Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't find another thread for just Cranborne house so I thought I'd make one!

Post here with what you're studying if you're staying in Cranborne

I'm doing Marketing

-Jane

ReputationRep:
    Hi, also staing in Cranbourne.

and will be studying "Forensics and Crime Scene Sciences".

ReputationRep:
    Hello! Yep staying in Cranborne house and studying Computing.

ReputationRep:
    Awesome! Have you decided when you guys are moving in yet? I think I'm going on the 20th

ReputationRep:
    maybe the 20th but probably the 21st.

ReputationRep:
    I'm staying in Cranborne and studying Sports Management. Going to move in on the 20th so I can go to the halls welcome party on the night!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not too sure about what's going on in freshers week, does anyone know a link or anywhere on the website they can show which can give me some details?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jvjenkins)
    I'm not too sure about what's going on in freshers week, does anyone know a link or anywhere on the website they can show which can give me some details?

You mean freshers fortnight?!

This should come in useful: http://subu.org.uk/files/minisites/4...ofspreads5.pdf

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh thanks! I remember looking at that a while ago but I couldn't find the link again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nason34)
    Hello! Yep staying in Cranborne house and studying Computing.
    Ditto. Cranbourne and Computing for me too

Shame we don't (afaik) find out flat/room numbers until we get there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiniMurderdoll)
    Ditto. Cranbourne and Computing for me too

Shame we don't (afaik) find out flat/room numbers until we get there.
    :eek: Is this true? I was hoping to know before-doing screenwriting btw and I'll be there the 20th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reason07)
    :eek: Is this true? I was hoping to know before-doing screenwriting btw and I'll be there the 20th.
    As far as I know its true. Though I did find out from a Faceboook group to be fair so no idea how reliable the info is.

Link : http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?ui...771&topic=9978

I've not heard anything otherwise though, so am going with it :confused:

I plan on arriving on the 20th too, hopefully pretty early on in the day

ReputationRep:
    Yeah im heading down on the 20th aswell. CRANBOURNE WOOOO!!!

I was under the impression we received a letter in the post saying which flat we were in and we got like a slip we had to sign and send back...thats what someone told me anyway....guess they were lying lol

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I'm not sure now either. I heard we get told when we get there but who knows. Moving in on the 20th, think my time slot is 2:00 - 3:30.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I'm not sure now either. I heard we get told when we get there but who knows. Moving in on the 20th, think my time slot is 2:00 - 3:30.
    We get our own time slots as well?!?

Or is that just the times you want to get there for?

ReputationRep:
    Nope I received an email with the time on the 20th I'm allocated to move in. Its done by how far away you live to the university or something.

ReputationRep:
    Nope I received an email with the time on the 20th I'm allocated to move in. Its done by how far away you live to the university or something.
    They give you a time slot? :O

Thats awkward

ReputationRep:
    Its so that everyone doesn't arrive at the same time and cause congestion all around as everyone mobs the reception and trying to find somewhere to park. Kinda makes sense really, apparently the rooms have all been allocated already so getting there earlier or later won't make a difference to the room you get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charla)
    Its so that everyone doesn't arrive at the same time and cause congestion all around as everyone mobs the reception and trying to find somewhere to park. Kinda makes sense really, apparently the rooms have all been allocated already so getting there earlier or later won't make a difference to the room you get.
    Yeah its a good idea I guess but if they know what rooms we're in why can't they tell us now argghhh :eek3: .

ReputationRep:
    Oh don't get me wrong, I'd love to know who I'm with and also whether to bring a kettle so that we don't end up with a kitchen full of them but suppose gives us something to surprise us with.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.