Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's it like being a Vidal Sassoon Demo Model? watch

ReputationRep:
    I recently went to the Vidal Sassoon Creative Academy for the first time, and got my haircut done for a fiver, it took about 3 hours but I absolutely loved the cut, definately better then any £30 haircut I've had locally, in fact it's probably the best cut I've ever had.

They asked me to be a demonstration model for them which means I'd get hair cuts for free by a proffessional. But what actually happens? Do the hair cuts get really crazy and weird? One of the proffessional colourists was already talking to me about him colouring my hair, but I really don't know what to expect...

So has anyone had any experiences of being a demo model for Vidal Sassoon, or any other hair companies like that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veronica111)
    I recently went to the Vidal Sassoon Creative Academy for the first time, and got my haircut done for a fiver, it took about 3 hours but I absolutely loved the cut, definately better then any £30 haircut I've had locally, in fact it's probably the best cut I've ever had.

They asked me to be a demonstration model for them which means I'd get hair cuts for free by a proffessional. But what actually happens? Do the hair cuts get really crazy and weird? One of the proffessional colourists was already talking to me about him colouring my hair, but I really don't know what to expect...

So has anyone had any experiences of being a demo model for Vidal Sassoon, or any other hair companies like that?
    :O sounds like a really awesome opportunity right there! I think I know somebody who did something similar, and I don't think they force you into getting any haircut you wouldn't want done. Plus, the cuts may be 'weird', but hey, they're by a professional, so they'll be weird in a good way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ourlastmemory)
    :O sounds like a really awesome opportunity right there! I think I know somebody who did something similar, and I don't think they force you into getting any haircut you wouldn't want done. Plus, the cuts may be 'weird', but hey, they're by a professional, so they'll be weird in a good way
    yeaa I guess so, but eek don't want to get myself caught up in anything I don't really understand lol

ReputationRep:
    yeaa I guess so, but eek don't want to get myself caught up in anything I don't really understand lol
    yeah of course, but if you're worried i don't expect they'd mind explaining if you went in and just asked them what it would entail

ReputationRep:
    yeah I suppose, I mean they were really helpful when I went in for my first cut, ahh I just wanna know if anyones had any experience as actually being a demo model.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ourlastmemory)
    yeah of course, but if you're worried i don't expect they'd mind explaining if you went in and just asked them what it would entail
    yeah I suppose, I mean they were really helpful when I got my haircut there firstly anyway, ahh I just really wanna know if anyone on here has any experience as a demo model

ReputationRep:
    ive been a demo model. It was actually quite good, but yeah the haircut does get weird. I had naturally long blonde hair, and they have gave me a pixie cut, but with short bits at the back that stood up! and choppy fringe, which had bits of red in. It looked great, but took ages to get used to, and people do stare abit! i personally wouldnt do it again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GildedButterfly)
    ive been a demo model. It was actually quite good, but yeah the haircut does get weird. I had naturally long blonde hair, and they have gave me a pixie cut, but with short bits at the back that stood up! and choppy fringe, which had bits of red in. It looked great, but took ages to get used to, and people do stare abit! i personally wouldnt do it again.

mmmm, well I've already got a pixie cut so I'm worried if they'll shave bits of my head ahaa, do you get any say in how they do your hair?

ReputationRep:
    mmmm, well I've already got a pixie cut so I'm worried if they'll shave bits of my head ahaa, do you get any say in how they do your hair?
    no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GildedButterfly)
    no.
    aha, wow thats reassuring!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 12, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.