Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sent Wii off for repair, get a Wii Fit in return?! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Last month I sent my Wii off for a repair, and everything was going fine and the repair log said it was completed on the 27th July and dispatched back to me on the 28th. They gave me a DHL tracker link and it all seemed fine until it got to the Hatfield Terminal on the 29th where it had departed from but no more tracker updates since

I thought maybe there was just an error with their tracker thing and it was nothing to worry about and so I waited for my Wii to come. I waited for a whole week and nothing had arrived and the tracker had not updated either. Rather annoyed as it's not like we live in a big country or something, surely it shouldn't take that long. I contacted the Nintendo Service Centre yesterday though it was a bit late so I wasn't expecting to hear back til today or something anyway.

This morning a package arrived from DHL and it was addressed to me and it was a big box so assuming it was my Wii I accepted it. Upon opening it I discovered it was a Wii Fit!? So I have sent them another email this morning explaining the new developments in my situation but I am starting to suspect that my Wii is lost Which I am really not impressed with considering I had to pay for the repair as it wasn't within warranty.

What I want to know is, has this happened to anyone else and if they can't find your Wii do you have to buy a new one? Or do they send a free replacement?

Thanks for reading, I hope this is in the right place.

ReputationRep:
    There's no way you'll have to buy a new one. They've just made a mistake and sent you the wrong thing. I'm sure customer services will sort it out for you. If they don't, kick up a massive fuss until they do!

ReputationRep:
    You've got a free Wii fit! And if you call them I'm sure you can get your Wii back. Stop complaining :p:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.