Turn on thread page Beta

Is it weird noticing and expecting spots on people? watch

I don't know if this is weird and its some obsession of mine or if most others are like this but its just so insignificant therefore unspoken. Basically you know those freckles and moles you get on the skin? Well say if someone reveals there arms by rolling there sleeves up or whatever sometimes I'l glance for a split second to see how many they have and what their arms look like, then I'l look away and think about something else.
    A girl asked me to put some germaline cream on her back once and as she pulled her t shirt up I sort of expected to see some brown spots and was curious how many she had. Its not like a fetish or anything its just something I expect to see and look out for on people. I guess some people notice others hair and clothes I am drawn to brown spots:confused:

Does everyone do this and Im just overthinking it or it it really odd?

Ive never even told anyone its just something Ive always automaticly done.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, no one can really tell what goes in inside someone elses mind so how can we answer that.

ReputationRep:
    That sounds a little strange...

(Original post by Lady_KaKa)
    That sounds a little strange...
    well Ive noticed lots of times people do it with me say if I change into shorts or something people who know me will glance at my legs then look at me and smile. Just wondering what makes them look what are they looking for. This is something I don't think people talk about

ReputationRep:
    Well, they're definitely not looking for brown spots. You're weird.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I don't think it's that abnormal. I tend to be just as observant about people's body hair, so I understand where you're coming from.

ReputationRep:
    do you have lots of the brown spots yourself?
    personally, if I'm insecure about something on myself I'll tend to look for it/notice it on other people as a kind of reassurance that it's normal

(Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    Well, they're definitely not looking for brown spots. You're weird.
    How do you know? Thats what Im asking why are they looking then?

(Original post by elucidation)
    personally, if I'm insecure about something on myself I'll tend to look for it/notice it on other people as a kind of reassurance that it's normal
    I used to be insecure about them and hide them a bit but they don't bother me now cause everyone has them lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I used to be insecure about them and hide them a bit but they don't bother me now cause everyone has them lol.
    maybe it's just become habit then
    I do it with stuff too, I don't think you're weird :p:

ReputationRep:
    Fetish if it turns you on...

Otherwise, it's weird but noticing it. A lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    That's why. It makes sense. Don't tell people you know though, lol, they'll think you're weird...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elucidation)
    This really. I check people out for the things I dislike about myself. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    not everyone does it so its a little strange. Is it an insecurity of yours?

ReputationRep:
    Odd.

ReputationRep:
    It's a little different but as others have said it's probably because you aware of your own brown spots so you notice them on others.

I have a strange thing about noses, since I really don't like mine. I always stare at other peoples noses and I'm always attracted to guys with nice noses. Lol I think that's weird personally.

So does everyone else not notice freckles etc on other?

ReputationRep:
    This exact thread topic was done a few months ago :eyebrow:.
    If it's bothering you, talk to someone about it. If it doesn't bother you, just keep it to yourself and don't point out other people's physical features that they may not want to discuss. I don't see what else there is to talk about tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Your over thinking it. Everyone has little things they notice about other people,usually like you say it's hair or clothes, i also find alot of people seem to check out other peoples shoes. Maybe it stems from an insecurity about your own freckles, people saying you have too much or something.

ReputationRep:
    Like Dijobla said, maybe it reflects your own insecurities about your skin? I don't look at any specific part of people but sometimes I notice the quality of people's skin cos all the glossy mags make me paranoid about my own skin as I've got natural redness and a prominent birthmark on my forehead.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.