Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are Royal Mail's Staff Strikes Justified watch

ReputationRep:
    its a ******* joke, these postal workers and train drivers are VASTLY overpaid as it is, any old idiot can do their jobs, yet their unions are still demanding more AND in a time of recession?!! what is so hard to understand about the fact that there is less demand for their services and so cuts need to be made, and they dont even need a pay rise as inflation is actually negative? i'd put up with a detriment in service for the few days (hours?) it would take to train some replacement chimps to do their jobs as well as them if it meant not having to put up with this **** again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatone)
    Has anyone else had a "sorry, we missed you" card when you've been in? They've done it twice now, not ringing the bell and just putting the card through.
    ALL THE TIME! I caught the ******* last time. I was important I got it so I kept glancing out of the window as it was RMSD by 1pm and it was like 12:40pm. So then I see him running down the street(his van like 8 houses up) WITHOUT A PARCEL and he slips the card into the letterbox of my porch. I ran down got my shoes on and chased him to the van.

He goes "oh sorry, well I did knock twice"

and I said "mate..I saw you from the upstairs window."

and he goes "....oh...well...I'm running kind of late..sorry." and he gets the parcel out of the van. There were like 10 others in there so it seems he was running late, although I assume he'd be covering our town so I doubt each one is that far away.

ReputationRep:
    It seems as if the workers are determined to put the last nail in the nationalised mail coffin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simplicity)
    Its funny that people want the Royal Mail strikers to be fired. To be honest either don't post letters or put up with people demanding better pay. In a sense this isn't communism its capitalism i.e. individual ambition serves the common good.

What we have at the moment is a state controlled monopoly on the mail service, which...funnily enough is the opposite of capitalism.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.