Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh I love my duvet that does make me happy! It's just the small things, you know? Gotta make it feel even just a little bit normal and my duvet does that haha I'm getting a little bit excited now... Kinda. Is anyone else not really feeling that excited/anxious/nervous/anything about going? I don't think it's really hit me yet so I'm kinda just "meh" about it all.

ReputationRep:
    Am a little dissapointed about desk space, will have to see what happens though. Other than that I'm looking forward to it, should be fun getting to meet everyone and that. Anyone know how many rooms there are overall? Just wondering what the chances are of seeing people from this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by airmartini)
    Am a little dissapointed about desk space, will have to see what happens though. Other than that I'm looking forward to it, should be fun getting to meet everyone and that. Anyone know how many rooms there are overall? Just wondering what the chances are of seeing people from this thread.
    i think the building holds like 300 i could be wrong and thats divided into groups of between 5 and 7 so fairly slim chance i think

ReputationRep:
    Here's a few more pictures of cranbourne;

Now I have a few questions for somebody.

1. Is there parking next to the uni for people to unload cars?
    2. In the bathrooms are there 110/240 volt shaving plugs?
    3. Do the beds have built in storage underneath? (I presume they do, but just
    checking).
    4. Are there lockable cupboards in the bedrooms?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CypherX)
    Here's a few more pictures of cranbourne;

Now I have a few questions for somebody.

1. Is there parking next to the uni for people to unload cars?
    2. In the bathrooms are there 110/240 volt shaving plugs?
    3. Do the beds have built in storage underneath? (I presume they do, but just
    checking).
    4. Are there lockable cupboards in the bedrooms?
    Well theres parking aslong as you arrive in ure arrival slot you were designated, Id assume they have plugs but im not 100% as for the other two it looks like theres storage under bed in pics but the cupboards dont look lockable ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jvjenkins)
    Ahhh I love my duvet that does make me happy! It's just the small things, you know? Gotta make it feel even just a little bit normal and my duvet does that haha I'm getting a little bit excited now... Kinda. Is anyone else not really feeling that excited/anxious/nervous/anything about going? I don't think it's really hit me yet so I'm kinda just "meh" about it all.
    Im feeling EXACTLY the same...i dont think its kicked in yet

I havent even started packing or buying things lol...im leaving tomorrow...OOPS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisNameNowTaken)
    Im feeling EXACTLY the same...i dont think its kicked in yet

I havent even started packing or buying things lol...im leaving tomorrow...OOPS

Arghhh I have to unpack all of my stuff and repack so I'm pretty much in the same boat! I just had to say goodbye to my boyfriend so right now I'm really not looking forward to moving tomorrow I'm so terrified! Goodbyes suck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by airmartini)
    Anyone know how many rooms there are overall? Just wondering what the chances are of seeing people from this thread.
    There's 497 rooms in total

ReputationRep:
    We definitely need a TSR Cranbourne meetup in the first week lol

Everyone meet on the roof, we'll have a tea party

ReputationRep:
    I love tea so I'm in! It would be lovely to meet some of you, a lot of you have been really helpful with a lot of questions!

I have another question actually! Does anybody know how big the closets are? Because I'm brining SO many clothes that I for some reason just cannot leave behind, so I need a lot of space!

ReputationRep:
    Is this before or after the roof blows off again? :P

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm in, I'll bring the scones haha.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha I just fell down the stairs and bruised my lower half rather badly, so if you see a blondie limping around tomorrow, you'll know that's me! Can't wait to go now!

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha I just fell down the stairs and bruised my lower half rather badly, so if you see a blondie limping around tomorrow, you'll know that's me! Can't wait to go now!
    Awwh whoops. Will keep an eye out for you (especially on the staircases) :yep:

Out of interest. Has everyone packed yet? I've thrown half my clothes into a suitcase and will do the rest later. I've packed my printer and thats about it. The PC isn't going away until right before I leave, and wash stuff cant properly be away until I'm up tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm ready, the only things I have left to pack are things I'll be using between now and 9am tomorrow morning.

Remember you'll need a passport sized photo and ID for when you collect your keys.

ReputationRep:
    i picked up a black eye the other day so you know who i am lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CypherX)
    I think I'm ready, the only things I have left to pack are things I'll be using between now and 9am tomorrow morning.

Remember you'll need a passport sized photo and ID for when you collect your keys.
    We need to bring a seperate passport photo? :O Aaaaah, is that for the SmartBU card or w/e? i didnt think we needed that til like the freshers fair in a week

ReputationRep:
    I presume so, it's in the top paragraph here.
    http://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/accommo...rocedures.html

IF you haven't got one yet ( and won't get a chance tomorrow ), pop by Asda before you arrive as they have a photo machine in the foyer of the store.

ReputationRep:
    Guyssss it's all happening! I'm so nervous and am still really sore from falling down the stairs lol I hope I get to meet some of you, you all seem like very nice people so it would be a atmosphere to come to! I've got pretty much all my stuff packed but I have to buy a fair few things when I get there. I hope it all goes well for you!

ReputationRep:
    Finally packed everything and am off to bed in a few minutes. Can't believe Bournemouth time has finally come haha.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.