Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I havent found any info on this on tsr, might be wrong but if it's around direct me!?

In the next to the subject, grade and number of points you got, it states a level? (eg. level 5)

What do the levels represent?

and the points/credits i've gathered, are they ucas points?

Sorry, really have no idea how to decipher anything but the actual grades!

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    The levels that are next to the subject are only an indication of the difficulty of the award.
    It works on a scale of level 1 to level 12 with level 1 being the easiest award to gain and level 12 being the most difficult ( I think its a doctorates ).

The credit points are only an indication to how much work would have had to be put in to achieve the award.
    1 credit point is the equivalent of 10 hours work.

For example I achieved an 'A' at higher computing and one of the components of the course was level - 6 and credit - 6.
    The level 6 basically means higher level and the credit 6 means it would have taken approx 60 hours to complete.

They have no corrolation to UCAS points.
    If you want to know how much UCAS points you have achieved you can go to this site

http://www.merlinhelpsstudents.com/s...calculator.asp

and then enter the levels you sat and your results obtained.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bob 911)
    The levels that are next to the subject are only an indication of the difficulty of the award.
    It works on a scale of level 1 to level 12 with level 1 being the easiest award to gain and level 12 being the most difficult ( I think its a doctorates ).

The credit points are only an indication to how much work would have had to be put in to achieve the award.
    1 credit point is the equivalent of 10 hours work.

For example I achieved an 'A' at higher computing and one of the components of the course was level - 6 and credit - 6.
    The level 6 basically means higher level and the credit 6 means it would have taken approx 60 hours to complete.

They have no corrolation to UCAS points.
    If you want to know how much UCAS points you have achieved you can go to this site

http://www.merlinhelpsstudents.com/s...calculator.asp

and then enter the levels you sat and your results obtained.
    thanks! i can stop worrying about my results now and be happy!P

well done on the higher computing btw! i got a one for standard grade, but i'd never consider it for higher, computers ain't my thing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seejayybee)
    thanks! i can stop worrying about my results now and be happy!P

well done on the higher computing btw! i got a one for standard grade, but i'd never consider it for higher, computers ain't my thing!
    TBH it was the easiest of the highers i done. All boys class and we basically just played stunt pilot and parking perfection for a year lol.

How did your results go?

ReputationRep:
    If you read the stuff that comes with your certificates, you'll find out everything about them and more :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bob 911)
    TBH it was the easiest of the highers i done. All boys class and we basically just played stunt pilot and parking perfection for a year lol.

How did your results go?
    four 2s and two 1s and a C.
    not too shabby for me! i'm not generally known as the brightest in my classes :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.