Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you know if you should ask him out or not? Watch

Hi everyone.

Am at uni and theres this guy off my course I really really like. I've never had a boyfriend before and so am rubbish and hopeless at these kinda things.

I liked him straight away, been facebooking him loads and and we've been for a drink etc. Planning a night out over the hols soon. We're not like close friends or anything though.

I can't tell if hes looking for a girlfriend or not. He has LOTS of female friends (which I have no problem with) but it makes it harder for me to see if he likes me or not. I know he likes me as in generally..but I really don't know. Hes shy as well.

Some of my friends say I should go for it as we're meeting up for night out over hols, others say to just be friends for a while first....but I really really like him I don't know what to do...

ReputationRep:
    I don't see the need to 'ask him out' at all. Just see how things go, who knows, maybe your night out will end in a kiss

Maybe you are overthinking it? Just let things happen. If the two of you are going out alone then I'm sure he has an idea that you like him :yep:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.