Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Because I enjoy it, and at the end of it I will feel proud to have achieved it.

ReputationRep:
    Criminology becasue I want to study something fun, interesting and a subject that I will thoroughly enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    engineering, becuase i love what the course involves and the opportunities that are open with the degree after university

Politics - because I've had a passion on the subject and have loved watching the news since I was a kid.

ReputationRep:
    Journalism

Because ultimately, it's what i want to do with my life. particularly music journalism, 'cos I love music and it's a good reason to go to gigs and festivals!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kelser)
    Anthropology & Development

I've never found any subject that interests me as much as Anthropology, ever. I decided that this was what I primarily wanted to study, but I never wanted to do it as a single honours. I wanted to combine with something that would prove a bit more practical.
    Yeah I love Anthropology, but I opted for Archaeology because it's more hands on, and meticulous brushing and digging, analysing, documenting and travelling excites me so much it's almost sad :p:

I want to go into Forensic Archaeology/Anthropology after my degree, and hopefully work in crime scene investigation.

ReputationRep:
    Physics and Philosophy- Nuff said... :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouisianaPuuurchase)
    Yeah I love Anthropology, but I opted for Archaeology because it's more hands on, and meticulous brushing and digging, analysing, documenting and travelling excites me so much it's almost sad :p:
    I wanted to do Archaeology for years! Infact I still do. I've read a lot about it but I've never been on a dig I might see if someone will let me do a *beginners* one next summer, just for the fun of it. I would have loved to do anth and arch combined but I though development could prove more useful for me in the future.

ReputationRep:
    History and Literature.

Though I panicked last night that my decision might be wrong, I'm now confident that this degree (to which I never could have imagined any alternative*) will help me to get me into coaching, journalism or television.

*WTF what was that? I just don't know how to write this down correctly ô.o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kelser)
    I wanted to do Archaeology for years! Infact I still do. I've read a lot about it but I've never been on a dig I might see if someone will let me do a *beginners* one next summer, just for the fun of it. I would have loved to do anth and arch combined but I though development could prove more useful for me in the future.
    FYI: http://www.ilovethepast.com/digs

Good website were you can find local digs to volunteer in.

ReputationRep:
    Journalism, primarily because I have ( I think- tee hee) an aptitude for writing and am attracted to its practically.

ReputationRep:
    cos i knew i wasn't gonna get the grades to do the degree i really wanted so i settled for something that i MIGHT find interesting..!

ReputationRep:
    Graphic communication because its so broad and intresting and fun!

ReputationRep:
    It was the only subject I was any good at

ReputationRep:
    I chose Biology because i love the subject and find it so interesting and can't get enough of it.

I then want to do a PGCE and teacg it.

ReputationRep:
    Cool, a lot of people doing english here :P

ReputationRep:
    I chose geology with geophysics at first as I wanted to combine earth science and physics, my two favourite sciences, but having had more practical experience with earth science I was very put off.

Now I'm doing physics for both interest and as a stepping stone to many other things. My original plan is to get a meteorology masters and work as a forecaster(/weatherman :blush:) (or get a PhD, if I'm up for it)... but physics is broad, and I may find myself attracted to medical biophysics, nanotechnology, or a whole bunch of different things.

ReputationRep:
    Mine's pretty self explanatory

ReputationRep:
    History and Politics.

My end game is to be a novelist, and although you'd assume that I'd naturally go with creative writing I've ultimately always gotten more inspiration from studying history than anything else. I added on politics purely because I thought it'd be interesting and it augments the study of history. That and they're the only subjects I was ever interested enough in to read up on in my own time and not as a part of a school assignment.

Well that's more or less it :P

ReputationRep:
    Textiles & Surface Design - I've always had a major passion for Printed Textiles and am good at it. Hoping it will lead to either being a Print Designer freelance, or in an established Print company, but either way I love it!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.