Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I just got my hair done yesterday aftre spending the past 3 years going brunette constantly i decided to go blonde instead. Is there any product than anyone has used and would recommend to make my hair lighter? Its nice but just a little bit too dark.

ReputationRep:
    You can find lightening sprays..I suppose at somewhere like boots/superdrug (or whatever the local pharmacy chain thing is). I have one, but its not a brand you get overseas..they work pretty well, people noticed it was lighter. You just spray it on then let your hair dry..do it maybe a few days in a row.

Or i guess, the lemon juice thing. Somebody will mention it..apparently it works, though I suspect it damages your hair pretty badly.

I use this shampoo http://www.boots.com/en/John-Frieda-...-250ml_863168/, its great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happydinosaur)
    I use this shampoo http://www.boots.com/en/John-Frieda-...-250ml_863168/, its great!
    This. John Frieda's the best =)

ReputationRep:
    Permanently? Only bleach will do the trick well. However temporarily these shampoos can make a little difference, often they are expensive though. I used to spend £10 buying lightening shampoo and conditioner I believe it was John Freida at around £5 per product. I now just use a really good conditioner as being blonde is more damaging, and my hair is not any less blonde, bit of a rip off I feel.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, there's one you spray in your hair which makes it lighter by sunlight and it work really well, giving it beachy blonde highlights. I can't remember the name, but you buy it at a pharmacy.

ReputationRep:
    you could try sun-in? i really want to lighten my hair but ive heard both good and bad things about sun-in. im tempted by this john frieda shampoo though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pegler)
    you could try sun-in? i really want to lighten my hair but ive heard both good and bad things about sun-in. im tempted by this john frieda shampoo though!
    sun-in is only available in the US apparently.. i could get it for £3.04 but the delivery is over £21 lol x

ReputationRep:
    Sun-In, ebay. Or you could just use lemon juice. Or John Frieda/Toni & Guy blonde shampoo.

(Original post by PerthLady)
    sun-in is only available in the US apparently.. i could get it for £3.04 but the delivery is over £21 lol x
    You can get sun-in from some Boots stores and I've even seen in a couple of really large supermarkets. I hear its really not great though.

ReputationRep:
    toner?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PerthLady)
    oh maybe they only have it in some places in the uk, the boots where i live sells it!

ReputationRep:
    ok, thanks

ReputationRep:
    I used that but it didn't seem to make my hair lighter at all and I found a much cheaper alternative in asda for about £2 :p:

(Original post by kaytee.)
    I used that but it didn't seem to make my hair lighter at all and I found a much cheaper alternative in asda for about £2
    Probably depends on your hair. The John Frieda really works well on mine, so much lighter, in fact the front bits are almost a white blonde sometimes. I have to rotate the products though. They work for a bottle or so and then my hair seems to get used to them so I switch to a different brand. The Pantene works well for me as does Treseme and Boots Natural Collection shampoo.

ReputationRep:
    Probably depends on your hair. The John Frieda really works well on mine, so much lighter, in fact the front bits are almost a white blonde sometimes. I have to rotate the products though. They work for a bottle or so and then my hair seems to get used to them so I switch to a different brand. The Pantene works well for me as does Treseme and Boots Natural Collection shampoo.
    yeah, my hair's really dark blonde now, used to be almost white. Doubt it'll have much effect anymore

ReputationRep:
    Bleach

ReputationRep:
    before anymore people say it.. i am not going to bleach my hair..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.