Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I think my family have seen a book with all my secrets in :( Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH123)
    My parents put me in the oven as a child. Thankfully I took refuge in a spare bit of foil and survived.
    My goodness. That's quite tragic? Why did they put you in the oven? Butt.. still, you cannot murder you're own child. Do you really think you could?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D3M!)
    I thought it was only people in movies who were silly enough to actualy write down their secrets.
    You thought wrong, then. Don't underestimate the power of diaries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hunnii)
    My goodness. That's quite tragic? Why did they put you in the oven? Butt.. still, you cannot murder you're own child. Do you really think you could?
    In a second.

Especially if it was as ugly as its mother.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hunnii)
    You thought wrong, then. Don't underestimate the power of diaries.
    Maybe there's a deep down desire to have people actualy know your secrets , for some kind of closure maybe . I don't know maybe it's just me but writting down your secrets seems to defeat the purpose of having them , well unless you never imagined it was possible for some one else to read them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH123)
    In a second.

Especially if it was as ugly as its mother.
    Ohh.. you're too harsh, you. How very cruel. And thoughtless, and inconsiderate, and so many other negatives!

S'okay. Your baby will be adorable :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D3M!)
    Maybe there's a deep down desire to have people actualy know your secrets , for some kind of closure maybe . I don't know maybe it's just me but writting down your secrets seems to defeat the purpose of having them , well unless you never imagined it was possible for some one else to read them.
    It must surely be the latter excuse. I guess it's the sheer thrill of the possibility of exposing your deepest darkest secrets. Or maybe like OP said, it does help you to get over certain emotions. Sometimes, you might not find someone around to pour your heart out to you. Some people turn to their diaries. Maybe it lifts a huge weight off their chest. It may be comforting, I dare assert. I've never tried it though. Actually, I have when I was younger. T'was quite amusing to write a page or three before heading off to bed, and then hiding it in my pillow case. It's long gone though. Or maybe it isn't. I'd better go rummage through my stuff.

Umm, while i have no personal experience with this matter, i would suggest you keep it on the low unless she brings it up. And by then have totally disposed of the book; if she tells your mum, tell her it's untrue or whatever, unless you want to go through the whole ordeal of explaining it to your parents and sister.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.