Creative Writing to be added to Higher English course Watch

Rachely
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by LuhLah)
Well, what would everyone prefer, a talking element or a writing element?

WRITING.
Definately writing. I did higher english this year and the personal study nab at my school used to be talking..oh thank god they changed that!
LuhLah
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Rachely)
Definately writing. I did higher english this year and the personal study nab at my school used to be talking..oh thank god they changed that!
Omg I know, I hope they do the written response at the college!

Does anyone remember the SG talk "It happened to me"? I talked about the time I went hill walking and kinda got stuck in a mud bog, and from a burst of nerves I started joking, screaming and stuff which made the whole class laugh, and yes, even my arch enemy english teacher laugh. I got a 1. But, she said I was being too hyperbole. *****. :huff:
NinjaBread
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Does anyone remember the SG talk "It happened to me"? I talked about the time I went hill walking and kinda got stuck in a mud bog, and from a burst of nerves I started joking, screaming and stuff which made the whole class laugh, and yes, even my arch enemy english teacher laugh. I got a 1. But, she said I was being too hyperbole. *****. :huff:
That is so cool. At my school my standard grade english teacher made us all do our solo talk on a famous author...less fun and exciting
My author was Charles Dickens - the only funny part of the talk was "Sketches by Boz" :rolleyes:
Meteorshower
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
We got to do solo talks on whatever we wanted :cool:
LuhLah
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I remember...you had to do one on your chosen career, "It happened to me", role play and a debate-type talk. Capital punishment ftw.
Meteorshower
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
For my prelim at standard grade. I wrote a murder mystery. There was this awesome detective, who noticed all these cool highly improbable things. He then got kidnapped by polar bears, who happened to be the culprits.

For the actual exam, I sat there for ten minutes not knowing what to do. Then I just started creating all these characters based on cliches, and eventually killed them off with metaphors. I thought it was pretty cool, like a metaphor within a metaphor :cool: No actual plot though :p:
LuhLah
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Perfect Papers were evil with the credit close reading this year. Something about a guy at sea who's kids wanted to get put in a home...lol. My English teacher read out the mistakes to the class, it was mortifying.
TheUnbeliever
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't think I remember anyone from any subject ever saying anything good about Perfect Papers.
LuhLah
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well, my Computing teacher said that they call them "Imperfect Papers" at the SQA :awesome:
Meteorshower
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah, jerks
cloudbusting
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm gutted I missed it! I'm looking forward to it in AH though.
Borucs-babe
Report 9 years ago
Thank god i miss it! Im actually terrible at creative writing
C274
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well, what would everyone prefer, a talking element or a writing element?

WRITING.
Writing for me too. I can't write for toffee, but I can't speak for chocolate, and chocolate > toffee.

That works in my head.
ArcadiaHouse
Badges: 15
Report 9 years ago
I remember...you had to do one on your chosen career, "It happened to me", role play and a debate-type talk. Capital punishment ftw.
You're so funny :rofl:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (76)
27.64%
No (199)
72.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed