Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey im going to do media production at DMU aswell well i also have a conditional too but i will be in newarke point though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lydiacarney2)
    Hey im doing media production too! well hopefully , i got a conditional offer

Im staying in block b tho, do you have facebook??? xxxxx
    aww yayy i do indeed, it's
    http://www.facebook.com/cahaaa

i got conditional too, just gota revise loads now xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewis151)
    hey im going to do media production at DMU aswell well i also have a conditional too but i will be in newarke point though
    cool have you got Facebook? can't wait for Sept!
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cahaface)
    helloo i'm (hopefully) going to DMU to study Media Production, staying in Filbert Block A Flat 4 anyone else?
    Heeeya! i think im in block A flat 4 if i've worked out the code right.. FI-A-12-4.... would be nice to talk..im really scared lol!!

ReputationRep:
    Im doing Media Technology at DMU in september, and staying in block C of Filbert Village...

ReputationRep:
    im staying in block B FI-B-30-1
    iv got sooo many questions... i need to find some one who can answer me
    i basically want to know what is in the kitchen so i know what i need to bring really
    i cant wait to move in on the 27th of september

ReputationRep:
    Yay! I have finally found a group that could be of use to me! :P Anyone staying in or nearby FI-D-93-4? If anyone is yet to view their room, I would advise you to ring them and book a viewing. They won't show your actual room but they will show you a show room which should be identical to your actual room. I have already seen mine and it is massive! I actually thought the single was a deluxe room, LOL! Oh well, it weren't that much of a difference in price I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimes_14)
    Yay! I have finally found a group that could be of use to me! :P Anyone staying in or nearby FI-D-93-4? If anyone is yet to view their room, I would advise you to ring them and book a viewing. They won't show your actual room but they will show you a show room which should be identical to your actual room. I have already seen mine and it is massive! I actually thought the single was a deluxe room, LOL! Oh well, it weren't that much of a difference in price I guess
    hey I'm in FI-91-5.. kinda closee ish. I didn't know we're allowed to do that. I'm going to ring them first thing in the morning and book a viewing, I really wanna know what I'm working with before I get there. what did your room look like and what you studying?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, you alright?!

I'm going to study English Language and Education Studies Joint BA Honours. My room is deluxe so the room was a double. It had a desk on the side wall near the window. The bed was just in the middle of the room and then the en-suite. The lounge is quite big but I think the kitchen is quite small.

What type of room do you have? I know i'll be sharing my flat with 4 other girls, but I aint got a clue who! :s Whereabouts are you from then? I'm from Coventry.

Speak soon

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Hi, you alright?!

I'm going to study English Language and Education Studies Joint BA Honours. My room is deluxe so the room was a double. It had a desk on the side wall near the window. The bed was just in the middle of the room and then the en-suite. The lounge is quite big but I think the kitchen is quite small.

What type of room do you have? I know i'll be sharing my flat with 4 other girls, but I aint got a clue who! :s Whereabouts are you from then? I'm from Coventry.

Speak soon

xxx
    :yep: Yeah I'm fine thanks!! I'm going to be studying Accounting and Finance BA Honours. I booked deluxe ensuite aswell and booked my viewing for first week in august, I cant wait to see it!! I really hope it lives up to my expectations! When I phoned up I also asked the guy about keeping mini fridges and changing curtains and just lil stuff likle that, he told me you can do anything with your room as long as you dont damage anything, so thats a plus for me! :top:

yeah i heard all flats are single sex this year, so boys with boys and girls with girls.
    I'm from London and can't wait to move out. Whats it like in Coventry?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in FI-D-94-3. Starting de montfort in september to study arts and festivals management. On a gap year so already got an unconditional offer, just waiting to move in. Would love to get to know someone before i get there though xoxoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZeeZay)
    :yep: Yeah I'm fine thanks!! I'm going to be studying Accounting and Finance BA Honours. I booked deluxe ensuite aswell and booked my viewing for first week in august, I cant wait to see it!! I really hope it lives up to my expectations! When I phoned up I also asked the guy about keeping mini fridges and changing curtains and just lil stuff likle that, he told me you can do anything with your room as long as you dont damage anything, so thats a plus for me! :top:

yeah i heard all flats are single sex this year, so boys with boys and girls with girls.
    I'm from London and can't wait to move out. Whats it like in Coventry?
    Really? I had no idea we could change the curtains? I can't go sleep if the curtains are too thin, i'm a bit funny like that, LOL! Coventry's o.k. Its a lot smaller and quieter than Leicester though. I'm sure you'll like the flat and trust me you'll be amazed by how big it actually is! Whereabouts are you from in London?

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0oScreamo0)
    I'm in FI-D-94-3. Starting de montfort in september to study arts and festivals management. On a gap year so already got an unconditional offer, just waiting to move in. Would love to get to know someone before i get there though xoxoxo
    Hiya!

You alright? I nearly thought you were in the same flat as me then, LOL! But mines 93-4. I'm having a gap year as well. How are you spending your time? I'm going to be studying English Language and Education Studies. Whereabouts are you from? I'm from Coventry.

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Hiya!

You alright? I nearly thought you were in the same flat as me then, LOL! But mines 93-4. I'm having a gap year as well. How are you spending your time? I'm going to be studying English Language and Education Studies. Whereabouts are you from? I'm from Coventry.

xxx

Heya, I'm working at william hill atm. I hate it. I'm only taking a gap year cos I wasn't sure what I wanted to do at uni by the time I left college. Its not a fun gap year lol not even got any money saved up or anything. It sucks. Can't wait now though that everythings sorted. How are you spending yours??
    I'm from preston in lancashire. Can't wait to move somewhere new, desperate for independance!!

ReputationRep:
    With independance comes responsibilties, you're going to need every penny you can get, LOL! I work 39 hours a week and its so busy where I work! :-( I can't say where because I aint allowed to say who I work for because of my contract.

Anyways, TC!

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Hey. I've just booked my accommodation for Filbert, Block E. I'm going to De MontFort to study Animation Design

ReputationRep:
    hey i'm in block f too

(Original post by Helveticaaaa?)
    im moving into block F! :woo:

anyone know what it's like?

ReputationRep:
    Really? I had no idea we could change the curtains? I can't go sleep if the curtains are too thin, i'm a bit funny like that, LOL! Coventry's o.k. Its a lot smaller and quieter than Leicester though. I'm sure you'll like the flat and trust me you'll be amazed by how big it actually is! Whereabouts are you from in London?

xxx
    yeah same! so im definately going to be changing those. I saw the room last friday. It was alright, just a tad smaller than what I expected but probably because of the double bed and because you made me think I was going to see a really huge room. LOL. my imagination tends to run wild like that. The only thing that I didnt like was the side of the wardrobe. I cant get over the size of it. so tiny!!! but other that I love it.

Any way I'm from the West sides of london, very boring here cant wait to leave. I heard coventrys a really nice area my friends goin to the uni up there.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, just booked my accomodation at Filbert Village and have block E room 115 floor 6. I'm going to Leicester Uni, not DMU though . . . anyone else doing the same?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pas1376)
    Hey, just booked my accomodation at Filbert Village and have block E room 115 floor 6. I'm going to Leicester Uni, not DMU though . . . anyone else doing the same?
    oo0o0 isit? is there stil rooms available?
    The people at Filbert Village lied to me! the told me there will not be students from Leicester uni.
    I'll be happier if its mixed!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.