Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Where is the best uni to go for accounting. I recently just got these results at the end of s5.
    maths - A
    computing - A
    accounting - A
    business management - A
    english - B

any suggestions where would be best to go? I've currently chosen the following subjects for s6:
    adv. maths
    adv. computing
    higher mod studies
    higher physics

I don't know if i'm giving myself a tough year in s6 when i could have an easier one :P
    so any suggestions of where to go for accounts? and any experiences from current/past accounting students would help me alot.
    thanks.

ReputationRep:
    As far as I know, Strathclyde would be your optimum choice for Accounting. I got in there for accounting myself this year, but I decided I definitely wanted to do Law.
    And have you done SG in either Mod Studies or Physics? DO NOT CRASH PHYSICS! Everyone I know who did that failed :P:
    I don't know about MS tho, I gave it up after second year. Same with computing.
    If you love Maths, then definitely do the AH as it's much more enjoyable than the H course and it'll look good on your app if you're applying for Accounting.

I think you've given yourself a hard year but if you think you're going to enjoy it, then that's fine. I messed up in sixth year not because the subjects were too hard, but because I hated them and didn't want to work at them (with the exception of Maths, which I ended up adoring).

ReputationRep:
    If you're crashing moddies, you won't have any trouble - it's all common sense and general knowledge.

I go to Stirling for accounting (at the time I choose it, it was quite high up on the tables, though that's not the case anymore), and I hated first year because it was all things I had done in higher - but I think that's the case for everywhere you go.

ReputationRep:
    You'll get an unconditional at any uni in Scotland with those, I'd take it easier in 6th year maybe 2 adv higher 1 higher?

Strathclyde seems to have best rep for business so probably there.

ReputationRep:
    Strathclyde is the best for Business, with BA Accounting very well thought of.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.