Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I think my family have seen a book with all my secrets in :( Watch

Argh. So about a year ago i had quite bad mental health problems. I used a kind of diary to sort of work out my emotions (it sounds mad but it helped) In the end it became a bit of a secret holder.

I found it recently and kind of looked back through it and just put it back on my book shelf. But today my sister and her friend have been in my room all day and i sat down a minute ago and the book stack it was in have been rumeged about and the book with the secrets in has been turned over. Im a bit scared because it has things in it like a pregnancy scare and photos, and stuff about a **** buddy etc. Just stuff you really dont want family knowing. I know im stupid for keeping it really.

But now im a bit scared. If she looked through it she will know everything and i will be devesated. I've moved the book, i just hope she doesnt tell my mum. I dont know whether to approach her about it or just leave it? Its the kind of thing she will bring up in an argument but unlikely to bring it up before. I dont know what to do and im worried. Im not even close to my sister :sad:

ReputationRep:
    hide the book n dont bring it up. shes likely to forget about it

ReputationRep:
    Try and sit tight, it is likely they wouldnt have looked at it, even if they did they may not say anything about it. Sit tight and hope she wont say anything. If she does it may be good just to talk to you mum about it when you get the chance and explain what it was, your mum is likely to respect your privacy and hopefully not be to probing about it.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the above posts

But if that fails, hit her with the book :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 7777777)
    I agree with the above posts

But if that fails, hit her with the book :yes:
    or, better idea, set the book on fire and throw it at her, then you destroy the book and also send out a clear message.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom_tom_tom)
    Try and sit tight, it is likely they wouldnt have looked at it, even if they did they may not say anything about it. Sit tight and hope she wont say anything. If she does it may be good just to talk to you mum about it when you get the chance and explain what it was, your mum is likely to respect your privacy and hopefully not be to probing about it.
    This is good advice.

Don't worry about it too much OP.

Off topic: Congrats mate, you're a mod!

ReputationRep:
    Write on the cover:

Anne taylor: Musings of a Psychopath

Then write a short preface talking about how your life helped inspire the creation of this 'character' and though the people in the book are real, all events and situations are a work of fiction. Use that excuse when and if she brings it up, and show her the aforementioned title and preface as proof if she thinks you are bluffing. I'll think of another cunning lie if you're not happy with this one :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wootwootwoot)
    or, better idea, set the book on fire and throw it at her, then you destroy the book and also send out a clear message.
    thats just outrageous :eek:

+ diaries are interesting :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Burn it. Let your secrets die with this dreaded book. Then hire a mob to go after your sister and threaten her.

Naw, I kid hun. Do as tom_tom_tom said. He seems rather wise.

ReputationRep:
    Double p.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamsterMD)
    Write on the cover:

Then write a short preface talking about how your life helped inspire the creation of this 'character' and though the people in the book are real, all events and situations are a work of fiction. Use that excuse when and if she brings it up, and show her the aforementioned title and preface as proof if she thinks you are bluffing. I'll think of another cunning lie if you're not happy with this one :P
    That is a clever lie :yep: My mum foudn my diary once. An epic fail :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 7777777)
    thats just outrageous :eek:

+ diaries are interesting :yes:
    They would be some rather interesting publishing material now, eh? This has got me thinking... :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Write on the cover:

You're good. Can I borrow you when I have to lie?

ReputationRep:
    This is why you should always burn evidence of insanity.

This includes any offspring you may have 'by accident' with a random one night stand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hunnii)
    You're good. Can I borrow you when I have to lie?
    Sure ^^ I'd be happy to get you out of any awkward situations you may find yourself in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH123)
    This is why you should always burn evidence of insanity.

This includes any offspring you may have 'by accident' with a random one night stand.
    Whaat?!? That's awful. You're murdering what will be your child. How heinous. Are you speaking from experience or influence? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    Sure ^^ I'd be happy to get you out of any awkward situations you may find yourself in.
    Aww, why thank you
    I'll send you the cheque in the mail, my cunning liar :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Whaat?!? That's awful. You're murdering what will be your child. How heinous. Are you speaking from experience or influence? :curious:
    Influence of alcohol most likely :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    My parents put me in the oven as a child. Thankfully I took refuge in a spare bit of foil and survived.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was only people in movies who were silly enough to actualy write down their secrets.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.