Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When on a bulk what routine do you like to use? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Local_United_Fan)
    :rolleyes: Knew it was too good to be true.

And using words with 3 syllables doesn't change the fact that a) what you said didn't make sense and b) you're an American and thus inferior to me in every way that matters.
    Well my pedantic Redcoat, despite your self appointed role as grammar Nazi to our forum I thought I might add a couple of grammatical corrections myself...

Nothing was said on my part, it was typed. Also, you fell into verb conjunction-contraction trap with your tenses, an easy mistake to make.

Resorting to pedantry on a forum is bad enough, it indicates you've run out of ideas; to do so when you're clearly not qualified is embarrassing. None of which demonstrates your claimed superiority.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saff123)
    Well my pedantic Redcoat, despite your self appointed role as grammar Nazi to our forum I thought I might add a couple of grammatical corrections myself...

Nothing was said on my part, it was typed. Also, you fell into verb conjunction-contraction trap with your tenses, an easy mistake to make.

Resorting to pedantry on a forum is bad enough, it indicates you've run out of ideas; to do so when you're clearly not qualified is embarrassing. None of which demonstrates your claimed superiority.
    Lolz - strong sentence structure.

And anyway...

1. Not a grammatical error
    2. Not 'wrong', just not ideal
    3. Your post still contains grammatical errors as well as that clanger - try harder

Mate I have a degree in English language, and I AM English - so don't even bother.

And trying to sound intelligent as a Yank just provides lulz. Stick to what you people know - being loud, obnoxious and playing skill-devoid sports. Also - mad you can't approach birds? Gutting.

(Original post by Powerlifter)
    Hey being a total arse bandit can be as popular as it wants, sucking off men can be No 1 forever!I still ain't doing it!
    Lol. By the same token you must be a slight arse-bandit, considering the way squats are spotted. Pretty gay IMO.

ReputationRep:

And anyway...

2. Not 'wrong', just not ideal
    3. Your post still contains grammatical errors as well as that clanger - try harder

Mate I have a degree in English language, and I AM English - so don't even bother.

And trying to sound intelligent as a Yank just provides lulz. Stick to what you people know - being loud, obnoxious and playing skill-devoid sports. Also - mad you can't approach birds? Gutting.
    Having a degree in language does not make you immune to linguistic errors. I am english too, there is no need for an anglo-american spam war. Stop encouraging the pompous stereotype.

ReputationRep:
    Lol. By the same token you must be a slight arse-bandit, considering the way squats are spotted. Pretty gay IMO.
    They may be IYO, but as we have seen, your opinion is pretty worthless and "Soccer dream cloud" based anyway. BRB off to sell gear to footballers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    They may be IYO, but as we have seen, your opinion is pretty worthless and "Soccer dream cloud" based anyway. BRB off to sell gear to footballers.

ReputationRep:
    Anything that prevents death is allowed. Which is why you, your dad, brother, uncle, grandpa will all have a finger up his ass to check for the butt-cancer (that's the medical term by the way, I checked).

ReputationRep:

And anyway...

2. Not 'wrong', just not ideal...
    I beg to differ, or perhaps I don't because English isn't a science.

3. Your post still contains grammatical errors as well ...
    I never claimed to have nor want OED perfection.

Mate I have a degree in English language
    Which may have some pertinence if we were writing an essay and not typing **** on a forum

and I AM English - so don't even bother.
    Allow me to educate you. Americans speak properly; you and I understand each other perfectly, our language has simply "moved with the times". Like the French language, the Greek language, the Arabian language and many more. All the different dialects of English across the world (Australian, American, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, Singaporean etc.) are just like a macrocosm of the British Isles, more specifically England, but not confined to it.

As for your fondness for the "yoof culture" dialect (whatever that is) it is mainly chavs who use that dialect of the "language" (im sure your not one). Where i come from there is a large mix of dialects, as there is across this country, the world.

And trying to sound intelligent as a Yank just provides lulz. Stick to what you people know - being loud, obnoxious and playing skill-devoid sports.
    I don't consciously write to sound intelligent or be OED correct, I simply don't care. Particularly on a forum. If your obsession with preserving some delusional purity of the language extends to this forum, your efforts would be better spent elsewhere.

Also - mad you can't approach birds? Gutting.
    "gutting"? no, difficult? sure, its quite funny and I have no trouble laughing at myself and sharing what is a common situation for men post long term relationship. I'm thinking of posting a thread about it, non-Anon.

ReputationRep:
    I beg to differ, or perhaps I don't because English isn't a science.

I never claimed to have nor want OED perfection.

Which may have some pertinence if we were writing an essay and not typing **** on a forum

Allow me to educate you. Americans speak properly; you and I understand each other perfectly, our language has simply "moved with the times". Like the French language, the Greek language, the Arabian language and many more. All the different dialects of English across the world (Australian, American, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, Singaporean etc.) are just like a macrocosm of the British Isles, more specifically England, but not confined to it.

As for your fondness for the "yoof culture" dialect (whatever that is) it is mainly chavs who use that dialect of the "language" (im sure your not one). Where i come from there is a large mix of dialects, as there is across this country, the world.

I don't consciously write to sound intelligent or be OED correct, I simply don't care. Particularly on a forum. If your obsession with preserving some delusional purity of the language extends to this forum, your efforts would be better spent elsewhere.

"gutting"? no, difficult? sure, its quite funny and I have no trouble laughing at myself and sharing what is a common situation for men post long term relationship. I'm thinking of posting a thread about it, non-Anon.
    Bla bla bla, try harder Mr. Notgettinlaid

ReputationRep:
    You have a degree in English language and think you're some kind of elite chief of the grammar police on an internet forum at 1 in the morning. What do you want, a cookie?

I don't know if you realise, but bragging about your degree, being from manchester, calling american football gay compared to soccer, to strangers on teh interwebs at this hour, you seem to have a hint of desperation in you, your posts are all just made of fail.

ReputationRep:
    Oh onto my sex life again? American football players, and your constant need to prove to the world what a stud you are. I believe i see a pattern troll.

ReputationRep:
    Stop feeding the troll.

ReputationRep:
    PMSL, thats the best you have vs this kind of display - sorry bub, your own little "How could footballers take gear" mind is not really up to the task of trying to come back with an argument here

it would seem local united fan is also a 'fan of man'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    University Sports in the UK is NOTHING like it is in the US. Who ever gave you the tour probably didn't even no about sports, let alone American Football. Also, don't get caught up in all the Imperial vs Medics rivalry ********. A little rivalry's good but some take it too seriously. And anyway, it doesn't matter much because Medics are undefeated against Imperial in rugby.

The American Football team is just one team though, Imperial and Medics; there's not enough people to make two teams. A lot of the other sports Imperial and the Medics have separate teams. They play each other once a year.
    The guide left me with the impression that there wasn't really much of a sporting culture at Imperial, I mean I wasn't expecting it to compare with the US, but at least if I could have access to a gym, meet people to work out with, and try new sports I would be happy, so thanks for the the low-down.

I am really intrigued by Parkour, urburn running, i wanna try that in the next couple of weeks.

tbh I have been thinking of holding off, and possibly applying to Oxbridge next year, or going back to the US and getting into a good small college with plenty of space, my internship runs out in a couple of weeks and I can finally get off this effing computer

Yeah, I'm from Texas. yee-haw
    I have a few good friends from Houston, fond memories of the place and those latinas on campus-I was blown away.

Fine grub too.

ReputationRep:
    The guide left me with the impression that there wasn't really much of a sporting culture, I mean I wasn't expecting it to compare with the US, but at least if I could have access to a gym meet people to work out with and try new sports I would be happy. I am really intrigued by Parkour, urburn running.

I have been thinking of moving back, or applying to Oxbridge, or going back to the US and getting into a good small college plenty of space, my internship runs out in a couple of weeks, and I can finally get off this effing computer!
    I've got a friend doing Parkour at Imperial. They have their own society and organise lots of trips to London and other places. The gym (Ethos) is free for students and have two power cages and about 3 oly barbells. Not bad. And the Imperial Rugby guys train there. There is a sporting culture at Imperial, especially Rugby. You can't go wrong, future career wise, with Imperial or Oxbridge. But you know this.

I have a few good friends from Houston, fond memories of the place and those latinas on campus-I was blown away.

Fine grub too.
    Yeah, I'm from Houston. Whereabouts did you stay? What school did your friends go to?

Tex-Mex is dangerous. So are Latinas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    I've got a friend doing Parkour at Imperial. They have their own society and organise lots of trips to London and other places. The gym (Ethos) is free for students and have two power cages and about 3 oly barbells. Not bad. And the Imperial Rugby guys train there. There is a sporting culture at Imperial, especially Rugby. You can't go wrong, future career wise, with Imperial or Oxbridge. But you know this.
    Well it's a great school, but I'm not determined to become a physicist it just seemed the appropriate choice and didn't give it much thought before I applied which was stupid on my part, but I'd also like meet people from other disciplines, and I am finding London to be a lot faster as a city than NYC, maybe too fast.

Yeah, I'm from Houston. Whereabouts did you stay? What school did your friends go to?
    West University Place, apparently its a separate city but it's in the loop.

My friends are at NYU (i'm from Connecticut), but their friends were at Rice so we hung out there some.

Tex-Mex is dangerous. So are Latinas.
    I allow myself two meals of extravagance a week, and a little latina fire, both work to keep the bodies metabolism from slowing down aiding growth truthfully. I have to say Houston has some ridiculously beautiful women.

ReputationRep:
    I have to say Houston has some ridiculously beautiful women.
    That's just how we grow'em down there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Yeah, the American accent doesn't work as well here (as I've learned at Imperial) as the British accent does in the US.

It came to me in an epiphany. I first stepped into a gym at Ethos (since it's free), and biceps + 6-packs weren't really my thing. I just wanted to get stronger and I liked the strength-iron culture. Even though Ethos have those stupid rubber coated plates. St Mary's gym has got iron I think, I'll probably train there with the rugby boys next term. They've got an American Football team at Imperial with quite a following. At least there are quite a few medics that follow it. Have you looked into it?
    Ah, hopefully I'll be training there from oct. onwards if results etc all goes well :p:

Do they have plenty of plates etc too? Gym I go to at the moment only has a smith machine, one oly bar and about 160kg in plates.. Bit of a pain when someone's using the smith at the same time as me wanting to do say deadlifts or whatever so do most my workouts at home these days.

Don't suppose Imperial has a powerlifting society or anything like that? Far more interested in that kinda thing than bodybuilding and'd be cool to train with people who really know what they're doing.

ReputationRep:
    you'll like this one matt lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86AJje3ElDc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mituozo)
    Ah, hopefully I'll be training there from oct. onwards if results etc all goes well :p:

Do they have plenty of plates etc too? Gym I go to at the moment only has a smith machine, one oly bar and about 160kg in plates.. Bit of a pain when someone's using the smith at the same time as me wanting to do say deadlifts or whatever so do most my workouts at home these days.

Don't suppose Imperial has a powerlifting society or anything like that? Far more interested in that kinda thing than bodybuilding and'd be cool to train with people who really know what they're doing.
    Yeah, they've got a lot more than 160kg in plates. There are plenty, but it can be a little hard to find some at the busiest time. It's never prevented a session though.

The busy times are **** and you'll have to wait for the cages. There's only one benchpress. It's also a commercial gym so lots of non-students. Plenty of decent lifters, a handfull of competing junior powerlifters. Couple of Crossfit guys.

There is no weightlifting society that I know of; I looked. I was just thinking of starting one for next term (need something on my CV too). I know there are enough serious lifters that would make it cool. Otherwise I don't really know what we'd do yet. Maybe mini-powerlifting meets?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and since there are 2 cages and 1 benchpress, there are only 3 Oly bars. Which means you have to swipe one for deadlifts. The only ones that mind are the t-shirt-muscle benchers that don't deadlift anyway.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.