Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I read good things about the sports clubs at aston like the fact they go abroad on tours and so on , but i'd like to know about your first hand experience. I'm particularly interested in football , I play regularly at the moment.

Hows serious is the sport ? what level are the sports club at ?
    what sports club do you belong to ?
    more info about the football at aston would be great.

ReputationRep:
    How's the squash at Aston? Can i train?

ReputationRep:
    Is there any Sumo Wrestling or Bobsleigh? Illegal Dog Fighting?

Sorry, i'm bored.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DougLTFC)
    Is there any Sumo Wrestling or Bobsleigh? Illegal Dog Fighting?

Sorry, i'm bored.
    How about trying to ride one of the geese?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_dru)
    How about trying to ride one of the geese?
    I heard there are Hippo's in the lake, i may try Hippo wrestling, sounds cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DougLTFC)
    I heard there are Hippo's in the lake, i may try Hippo wrestling, sounds cool.
    Haha when did that happen? LOL hippo's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k85)
    How's the squash at Aston? Can i train?
    You can train 1-2 times a week, there are squash courts on campus and then you can go to the other ones at the rec centre which is a (uni provided) bus ride away on weds afternoons.

ReputationRep:
    What is the training fees? How far is the rec centre?

ReputationRep:
    My mate goes Brum Uni and said they're 4th University football team beat Aston's 1st something like 4-0 !!! Worrying lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FM08)
    My mate goes Brum Uni and said they're 4th University football team beat Aston's 1st something like 4-0 !!! Worrying lol.
    That won't happen with me playing Centre Back next year! :woo: Ok, that probably won't happen.

ReputationRep:
    good man, you feed those through balls to deco won't you?

Just realised my they're mistake, that is bad :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FM08)
    They've got a lot more students to choose from though.

ReputationRep:
    I know, but still.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'll mind if the team sucks , that way I can be the star player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k85)
    What is the training fees? How far is the rec centre?
    It's only £15 for the whole year, bloody cheap, Birmingham uni you pay upwardso of £100 for most of their sports.

Rec centre is probably 15min away

ReputationRep:
    Any fencing nearby? I did it for a bit before I went to uni (over 3 years ago! :eek:) but I still have the gear and I'd like to get back into it. I tried to get into it at Keele but the club there was very team/competition oriented. They didn't have very good training for people who weren't ready to compete because they focused the coach's time on the team members.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RadioElectric)
    Any fencing nearby? I did it for a bit before I went to uni (over 3 years ago! :eek:) but I still have the gear and I'd like to get back into it. I tried to get into it at Keele but the club there was very team/competition oriented. They didn't have very good training for people who weren't ready to compete because they focused the coach's time on the team members.
    I'm sure I've seen people in the Guild Hall doing fencing... my knowledge of Fencing at Aston doesn't stretch any further than that though I'm afraid!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gillipies)
    I'm sure I've seen people in the Guild Hall doing fencing... my knowledge of Fencing at Aston doesn't stretch any further than that though I'm afraid!
    Thanks. I'm not looking forward to putting on my fencing jacket and seeing how much bigger I am than I was 4 years ago though :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Erm the guy with messy hair that used to be something or other on the guild who does quite a few of the talks, in particular; stuent life etc. ANYWAY, he said that it only csts about £15 (i think it was- well it sounded very cheap!) This got you a year membership or whatever and the correct equipment etc, guessing it's rented..
    So yeah, you should be fine.

Have aston had any progression with their tennis club, i read somewhere that they were just looking for a venue now and then will start a team etc? Anyone know any more about this?
    Also how's the badminton?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomtom:))
    Erm the guy with messy hair that used to be something or other on the guild who does quite a few of the talks, in particular; stuent life etc. ANYWAY, he said that it only csts about £15 (i think it was- well it sounded very cheap!) This got you a year membership or whatever and the correct equipment etc, guessing it's rented..
    So yeah, you should be fine.

Have aston had any progression with their tennis club, i read somewhere that they were just looking for a venue now and then will start a team etc? Anyone know any more about this?
    Also how's the badminton?
    Are you talking to me? If so that's great, thanks .

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.