GIRLS: How do I get my hair like THIS. (Pics inside) Watch

kathy_vin
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I love volumised hair but i have pin straight hair. If i dont brush it or anyhing it's still...just straight.

So how do I get it all volumised like the blonde girl, second from the left on this picture, and her in the other pictures. I love it and just want my hair like that :/

PLEASE dont make comments like: she's hot... we know.

THANKS guys :yep:
oh_adele
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Sea salt spray on damp hair. Also, when you're drying your hair, get the towel then kind of scrunch all of the hair, so the hair is scrunched tight, by your roots. And just do it all over.
Lady_KaKa
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Eugh, not being *****y but I genuinely think it looks like a haystack. It's thin and wispy, and generally just looks a mess.
jesty
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I know this is meant for girls but one of my lady friends used to use talcon powder. might have been mixed with something else as well

not sure how true that is but her hair was very similar

your whole group is hot btw. a rare find lol
Marsha2112
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Eughhh, that girl looks like she just walked out of Jack Wills.
That's not 'volumised' hair as such, just haystacky and backcombed. True VOLUME is Kylie in the 80s, etc.
But I'd suggest backcombing, mousse and a swim in the sea if you really love the 'private school' look.
Trigger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I like that style personally, il try salt water :yes:
Whizz
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:lolwut: oooookay...

She probably puts volumising spray into it when its wet and then blow drys it full blast until 80% dry. then plait it into one/ two/ three plaits depending on how thick your hair is. Once dry, separate the top bit of your hair (on the crown), tie up the rest loosely and then use a fine toothed comb to back comb the top bit. Let everything out and then get a texturising wax and run it through your hair (especially the ends), using your palms not your fingers to work it in. finish with a can of hairspray.
Revolution is my Name
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Blatant private schoolgirl is blatant
oh_adele
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I normally use the Lee Stafford spray, to make my short/choppy layers look kinda messy. I tried this: http://www.boots.com/en/VO5-Extreme-...-150ml_953051/ and it's like WOAH. I looked like Stig of The Dump. But, it looks really good on longer hair. I think her second hair style is better than the first. You can get that by plaiting it overnight, after using a moisturising shampoo like Herbal Essences, can't remember what it's called, the new one, blue bottle, green lid, and leaving it overnight. Then just smoothing it through with your fingers in the morning.
vander Beth
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Take mine, I'm sick of it :p:
_Claudia_
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Blow-dry your roots with your hair upside down, and scrunch it while you're drying it. Keep your haed upside down until it's cooled, so the volume stays.
Her hair actually looks exactly like mine when I've used my spin curl hairdryer, so perhaps try that?
nadiah
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Lady_KaKa)
Eugh, not being *****y but I genuinely think it looks like a haystack. It's thin and wispy, and generally just looks a mess.
This, it looks like my hair did when I over dyed it blonde (I left a blonde dye on for too long not realising it was so strong) and was basically dead, breaking, and the texture of bubblegum.

If you want proper volumised hair, hairspray and backcombing is the key.
Love.Angel.Music.Baby
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
DUST IT!

its amazing!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000UCEAR...l_2i2p5ymszt_e
Tom.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by kathy_vin)
I love volumised hair but i have pin straight hair. If i dont brush it or anything

PLEASE dont make comments like: she's hot... we know.

THANKS guys :yep:
She's not hot at all.
ourlastmemory
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Revolution is my Name)
Blatant private schoolgirl is blatant
Lolz, my thoughts exactly...spitting image of all the Jack Wills clones that go to mine

OP it's not a particularly healthy hairstyle, but its always worth trying out new things I guess! Just scrunch like mad when its wet if your hair is straight, don't brush it when you're drying it, and work through it with a mousse followed by a light hold hairspray. You could always try using a volumising shampoo as well though I'm not sure what good those do. The sea salt trick does work, but boy it makes your hair feel vile and sticky.
*Miss A*
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
backbrushing...
username260542
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I recognize the girl on the bottom picture that isn't the one with the hair you want, small world isn't it. Also I'd say towel dry as much as you can and blow dry minimally if you want the beach hair look and then also mouse and hairspray for volume. My hair is straightish and I curl it a bit to give my hair the beach hair waves
Local_United_Fan
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I feel slightly more paedophilic after reading this thread.

I would guess go down the hairdresser's and show them the picture?
Dodo XD
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Whizz)
:lolwut: oooookay...

She probably puts volumising spray into it when its wet and then blow drys it full blast until 80% dry. then plait it into one/ two/ three plaits depending on how thick your hair is. Once dry, separate the top bit of your hair (on the crown), tie up the rest loosely and then use a fine toothed comb to back comb the top bit. Let everything out and then get a texturising wax and run it through your hair (especially the ends), using your palms not your fingers to work it in. finish with a can of hairspray.
LOL! +rep!!!
A Stranger in Moscow
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jesty)
your whole group is hot btw. a rare find lol
Not really! Attractive girls tend to hang out with attractive girls. Also, if what everyone is saying about them being private school girls, it's going to be even more likely that they are all thin and tanned, and you can't really see their faces well enough to judge much else.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (140)
18.4%
No (461)
60.58%
Not really bothered about them (160)
21.02%

Watched Threads