The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I think the earlier you get your application in, the higher your likelihood of getting in because med schools only have a limited number of places. It may put you in a disadvantageous place in that respect, but if you are a solid candidate anyway, it should be okay.
Reply 2
Woody.
I think the earlier you get your application in, the higher your likelihood of getting in because med schools only have a limited number of places. It may put you in a disadvantageous place in that respect, but if you are a solid candidate anyway, it should be okay.

the deadline for the ucas application is the same for everyone. It doesnt matter when you sit the UKCAT as long as it is before then.
Reply 3
The deadline is something like the 15th of September isn't it? Check to make sure and do the UKCAT before then.
Reply 4
even that late isnt a problem, shabanana, as long as you tell your unis that you updated your date.
Reply 5
September 15 is really a deadline... for what? Is this true? And what do you mean about tell unis about change of date? Surely applying maybe around 20th Septmeber or something when deadline for UCAS applciations for Medicine is 15th October is fine???? That's early enough?
The deadline for the submission of your medicine application is 15th October.
Reply 7
Magician
the deadline for the ucas application is the same for everyone. It doesnt matter when you sit the UKCAT as long as it is before then.

No, the deadline is the 15th of October, not September. You can send off your UCAS on the first of September and therefore are far more likely to get into the first batch that the admissions tutors look at.
Reply 8
How about applying anytime in September is this OK? And perfectly OK to sit my UKCAT anytime in September before applying? I need to get my teachers to check my personal statement in September, stuff like that, so what do you think?
Reply 9
Woody.
No, the deadline is the 15th of October, not September. You can send off your UCAS on the first of September and therefore are far more likely to get into the first batch that the admissions tutors look at.

All applications are accepted equally as long as its before the deadline. It wont be to your advantage if you submit your application in July or on the 15th of october.
Reply 10
resortini
How about applying anytime in September is this OK? And perfectly OK to sit my UKCAT anytime in September before applying? I need to get my teachers to check my personal statement in September, stuff like that, so what do you think?

Yeah, anytime before the deadline is fine. You can get the PS helpers here to check it too :P.
Reply 11
Magician
All applications are accepted equally as long as its before the deadline. It wont be to your advantage if you submit your application in July or on the 15th of october.

Clearly there are conflicting principles. From what I've read and seen it is better to get your application in early but if that's not true, so much the better.
Reply 12
I sat mine pretty late, didn't cause me any disadvantage at all. It could, infact, be advantageous as you have more revision/practise time.
Reply 13
when did you sit yours Arda?
Reply 14
haha. my friend took hers 10th october. has a place at sgul.
i took mine 27th sept (somewhere thereabouts) ... ended up with 715 avg.
it's fine whenever you do it.
just book it before the UCAS booking deadline which is mid september.
resortini
Is there any sort of deadline or disadvantage to rescheduling my UKCAT to September, as I don't really have time to do it at the moment, and realize the price goes up to £75 from £60, but apart from that is there any other reason you would advise against it, or is it OK? Anyone else doing there's mid-September?

none whatsoever. i did mine as late as poss
Reply 16
I didn't do my UKCAT until the end of September. On one hand, you'll get more time to 'prepare' for it; but on the other hand, it'll be another load on your mind alongside sorting out your UCAS application...
Reply 17
resortini
when did you sit yours Arda?

I can't remember the exact date, but it was the last week before the deadline and I got 708 average. Do lots of practise and you'll be fine.

Latest

Trending

Trending