The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
LH123
My parents put me in the oven as a child. Thankfully I took refuge in a spare bit of foil and survived.

My goodness. That's quite tragic? Why did they put you in the oven? Butt.. still, you cannot murder you're own child. Do you really think you could? :redface:
Reply 21
D3M!
I thought it was only people in movies who were silly enough to actualy write down their secrets.

You thought wrong, then. Don't underestimate the power of diaries.
Reply 22
Hunnii
My goodness. That's quite tragic? Why did they put you in the oven? Butt.. still, you cannot murder you're own child. Do you really think you could? :redface:

In a second.

Especially if it was as ugly as its mother.
Reply 23
Hunnii
You thought wrong, then. Don't underestimate the power of diaries.

Maybe there's a deep down desire to have people actualy know your secrets , for some kind of closure maybe . I don't know maybe it's just me but writting down your secrets seems to defeat the purpose of having them , well unless you never imagined it was possible for some one else to read them.
Reply 24
LH123
In a second.

Especially if it was as ugly as its mother.

Ohh.. you're too harsh, you. How very cruel. And thoughtless, and inconsiderate, and so many other negatives!

S'okay. Your baby will be adorable :console:
Reply 25
D3M!
Maybe there's a deep down desire to have people actualy know your secrets , for some kind of closure maybe . I don't know maybe it's just me but writting down your secrets seems to defeat the purpose of having them , well unless you never imagined it was possible for some one else to read them.

It must surely be the latter excuse. I guess it's the sheer thrill of the possibility of exposing your deepest darkest secrets. Or maybe like OP said, it does help you to get over certain emotions. Sometimes, you might not find someone around to pour your heart out to you. Some people turn to their diaries. Maybe it lifts a huge weight off their chest. It may be comforting, I dare assert. I've never tried it though. Actually, I have when I was younger. T'was quite amusing to write a page or three before heading off to bed, and then hiding it in my pillow case. It's long gone though. Or maybe it isn't. I'd better go rummage through my stuff.
Umm, while i have no personal experience with this matter, i would suggest you keep it on the low unless she brings it up. And by then have totally disposed of the book; if she tells your mum, tell her it's untrue or whatever, unless you want to go through the whole ordeal of explaining it to your parents and sister.

Latest

Trending

Trending