Turn on thread page Beta

Re-applying for student loans after dropping out? watch

    • Thread Starter

    I dropped out of Uni halfway through my second year. Unhappy with the course and going through some personal problems (depression, death of my mother). Anyway, Im taking a year out/working and now thinking about applying for the course I really want to do (a foundation degree in Animal Welfare and Zoo Management at Chester Uni) but Im not sure about my funding options...

    Would I be eligible to apply for another student loan? A maintenance grant or anything else? I could live at home whilst studying so accommodation would not be a problem, Im just wondering if Im going to be totally on my own in paying tuition fees :eek:

    Given the circumstances that contributed to you dropping out, you should be ok to receive full support with your tuition fees for all years of the foundation degree.

    You would need to apply to Student Finance England, and submit evidence to confirm your claims. A letter from your GP about the depression would help, alongside possibly a copy of your mothers death certificate. You should then be granted an additional year of support for compelling personal reasons.
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.