Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Where is the best uni to go for accounting. I recently just got these results at the end of s5.
    maths - A
    computing - A
    accounting - A
    business management - A
    english - B

any suggestions where would be best to go? I've currently chosen the following subjects for s6:
    adv. maths
    adv. computing
    higher mod studies
    higher physics

I don't know if i'm giving myself a tough year in s6 when i could have an easier one :P
    so any suggestions of where to go for accounts? and any experiences from current/past accounting students would help me alot.
    thanks.

ReputationRep:
    As far as I know, Strathclyde would be your optimum choice for Accounting. I got in there for accounting myself this year, but I decided I definitely wanted to do Law.
    And have you done SG in either Mod Studies or Physics? DO NOT CRASH PHYSICS! Everyone I know who did that failed :P:
    I don't know about MS tho, I gave it up after second year. Same with computing.
    If you love Maths, then definitely do the AH as it's much more enjoyable than the H course and it'll look good on your app if you're applying for Accounting.

I think you've given yourself a hard year but if you think you're going to enjoy it, then that's fine. I messed up in sixth year not because the subjects were too hard, but because I hated them and didn't want to work at them (with the exception of Maths, which I ended up adoring).

ReputationRep:
    If you're crashing moddies, you won't have any trouble - it's all common sense and general knowledge.

I go to Stirling for accounting (at the time I choose it, it was quite high up on the tables, though that's not the case anymore), and I hated first year because it was all things I had done in higher - but I think that's the case for everywhere you go.

ReputationRep:
    You'll get an unconditional at any uni in Scotland with those, I'd take it easier in 6th year maybe 2 adv higher 1 higher?

Strathclyde seems to have best rep for business so probably there.

ReputationRep:
    Strathclyde is the best for Business, with BA Accounting very well thought of.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.