Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do i feel so horrible about a good friend having sex :( Watch

ReputationRep:
    Try not to think about her, how mentally tough are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tok-a-lot)
    Try not to think about her, how mentally tough are you?
    Not very, otherwise this thread wouldn't exist, DUCY?

ReputationRep:
    OP clearly wants to insert his Jigalow into her. >.<

ReputationRep:
    @ OP
    shudda tried harder

wuss.

ReputationRep:
    You're jealous. Both of him, and her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    Well not really, as I don't know these people, I can't have an 'opinion' on what their relationship status is. I'm just going on what I've been told. :dontknow:
    You should have been clearer that you meant for more than friendship.
    yeahhh alright babes sozz, *cough* geezzz >,>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon or delete please

Im a 17 boy, and one of my girly friends had sex with her boyfriend tonight. Weve known each other for quite a while, and got very close through some very bad times.

I admit i did have a thing for her, but got shot down and had to swallow it. And ive never liked that she has boyfriends, and i was so happy in a horrible way that she broke up with her boyfriend.

But now shes been going out with another guy for about 6 months, and hes horrible i really think he is. And they finally had sex and she lost her virginity, and i feel so so so so so so so so so so horrible and sick :'( my depression is flaring too. Why would i feel like this?

Im a virgin still, and i just want her to be happy but i really cant stand that shes had sex with him :'(

Help me understand
    I sat through a lecture on this some time ago, and the general gist, from what I can remember, is that you: a) seek to protect her from men using her, which makes sense because you're a guy and we both know that sometimes just getting some is a goal in itself or b) you are a very insecure person who has pinned hopes or a large part of your emotional stability on an idea that you and she might be together, as a self-contained unit, away from the world.

Note that a) could be noble, or territorial.

EDVB

Urgh, thinking about anything relating to her just makes me feel sick now im taking a break from her, but i think ive managed to ruin everything

(Original post by malleablegrace)
    It's funny actually, I'm a straight 20 year old female and yet when my female best friend even hints at the idea of loving someone else, talks about sex or anything like that I have exactly the same reaction as you so trust me, I know how it feels.
    I just think it's incredibly powerful emotion that stems from caring so much for someone and loving them so much.
    This is exactly me right now but she sees it as possessive and is cold towards me even though before she was the one who wanted it to only ever be us two forever (she even had a crush on me even though we're both straight). Not happy times I can tell you, in fact not happy is an understatement.

I really like a girl like the OP does, I can't tell her, and I just know that when the situation the OP's in comes up I'll feel exactly the same.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.