Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it 'uncool' to wear pumps or high-tops that aren't brand names like Converse etc? Saw a pair of pumps in New Look the other day that didn't look too bad and I can't really afford to part with £35 for Converse.
    I know its not that much money but I'm reeeaally broke right now

ReputationRep:
    Well
    Last year i couldn't afford converses so i just got non branded ones cuz i liked them a bunch of girls in m media class who have no life what so ever were quick to judge and make comments which did upset me..
    but i still wore them.
    This year i did buy an actual pair of converses funny enough the same girls were now like ohh there nice...
    idiots..
    To be honest it shouldn't matter my mum bought me some nice high tops and plimsoles the other day Non branded but to be honest i don't care
    go for it!

ReputationRep:
    not really. buy whatever you like.

ReputationRep:
    Buy them if you like them. Unless you're a total label whore and couldn't bear to put them on your feet. Okay so they mightn't be the best quality and might not last as long as the real thing but if you can't afford actual converse then there are loads of cheapo versions everywhere. There's more colour/print choice with knock off versions too :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cheeko)
    Well
    Last year i couldn't afford converses so i just got non branded ones cuz i liked them a bunch of girls in m media class who have no life what so ever were quick to judge and make comments which did upset me..
    Exactly what I was worried about! I know its lame but I can't help caring about what people think...but I think I will get them now. Thanks everyone x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah17xx)
    Exactly what I was worried about! I know its lame but I can't help caring about what people think...but I think I will get them now. Thanks everyone x
    yeah to be honest people just want an excuse to chat you just got to not let it get to you!
    Ohh Awesome Take a pic and show us

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.