Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Well, what would everyone prefer, a talking element or a writing element?

WRITING.
    Definately writing. I did higher english this year and the personal study nab at my school used to be talking..oh thank god they changed that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachely)
    Definately writing. I did higher english this year and the personal study nab at my school used to be talking..oh thank god they changed that!
    Omg I know, I hope they do the written response at the college!

Does anyone remember the SG talk "It happened to me"? I talked about the time I went hill walking and kinda got stuck in a mud bog, and from a burst of nerves I started joking, screaming and stuff which made the whole class laugh, and yes, even my arch enemy english teacher laugh. I got a 1. But, she said I was being too hyperbole. *****. :huff:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember the SG talk "It happened to me"? I talked about the time I went hill walking and kinda got stuck in a mud bog, and from a burst of nerves I started joking, screaming and stuff which made the whole class laugh, and yes, even my arch enemy english teacher laugh. I got a 1. But, she said I was being too hyperbole. *****. :huff:
    That is so cool. At my school my standard grade english teacher made us all do our solo talk on a famous author...less fun and exciting
    My author was Charles Dickens - the only funny part of the talk was "Sketches by Boz" :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    We got to do solo talks on whatever we wanted :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I remember...you had to do one on your chosen career, "It happened to me", role play and a debate-type talk. Capital punishment ftw.

ReputationRep:
    For my prelim at standard grade. I wrote a murder mystery. There was this awesome detective, who noticed all these cool highly improbable things. He then got kidnapped by polar bears, who happened to be the culprits.

For the actual exam, I sat there for ten minutes not knowing what to do. Then I just started creating all these characters based on cliches, and eventually killed them off with metaphors. I thought it was pretty cool, like a metaphor within a metaphor :cool: No actual plot though :p:

ReputationRep:
    Perfect Papers were evil with the credit close reading this year. Something about a guy at sea who's kids wanted to get put in a home...lol. My English teacher read out the mistakes to the class, it was mortifying.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I remember anyone from any subject ever saying anything good about Perfect Papers.

ReputationRep:
    Well, my Computing teacher said that they call them "Imperfect Papers" at the SQA :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, jerks

ReputationRep:
    I'm gutted I missed it! I'm looking forward to it in AH though.

ReputationRep:
    Thank god i miss it! Im actually terrible at creative writing

ReputationRep:
    Well, what would everyone prefer, a talking element or a writing element?

WRITING.
    Writing for me too. I can't write for toffee, but I can't speak for chocolate, and chocolate > toffee.

That works in my head.

I remember...you had to do one on your chosen career, "It happened to me", role play and a debate-type talk. Capital punishment ftw.
    You're so funny :rofl:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.