Turn on thread page Beta

Are you a dog or a cat person? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamsterMD)
    I guess I'm a cat person, because they're happy to live their own lives, and will come to you when they feel like a stroke, or food, but other than that won't take up too much time; and unless you're a freak who likes man handling his cat whenever he can, cat's are happy to be stroked according to your timetable. Oh, and I think I can totally feel safe around cat's in a way that I wouldn't be able to with dogs, but that may just be a biased opinion formed by some of the horror stories I've read about dogs which would always nag at the back of my mind.
    Quite. I openly detest dogs and their owners who let them off leads and expect you to share their love of them when they sniff around you.

ReputationRep:
    definitely dogs, but not any kind. It depends on how they look as well

ReputationRep:
    Cats

ReputationRep:
    dog person..i don't really like cats :p: they're too independent

Poll?

I like both but dogs tend to win it over for me tbh (prob coz I've had my dog longer than Ive had my cat)

ReputationRep:
    Cats > dogs.

ReputationRep:
    Cats!

They have their own minds, not just crazy pack animals like dogs!

ReputationRep:
    Cat!

ReputationRep:
    :emog:
    I love my little kitty cat

unspoilered to counteract all those evil dog photos that someone has since posted :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Cats any day of the week!

My beautiful cats that I had back before I came to Uni are the animals that got me through everything; they were my best friends. They didn't need walking, they were perfectly content to sit on my lap all evening and play outside all day. You know they love you; unlike dogs they are their own person, they will only come to you if they like you, not just cos you feed them and walk them.

The age old saying "Dogs have masters; cats have staff" works very well to illustrate that last point!

*Can't wait until she gets a house where she can have another cat.*

Rest in peace Tabitha, Tinker, and Tilly. I will never forget any of you.

ReputationRep:
    Cats! They live their own life but will happily ask for some food and enjoy a nice time being stroked.
    Although I dont really like how they get so big, so quickly - they are far more cuter when they are little kittens:

sorry I don't know how to embed videos

ReputationRep:
    Dogs

ReputationRep:
    neither really, but if I had to choose, cats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice_Queen)
    Cats any day of the week!

My beautiful cats that I had back before I came to Uni are the animals that got me through everything; they were my best friends. They didn't need walking, they were perfectly content to sit on my lap all evening and play outside all day. You know they love you; unlike dogs they are their own person, they will only come to you if they like you, not just cos you feed them and walk them.

The age old saying "Dogs have masters; cats have staff" works very well to illustrate that last point!

*Can't wait until she gets a house where she can have another cat.*

Rest in peace Tabitha, Tinker, and Tilly. I will never forget any of you.
    I think the exact opposite: Cats are perfectly happy to go to anyone who'll feed them, hence the fact that some cats have several houses on a street who think the cat is theirs :P

Dogs are more loyal, they can be friendly to everyone, but they know who they really love and would protect them with their lives.

Plus, cat people often seem to have scratches.

No disrespect to your cats. I do like cats, I just think theirs is more of a cupboard love than dogs. Clearly they must love certain people too, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kittensmittens)
    guess :p:
    Omg! your sig looks just like my cat!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by PygmyShrew)
    I think the exact opposite: Cats are perfectly happy to go to anyone who'll feed them, hence the fact that some cats have several houses on a street who think the cat is theirs :P

Dogs are more loyal, they can be friendly to everyone, but they know who they really love and would protect them with their lives.

Plus, cat people often seem to have scratches.

No disrespect to your cats. I do like cats, I just think theirs is more of a cupboard love than dogs. Clearly they must love certain people too, though.
    Dogs will put up with a hell of a lot from their master; how often do you find cruelly treated adult cats?

I have never been scratched by any of my cats. Why would they do that to me? They loved me too much

I wouldn't say it's cupboard love; they just like the food. If they loved them, they'd stay over there!

I don't want an animal that will be loyal to me whatever I do to it. I want an animal that can think for itself. If it wants to go elsewhere, it can. Good on the cat (unless they're too damn thick to cross a road... may Tinker rest in peace)! They think for themselves a lot more than dogs. Independence is awesome.

You wouldn't want a person who relied on you for everything. It's equivalent to an abused wife, but without the life saving bit. I don't mind who feeds me, but I always share my bed with Tom.

Plus, if you go on holiday, just tell the neighbours

Ok, I wouldn't do that. But that's not the point.

ReputationRep:
    its close but i would go with dogs. however i do love my little kitty cat at the moment

ReputationRep:
    My puppy is lying next to me right now so yeah, dogs!

ReputationRep:
    Cats are ok, but I don't really know how to interact with one, there is a cat who comes in my garden and I play with her but she always digs her claws into my hands - they're like razors!!

I am more of a dog than a cat person. But I don't like all breeds, those that look like old men are ugly. I hate Pitballs too. I have 2 dogs and have grown up with dogs my entire life and never had a cat, so thats probably why I like dogs, oh and you can control them better.

I like those dogs!

ReputationRep:
    I used to have three large dogs (golden retrievers) and I currently have three cats, and I loved living with all of them. I don't have a preference overall, but for actually living with a certain type of animal I would probably choose cats as they seem to be slightly lower maintenance and more laid back.

Very sweet picture of one of my current cats (Ragdoll/Maine Coon cross) :-

EDIT: And I wouldn't say that cats only love people who feed them. Yes, maybe if their owner doesn't spend a lot of time with them and just leaves the door open all day they may wander off and find that someone else will give them food and attention, which they will appreciate and maybe keep going back. But all of the cats in this area and the ones I've owned will immediately return to our house if you call on them, are very loyal and definetly know who they love. And most of the time they're not even looking for food; they're just as keen for attention or someone to play with. The traits of cats and dogs are not set in stone, because every animal is different.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.