sets and then secondary muscle sets.
    ABS Upper/middle sets, then lower, then a mix.
    40mins cardio.

Saturday: Off Day off

Sunday Off.

I moderate that plan once in awhile to break the "routine"; throwing in various reps like Super sets, pre-exhaustion, tri sets, giants sets, to make gains, that may work for you if you're sure your pushing the most out of your current routine, and are already confident, and experienced, or else you may cause an injury.

I'm not sure what you mean, if your thinking of working on the same muscle group twice a week, I think you may impede your muscle development, over exhaust yourself, and possibly cause an injury.
    Da **** is all this **** brah? I'd be interested to see your before/after pictures or stats I bet they're not as good as they could be with a simpler workout regime.

OP just squat, deadlift and bench heavy weight for a few sets of 5 and you'll grow just fine - add some pull-ups or military presses if you absolutely must.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Local_United_Fan)
    Da **** is all this **** brah? I'd be interested to see your before/after pictures or stats I bet they're not as good as they could be with a simpler workout regime.
    It's a pretty standard intermediate FB routine. I could up my strength stats with another routine, but only at sacrificing on speed and stamina for the extra bulk-strength, which is not my goal.

ReputationRep:
    It's a pretty standard intermediate FB routine. I could up my strength stats with another routine, but only at sacrificing on speed and stamina for the extra bulk-strength, which is not my goal.
    You don't necessarily have to get too heavy to focus on strength. Ask Stamper and Burningnun here. You do squat/deadlift/press though?

ReputationRep:
    By fb I take it you mean hand-egg?

Actually the gayest sport on earth, PERIOD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    I got that one well and truly sorted so I care less for "da abz," as it were.
    Mine ended 3 months ago, badly. I was in relationship so long I think I lost my skills tbh.

That is of course, if strength is ones primary goal; not everyone's is.
    How did you you come about SS?

I understand where you're coming from.
    Oh, and my main reason for bringing it up really, was to refute the notion that squatting three times a week was piss-taking on my part
    Considerer it refuted.

You don't necessarily have to get too heavy to focus on strength. Ask Stamper and Burningnun here. You do squat/deadlift/press though?
    I do. It's a constant balancing act.

ReputationRep:
    FB=Full-body regime.

Actually the gayest sport on earth
    It's not in the least bit "gay" a little queer perhaps, but apart from doing each others hair and nails once a week, and lathering each others body with soap in shower after a game, it's damn hard work.

PERIOD.
    which may explain your erratic behavior, either that or you should consider reducing the dose of whatever your injecting.

ReputationRep:
    FB=Full-body regime.

It's not in the least bit "gay" a little queer perhaps, but apart from doing each others hair and nails once a week, and lathering each others body with soap in shower after a game, it's damn hard work.

which may explain your erratic behavior, either that or you should consider reducing the dose of whatever your injecting.
    Ha! Could you be one of few Yanks that realises how **** hand-egg is?? If so, you have my respect good sir - the period was in place of the proper phrase; 'full stop'. I thought I'd make it easier for you to comprehend.

ReputationRep:
    Ha! Could you be one of few Yanks that realises how **** hand-egg is??
    No, I don't suppose I am.

the period was in place of the proper phrase; 'full stop'. I thought I'd make it easier for you to comprehend.
    How thoughtful. Still, it doesn't diminish the irony of your choice wording now does it.

ReputationRep:
    Ha! Could you be one of few Yanks that realises how **** hand-egg is?? If so, you have my respect good sir - the period was in place of the proper phrase; 'full stop'. I thought I'd make it easier for you to comprehend.
    While soccer, grrr mans game

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Mine ended 3 months ago, badly. I was in relationship so long I think I lost my skills tbh.
    Yeah, the American accent doesn't work as well here (as I've learned at Imperial) as the British accent does in the US.

How did you you come about SS?
    It came to me in an epiphany. I first stepped into a gym at Ethos (since it's free), and biceps + 6-packs weren't really my thing. I just wanted to get stronger and I liked the strength-iron culture. Even though Ethos have those stupid rubber coated plates. St Mary's gym has got iron I think, I'll probably train there with the rugby boys next term. They've got an American Football team at Imperial with quite a following. At least there are quite a few medics that follow it. Have you looked into it?

ReputationRep:

Actually the gayest sport on earth, PERIOD.

The world is laughing at you in your ronaldo t shirt, permatan and tendancy to fall over and cry when someone kicks the ball at you

Yes your sport really is that gay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Yeah, the American accent doesn't work as well here (as I've learned at Imperial) as the British accent does in the US.
    I've noticed, I moved to the US (American mother) and was quite popular in part of my accent, mind you I was about 10.:rolleyes:

Coming out of a long term relationship it's harder for men to get back into the dating scene. I used to be able to go up to girls; sit down and initiate a conversation, I don't have the nerve to that anymore, hopefully it will come back. Hopefully...else I could join a Greek orthodox monastery with a scenic view.

It came to me in an epiphany. I first stepped into a gym at Ethos (since it's free), and biceps + 6-packs weren't really my thing. I just wanted to get stronger and I liked the strength-iron culture. Even though Ethos have those stupid rubber coated plates. St Mary's gym has got iron I think, I'll probably train there with the rugby boys next term. They've got an American Football team at Imperial with quite a following. At least there are quite a few medics that follow it. Have you looked into it?
    Odd I did ask about sports programs when I toured the campus, but they never mentioned it. I've gotten into Rugby recently; well watching it in any case. I'm getting cold feet on attending Imperial training facilities was one of the reasons. I take it your from the US?

ReputationRep:
    Odd I did ask about sports programs when I toured the campus, but they never mentioned it. I've gotten into Rugby recently; well watching it in any case. I'm getting cold feet on attending Imperial training facilities was one of the reasons. I take it your from the US?
    University Sports in the UK is NOTHING like it is in the US. Who ever gave you the tour probably didn't even no about sports, let alone American Football. Also, don't get caught up in all the Imperial vs Medics rivalry ********. A little rivalry's good but some take it too seriously. And anyway, it doesn't matter much because Medics are undefeated against Imperial in rugby.

The American Football team is just one team though, Imperial and Medics; there's not enough people to make two teams. A lot of the other sports Imperial and the Medics have separate teams. They play each other once a year.

Yeah, I'm from Texas. yee-haw

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't suppose I am.

How thoughtful. Still, it doesn't diminish the irony of your choice wording now does it.
    :rolleyes: Knew it was too good to be true.

And using words with 3 syllables doesn't change the fact that a) what you said didn't make sense and b) you're an American and thus inferior to me in every way that matters.

(Original post by Transatlanticdrawl_)
    The world is laughing at you in your ronaldo t shirt, permatan and tendancy to fall over and cry when someone kicks the ball at you

Yes your sport really is that gay
    Lol strong football knowledge.

But really though - football is the world's most popular sport. Diss it all you want meatheads, but it's gonna be that way for the rest of our lifetimes, I can assure of that.

ReputationRep:
    But really though - football is the world's most popular sport. Diss it all you want meatheads, but it's gonna be that way for the rest of our lifetimes, I can assure of that.
    Hey being a total arse bandit can be as popular as it wants, sucking off men can be No 1 forever!I still ain't doing it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    Hey being a total arse bandit can be as popular as it wants, sucking off men can be No 1 forever!I still ain't doing it!
    I like football and women, does this make me bi? :eek:

EDIT, possible 'h n r' thread title?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.