Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How long did it take for you to pass your driving test Watch

ReputationRep:
    Started learning in February 2008 and god knows how many lessons I had. Had my first test in April 2009 and finally passed third time in June.
    Thought I'd never pass!

ReputationRep:
    I passed in 3 months.
    I had 2 hours a week, although for the last few weeks I didn't have any lessons, as the car steering kept going wrong.. unfortuantly, it also went the day before my test, so I had 2 hours to learn in a completely new car on the day of my test, not fun!

ReputationRep:
    Took me 45 lessons in total, and passed first time with 3 minors.

Sometimes I took a 2hour lesson every day, then cut it down to 2 1 and half hour lessons a week. Started learning mid June, passed end of October

I'd recommend 2 x 1.5hour lessons a week because 2 hours is too long, 1 hour too short.

To pass your driving test quicker, I'd say do some research on the internet for tips on the 3 manouvers - like reversing around a corner, read them, and also buy a practical driving test simulator. Its really good you get to drive a car, as you would in real life- and even do a mock driving test- i got it for £10 from amazon, its produced by "Focus", think they sell it in Smiths too

ReputationRep:
    5 months. Failed my first after 2 months and had a test canceled and the DVLA were not at all good about it... passed second time. Reckon I could've done it after 3 months had I actually been able to get a test :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PiscesPrincess92)
    I did a crash/intensive course (2 hours, 5 days a week) and had my license about 3 1/2 weeks after my 17th birthday. I've found that these courses are better seen as my friends are doing 1 or 2 lessons a week and most of them still haven't passed and some have been doing this since Sept of last year. Also doing 1 or 2 lessons a week means your more likely to forget things you've learnt.

Good Luck with your driving
    how much did the intensive cost?

ReputationRep:
    been drving for a year, with instructor and my parents at home. and i've just failed my 3rd test

i advise you to just have 2 hours a week with an instructor only, and hopefully you will pass.

ReputationRep:
    40 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    I started having 1 lesson per week last september and still haven't even contemplated booking my test yet. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JmsG)
    How many hours did you do and how many did you do per week?

Got any tips for passing your driving test faster?
    60 hours and 2 hours a week

and i passed 9 months after i was 17 but 7 months driving (i started learning to drive when i was 17 for 2 months)

ReputationRep:
    it took me just under 2 months, 28 hours driving(I started from fresh with no experience).I booked my test on the 3rd lesson. Passed 1st time 4 minors. Had a good instructor though. Oh yh i i had 3 hours a week but 4 hours a week closer to my test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    how much did the intensive cost?
    £20 an hour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pumpkin7)
    40 minutes.
    LOL!:rofl:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.