Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charla)
    Oh don't get me wrong, I'd love to know who I'm with and also whether to bring a kettle so that we don't end up with a kitchen full of them but suppose gives us something to surprise us with.
    "The kitchen of each residence is equipped with a cooker, fridge/freezer, microwave, electric kettle, and ironing board and storage cupboards.

Students will need to provide their own iron, cutlery, cooking utensils and crockery.

We do however, recommend that students wait until moving in to purchase these items as there is limited space in the kitchens and housemates may find it more practical to shop together for these things when they move in.

Chip pans and deep fat fryers are not allowed.

As the residences are adequately furnished there is no need for students to provide additional furniture"

Sorry if i ruined the surprise haha

ReputationRep:
    Oh no! I was hoping we could set up a chip shop if we all bought chip pans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nason34)
    Nope I received an email with the time on the 20th I'm allocated to move in. Its done by how far away you live to the university or something.
    When did you get your e-mail?

I've got e-mails confirming my accomodation and all that but no time-slot:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reason07)
    When did you get your e-mail?

I've got e-mails confirming my accomodation and all that but no time-slot:eek3:
    I received it on the 19th Aug. Perhaps they have just sent them to people who live furthest away?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've got a time slot already too, I've gotta be there between 1 and 2.30pm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Immz)
    Yeah I've got a time slot already too, I've gotta be there between 1 and 2.30pm
    Actually just checked and thats the same as mine. Where are you traveling from?

ReputationRep:
    I received it on the 19th Aug. Perhaps they have just sent them to people who live furthest away?
    Well I had to wait till the 20th to apply for my accomodation, so maybe that explains half of it.

I live in Birmingham and compared to a lot of people on my course its very far away lol.

ReputationRep:
    Ah yeah that makes sense. I'm sure you'll get your email soon then. I also live near Birmingham too btw haha, well 20-30 mins away.

ReputationRep:
    I live in London and im yet to receive this email

Accepted my offer on the 20th, paid the deposit day after but no email about when i move in :/

ReputationRep:
    Actually just checked and thats the same as mine. Where are you traveling from?
    Bromsgrove, which is in between Birmingham and Worcester. Probably not too far from where you are

ReputationRep:
    Ahh yeah in Worcestershire? I'm in Warwickshire so not far away at all. Midland invasion down south ha.

ReputationRep:
    I called up today to make sure everything I had to do was done, because I'm going abroad from 3rd-8th and didn't want to come back and find I should've sent something off.

The guy seemed to suggest I would be getting a timeslot in the post, rather than in an email, and that you would only find out what flat you're in when you arrive there.

Im guessing there will be maybe 2 flats per floor in each timeslot, so that each floor isn't crammed with people all at the same time, the carpark isn't too packed at any time and that every flat will be moving in at the same time-ish so that nobody turns up really early and is sat there wondering when the rest will turn up etc.

I just hope my flat doesn't have to get there too early. Chris doesn't do early

ReputationRep:
    Hello fellow Cranborne residents!

I'm hoping to move in on the 21st of September and will be studying Multimedia Journalism:woo:

I also haven't received an email indicating a time slot or room number so I wouldn't worry too much as you're not alone!*she says whilst nervously twiddling her thumbs*

ReputationRep:
    Thats a point actually, I wonder if we have a choice between 20th and 21st, or if the timeslot is for one of the two days, rather than both :woo:

Anybody else bringing their car? I'm planning on bringing mine until Christmas when the MOT, tax *and* insurance all run out. Just makes sense not to waste the remaining time, and will be handy incase I need to go back home to get anything. Just wondering if anyone else knows where they might be leaving the car. I don't know if all the streets will be residents only and shiz >_<

Don't mind walking 20 mins or so if I have to though I guess.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a timeslot, I got it through email. I'm going between 11:30 and 1pm. Going to try and get there later rather than sooner though... As for car parking, there isn't a car park in the halls area so that leaves me a bit confused as to how I'm supposed to carry all my **** from my car to my room lol.

ReputationRep:
    Well I thought we at least had a choice about the day of arrival because I had to email the Uni with the date I plan to show up...but there was definitely no mention of a time slot.

Maybe they'll get back to me with one possibly through these mysterious letters and emails people seem to be referring to!

I hate all of this waiting around for possible letters/emails to appear grrrrr but at the same time I appreciate that things are probably a little manic their end:eek3:

I just don't think my postie appreciates me jumping on him every morning!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiniMurderdoll)
    Thats a point actually, I wonder if we have a choice between 20th and 21st, or if the timeslot is for one of the two days, rather than both :woo:
    The time slot is just if you are moving in on the 20th . You can move in any time I think on days after.

ReputationRep:
    The time slot is just if you are moving in on the 20th . You can move in any time I think on days after.
    Ahhhh Now that makes much more sense Thanks Nason34!

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh I wasn't aware of that! Not quite sure why I chose the 20th really :s

It's a shame though, I would like to speak to some people I'm going to be living with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jvjenkins)
    I've got a timeslot, I got it through email. I'm going between 11:30 and 1pm. Going to try and get there later rather than sooner though... As for car parking, there isn't a car park in the halls area so that leaves me a bit confused as to how I'm supposed to carry all my **** from my car to my room lol.
    Saw that it says no parking in the halls description, bu I looked on Google maps and it looks like there is a carpark next to the halls but no idea if its owned by them. If it is, I'm assuming we're allowed to use that on arrivals but we can't leave cars parked there overnight/long term. Might be there for visitors only or something who can get a 1 night permit for example.

....or its not related to the halls at all :lolwut:

Cheers

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.