Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GIRLS: How do I get my hair like THIS. (Pics inside) Watch

ReputationRep:
    backcoming backcombing and more backcombing

ReputationRep:
    wake up in the morning and dont brush your hair :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady_KaKa)
    Eugh, not being *****y but I genuinely think it looks like a haystack. It's thin and wispy, and generally just looks a mess.
    this

also its called the hairdressers/stylist. Thats what they're there for.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say she is overly hot...:rolleyes:
    but if you like her hair, why don't you ask her how she does it ? And do your friends know you posted their pics in a public forum ? I'd be quite pissed off...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Stranger in Moscow)
    Not really! Attractive girls tend to hang out with attractive girls. Also, if what everyone is saying about them being private school girls, it's going to be even more likely that they are all thin and tanned, and you can't really see their faces well enough to judge much else.
    maybe its just my area then! lol

theres normally a few less attractive girls to make the hot ones feel even hotter :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    They're not private school kids at all.
    If I dont brush my hair then its still godamn straight.
    Thanks for the help though...

ReputationRep:
    Also, its the last picture I REALLY like her hair in....

ReputationRep:
    backcombing like there's no tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.)
    She's not hot at all.
    dont let the side down tommy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kathy_vin)
    I love volumised hair but i have pin straight hair. If i dont brush it or anyhing it's still...just straight.

So how do I get it all volumised like the blonde girl, second from the left on this picture, and her in the other pictures. I love it and just want my hair like that :/

PLEASE dont make comments like: she's hot... we know.

THANKS guys :yep:
    She is quite beautiful. Edit: All of those girls are pretty fit to be quite honest, that's where all the good looking girls went...

Beside that, when you dry your hair aren't you meant to like... flick your hair over your head, so it's hanging down and then use the old hairdryer into it?

I will try and describe it better, but say, you are standing up, go and touch your toes. That's the position you need to be in. Then just flick your hair so it's all just falling towards the floor.

Now get the hairdryer and blow INTO the hair, like from the floor into your hair, I might be talking a load of ****, but that is how I was taught to dry my sisters hair so....?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady_KaKa)
    Eugh, not being *****y but I genuinely think it looks like a haystack. It's thin and wispy, and generally just looks a mess.

This. Seriously, it's not a good look. Her hairy looks so dry and in bad condition in the first two. However, the third is alot better. Plait you hair while it's wet and brush it out.

ReputationRep:
    Put your dry hair into pin curls http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50yw2W5F_z8 (Tutorial). Leave for at least half an hour, longer if you want curlier looking hair.

Pull the pins out and brush gently through the curls. Straighten and re-curl any bits that messed up and then back comb the top of your hair to give it more volume. It does take some practice but play around with it a bit and you'll figure it out. Spray with hairspray and voila!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesty)
    Agreed, there is some serious talent in that group!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesty)

Sorry but picture 2 is horrific.

ReputationRep:
    Well firstly the girl in the photograph has wavy hair, so naturally curly wavy hair has more bounce.
    As your hair is flat You could plat your hair when wet to create the wavy effect and spray in some sea salt spray you can find these from boots theres one called beach waves by fructis.
    The other thing you can do is to back comb your hair, this creates bounce or put in rollers and apply heat, but dont do this all the time as it can damage your hair especially if your a blonde.

ReputationRep:
    Get yourself some kind of volumizing mousse/spray. When you're drying your hair, really blast it with a hair dryer upside down as it creates more volume. If you want it even more volumous, back-comb it a little bit (basically get a small bit of hair and use your comb to comb it in the opposite direction, for example if you get a hair from the top of your head, comb it downwards [if that makes sense]) all over and you'll get really big hair, although I wouldn't reccomend doing that everyday as it's quite damaging, great for a night out though. Blow drying upside down is really good for creating volume though, I do it all the time. Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    I wear my hair like this sometimes, not so volumised in my current profile pic though!

I roughly part my hair when I want it, sometimes I comb through, sometimes leave knotty. Then use a volumising mouse when wet and blow dry upside down. Get sections and use a comb to backcomb it, spraying hairspray as you finish, do this in layers around you head. Finally lots of hairspray to finish off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Stranger in Moscow)
    Not really! Attractive girls tend to hang out with attractive girls. Also, if what everyone is saying about them being private school girls, it's going to be even more likely that they are all thin and tanned, and you can't really see their faces well enough to judge much else.
    This is slightly true- I went to one

ReputationRep:
    She probably tied her hair in several braids after been to the shower. Then she slept the night and untied the wet braids. Now the hair is kinda curly. The wavy effect shown is because of loose braids 2 days old, covered in hairspray.
    Some hairspray is applied in the roots of the hair, so the hair isn't "flat" and has some volume.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kathy_vin)
    I love volumised hair but i have pin straight hair. If i dont brush it or anyhing it's still...just straight.

So how do I get it all volumised like the blonde girl, second from the left on this picture, and her in the other pictures. I love it and just want my hair like that :/

PLEASE dont make comments like: she's hot... we know.

THANKS guys :yep:
    Looks like volumiusing hair spray and hair curlers for waves...

You want to look preppy? :eek:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.