The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
LuhLah
Well, what would everyone prefer, a talking element or a writing element?

WRITING.

Definately writing. I did higher english this year and the personal study nab at my school used to be talking..oh thank god they changed that!
Reply 61
Rachely
Definately writing. I did higher english this year and the personal study nab at my school used to be talking..oh thank god they changed that!

Omg I know, I hope they do the written response at the college! :colondollar:

Does anyone remember the SG talk "It happened to me"? I talked about the time I went hill walking and kinda got stuck in a mud bog, and from a burst of nerves I started joking, screaming and stuff which made the whole class laugh, and yes, even my arch enemy english teacher laugh. I got a 1. But, she said I was being too hyperbole. Bitch. :huff:
LuhLah
Does anyone remember the SG talk "It happened to me"? I talked about the time I went hill walking and kinda got stuck in a mud bog, and from a burst of nerves I started joking, screaming and stuff which made the whole class laugh, and yes, even my arch enemy english teacher laugh. I got a 1. But, she said I was being too hyperbole. Bitch. :huff:

That is so cool. At my school my standard grade english teacher made us all do our solo talk on a famous author...less fun and exciting
My author was Charles Dickens - the only funny part of the talk was "Sketches by Boz" :rolleyes:
We got to do solo talks on whatever we wanted :cool:
Reply 64
I remember...you had to do one on your chosen career, "It happened to me", role play and a debate-type talk. Capital punishment ftw.
For my prelim at standard grade. I wrote a murder mystery. There was this awesome detective, who noticed all these cool highly improbable things. He then got kidnapped by polar bears, who happened to be the culprits.

For the actual exam, I sat there for ten minutes not knowing what to do. Then I just started creating all these characters based on cliches, and eventually killed them off with metaphors. I thought it was pretty cool, like a metaphor within a metaphor :cool: No actual plot though :p:
Reply 66
Perfect Papers were evil with the credit close reading this year. Something about a guy at sea who's kids wanted to get put in a home...lol. My English teacher read out the mistakes to the class, it was mortifying.
I don't think I remember anyone from any subject ever saying anything good about Perfect Papers.
Reply 68
Well, my Computing teacher said that they call them "Imperfect Papers" at the SQA :awesome:
Yeah, jerks
I'm gutted I missed it! I'm looking forward to it in AH though.
Thank god i miss it! Im actually terrible at creative writing:frown:
Reply 72
LuhLah
Well, what would everyone prefer, a talking element or a writing element?

WRITING.

Writing for me too. I can't write for toffee, but I can't speak for chocolate, and chocolate > toffee.

That works in my head.
LuhLah
I remember...you had to do one on your chosen career, "It happened to me", role play and a debate-type talk. Capital punishment ftw.

You're so funny :rofl:

Latest

Trending

Trending