Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nason34)
    Ahh thats fine then. I'll just get one when I'm down there I'm sure they won't do me on the first week of being there. Cheers inferno.
    I BELIEVE (but don't quote me) they have to send you a reminder before they can take any action anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I have a question actually... The internet in our rooms isn't going to be wireless, so does that mean that they'll provide us with ethernet cables? Or will we have to bring our own/buy them from the campus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jvjenkins)
    I have a question actually... The internet in our rooms isn't going to be wireless, so does that mean that they'll provide us with ethernet cables? Or will we have to bring our own/buy them from the campus?
    youll probably get one but there so cheap you may aswell bring your own aswell to be sure, any pc store sells them so worst case u can buy one there

ReputationRep:
    Went into Currys.Digital earlier today out of interest to see how much cables cost, and also the laptops.

They wanted £20 for a 2m Cat5 network cable. Bloody rip off. Tempted to make a few up off a reel and sell them when I get there for a fraction of the high street price.

Hope the halls provide one though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiniMurderdoll)
    Went into Currys.Digital earlier today out of interest to see how much cables cost, and also the laptops.

They wanted £20 for a 2m Cat5 network cable. Bloody rip off. Tempted to make a few up off a reel and sell them when I get there for a fraction of the high street price.

Hope the halls provide one though.
    i can make them so i have like a million, most devices some with them anyway so u sure you dont have any around?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I have some lying around. Was just annoyed at the fact they're selling them for so much on the high street. Ripping so many people off.

ReputationRep:
    Luckily for me I have a Ethernet cable lying about the house somewhere...now I just have to find it!

Just received an email telling me I've been allocated a "Value room". Yay for a little money off the rent but now I'm seriously worried about fitting all my junk into my room!!!!

Anybody else been allocated one of these?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't received that email, but could always be arriving in a later batch I guess.

I've no idea how big the rooms are to be honest, I didn't visit and the pictures on the website are a bit fail. The video of the halls only show a room which is built with disabled access in mind so its a lot bigger than the normal sized ones so doesn't help at all.

Anybody seen any decent pics around?

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed that the pictures of the bedrooms for cranborne are the same for another of the buildings so that's no help.
    I did a pic search of cranborne house bournemouth on google and found a couple of photos but they weren't much help as one was of the door and the other mainly a window and a bit of a bed though it that's what the beds are, they look more like sofas.

ReputationRep:
    Managed to find these on Facebook. I assume the door to the left of the bathroom is going to be a wardrobe or something? Looks pretty tiny >_<

ReputationRep:
    How tiny is that bed?! The room seems ok, it's just the bed is the problem.

ReputationRep:
    desk is small dnt think ill be able to fit everything on there lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InfernoUk)
    desk is small dnt think ill be able to fit everything on there lol
    Im thinking the exact same thing

looks absolutely tiny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisNameNowTaken)
    Im thinking the exact same thing

looks absolutely tiny
    i got a desktop pc monitor and tv and a load of other stuff to fit on there : / might be able to do it could just be a bad picture

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InfernoUk)
    i got a desktop pc monitor and tv and a load of other stuff to fit on there : / might be able to do it could just be a bad picture
    I'm aiming to fit 2 TFT's and the desktop tower on there. I think it might be ok =\

Maybe you should leave the TV at home and buy a TV card for the PC or something if you're really worried it will be a ***** to get on there.

I'll be praying http://www.tvcatchup.com isn't blocked :yep:

I don't like the beds though, small and have the odd back to them + shower looks grimey

ReputationRep:
    I'm aiming to fit 2 TFT's and the desktop tower on there. I think it might be ok =\

Maybe you should leave the TV at home and buy a TV card for the PC or something if you're really worried it will be a ***** to get on there.

I'll be praying http://www.tvcatchup.com isn't blocked :yep:

I don't like the beds though, small and have the odd back to them + shower looks grimey
    tbh a guy lives in that room so he might just not clean the shower, mt tvs only 26" and monitos 24" they fit on ym current desk which might not be much bigger, ill be ok tower can go under desk just my speakers and games consoles might be difficult owell ill find a way

ReputationRep:
    Holy crap that room is tiny! I don't want to sound like a spoiled brat but my room is literally 3 times that size! The closet looks absolutely tiny toon. Now I'm really debating about all the stuff I'm bringing! Where the hell am I gunna put it all?! Ahhhhhh I guess I'll just have to wait and see really. It sucks that people get rooms even smaller than that as well. I'm definitely going to miss my double bed lol are we allowed to bring double sized duvets? Because I am XD

ReputationRep:
    Oh and another question, do we bring our own bins?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jvjenkins)
    Holy crap that room is tiny! I don't want to sound like a spoiled brat but my room is literally 3 times that size! The closet looks absolutely tiny toon. Now I'm really debating about all the stuff I'm bringing! Where the hell am I gunna put it all?! Ahhhhhh I guess I'll just have to wait and see really. It sucks that people get rooms even smaller than that as well. I'm definitely going to miss my double bed lol are we allowed to bring double sized duvets? Because I am XD
    I'm sure you can bring a double duvet if you want. Is your room and if you prefer that I can't see them telling you you can't.

No idea on the bin though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you can bring a double duvet if you want. Is your room and if you prefer that I can't see them telling you you can't.

No idea on the bin though.
    in the pics theres a bin under the desk but id rather have a metal one, there would be one in the kitchen. Im sure they wouldnt refused you a double duvet but you have to wash it lol.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.