Turn on thread page Beta

How long did it take for you to pass your driving test watch

ReputationRep:
    Started learning in February 2008 and god knows how many lessons I had. Had my first test in April 2009 and finally passed third time in June.
    Thought I'd never pass!

ReputationRep:
    I passed in 3 months.
    I had 2 hours a week, although for the last few weeks I didn't have any lessons, as the car steering kept going wrong.. unfortuantly, it also went the day before my test, so I had 2 hours to learn in a completely new car on the day of my test, not fun!

ReputationRep:
    Took me 45 lessons in total, and passed first time with 3 minors.

Sometimes I took a 2hour lesson every day, then cut it down to 2 1 and half hour lessons a week. Started learning mid June, passed end of October

I'd recommend 2 x 1.5hour lessons a week because 2 hours is too long, 1 hour too short.

To pass your driving test quicker, I'd say do some research on the internet for tips on the 3 manouvers - like reversing around a corner, read them, and also buy a practical driving test simulator. Its really good you get to drive a car, as you would in real life- and even do a mock driving test- i got it for £10 from amazon, its produced by "Focus", think they sell it in Smiths too

ReputationRep:
    5 months. Failed my first after 2 months and had a test canceled and the DVLA were not at all good about it... passed second time. Reckon I could've done it after 3 months had I actually been able to get a test :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PiscesPrincess92)
    I did a crash/intensive course (2 hours, 5 days a week) and had my license about 3 1/2 weeks after my 17th birthday. I've found that these courses are better seen as my friends are doing 1 or 2 lessons a week and most of them still haven't passed and some have been doing this since Sept of last year. Also doing 1 or 2 lessons a week means your more likely to forget things you've learnt.

Good Luck with your driving
    how much did the intensive cost?

ReputationRep:
    been drving for a year, with instructor and my parents at home. and i've just failed my 3rd test

i advise you to just have 2 hours a week with an instructor only, and hopefully you will pass.

ReputationRep:
    40 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    I started having 1 lesson per week last september and still haven't even contemplated booking my test yet. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JmsG)
    How many hours did you do and how many did you do per week?

Got any tips for passing your driving test faster?
    60 hours and 2 hours a week

and i passed 9 months after i was 17 but 7 months driving (i started learning to drive when i was 17 for 2 months)

ReputationRep:
    it took me just under 2 months, 28 hours driving(I started from fresh with no experience).I booked my test on the 3rd lesson. Passed 1st time 4 minors. Had a good instructor though. Oh yh i i had 3 hours a week but 4 hours a week closer to my test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    how much did the intensive cost?
    £20 an hour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pumpkin7)
    40 minutes.
    LOL!:rofl:

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.