Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Looked at the term dates for next year, it runs from 1 Sept - 2 July.

The accom letter says the licence agreement runs from 20 September - 30 May.

I can see the extra day at the start of the agreement is moving in day but cant understand the 30 May end date.

What happens for the more than 4 weeks at the end of the agreement?

Do many students stay in the area over the summer too? I was considering doing this, so if anyone has done it where do you stay?

ReputationRep:
    Accommodation letter?
    What was on this accommodation letter, why did you get one?
    You're just starting right?

I want one lol

ReputationRep:
    Um,
    well I know that the Halls where I go to uni offer the option of living in halls over the summer.
    If not people look and rent accommodation that they usually will live in over the summer and the next academic year around the area of the uni.
    So to me its normal to stay in the summer

ReputationRep:
    There's 3 semesters:
    - September - December
    - January - April
    - May - July

The first two semesters are fully timetabled (so you have to be living on campus, or at least still coming into Uni). The last semester is used for exams and sorting out any resits you'll have to do in August, so you don't have to be living on campus although you'd still have to commute for exams and such (1st year exams finish fairly early.. I finished mine in the first week of May and have been on summer hoilday ever since ).

If you do still need to be living in halls in the 3rd semester, I'm sure you can ask them to stay longer. I've seen people still living there in July!

ReputationRep:
    Nate71

Got my accomm letter last week, i got an unconditional in Feb, so that is probably the reason?

Defo says the Licence Fee for this accomodation is 3240 for the period 20 Sept - 30 May 2010.

ReputationRep:
    ahh fairr enough mate
    Suppose i've just gotta wait till the 20th to see if i even get in

I'd laff if i didn't get in after all this prep =/

ReputationRep:
    Grrrr I have an unconditional and I still haven't got my letter

ReputationRep:
    If you haven't had your results yet, you wont get your accommodation offer until a few days after results day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattyboi90)
    If you haven't had your results yet, you wont get your accommodation offer until a few days after results day.
    Thats what worries me I have got my results and I have a guaranteed place... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    OH NO :O

Just give them a ring lol people have only just started gettig letters through.

I still have to wait for results even though Im pretty much sure Im gonna get in seeing as I need like 3 Ds lol.

ReputationRep:
    Well just wait abit longer. I sent mine in very early March and i got my offer a couple of days ago, and its first come first serve. If you sent yours before March, then id worry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markmywords)
    Looked at the term dates for next year, it runs from 1 Sept - 2 July.

The accom letter says the licence agreement runs from 20 September - 30 May.

I can see the extra day at the start of the agreement is moving in day but cant understand the 30 May end date.

What happens for the more than 4 weeks at the end of the agreement?

Do many students stay in the area over the summer too? I was considering doing this, so if anyone has done it where do you stay?
    It varies course to course but most first years finish around late March/early April and exams are usually over by mid may.

I finished 3rd April, had two exams at the end of the month then I left. I had to pay up until 8th June, even though I wasn't living there. Most people moved out straight after their exams.

You can live in university accommodation over the summer but it's on a first come basis and is limited.

Alternatively, if you have a house sorted for your second year, you could move there after the 30th May depending on your landlord.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.