Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When on a bulk what routine do you like to use? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Yeah, they've got a lot more than 160kg in plates. There are plenty, but it can be a little hard to find some at the busiest time. It's never prevented a session though.

The busy times are **** and you'll have to wait for the cages. There's only one benchpress. It's also a commercial gym so lots of non-students. Plenty of decent lifters, a handfull of competing junior powerlifters. Couple of Crossfit guys.

There is no weightlifting society that I know of; I looked. I was just thinking of starting one for next term (need something on my CV too). I know there are enough serious lifters that would make it cool. Otherwise I don't really know what we'd do yet. Maybe mini-powerlifting meets?
    Ah okay sounds cool, anything's better than the 1 oly bar at my current. Only has a decline bench too outside of the smith machine. I'd defo be interested in something like that anyway, sure I could get a lot of good advice and improve my lifts a ton..

It always seems to be the beach-weight guys that get pissed off at our gym when doing deadlifts too. Me stealing the plates stops them doing their 4 hour bench press sessions.. They just go off and do some bicep curls anyway, so s'all good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mituozo)
    Ah okay sounds cool, anything's better than the 1 oly bar at my current. Only has a decline bench too outside of the smith machine. I'd defo be interested in something like that anyway, sure I could get a lot of good advice and improve my lifts a ton..

It always seems to be the beach-weight guys that get pissed off at our gym when doing deadlifts too. Me stealing the plates stops them doing their 4 hour bench press sessions.. They just go off and do some bicep curls anyway, so s'all good.
    You see a lot of good varied lifts here too. From the sounds of other gyms, Ethos isn't too bad. Lots of front squats, loads of Oly lifts, halting DLs, rackpulls; all good stuff that you don't see at normal fitness gyms.

All the cool lifters are really friendly, even if they don't look it. Just ask; I do. That's how I got my power clean working. The instructors are morons mostly.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.