Turn on thread page Beta

EDIT - New picture...Females - which body do you prefer? This is a srs thread watch

ReputationRep:
    Omg. They're both hideous!
    Eughhh, I suppose number 2 so I can feed him, number one would probably pick up on all my fatty bits and make me exercise :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Now I know I would definitely pick number 2. Because they won't have the same personality. Number 1 will probably have the same attitude as the wannabe body builders that have already started posting on this thread and every other similar one in the past.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redefined)
    I wonder if the reason why nobody chose number one is because they feel intimidated by the body in a way which would make them feel inferior/insecure (body wise) so couldn't handle the guilt of not looking as good.
    Haha, oh please.

ReputationRep:
    I'd go for 2 for a relationship. I think it would be more fun to have a one night stand with 1 though

However, they are both not what I would consider attractive so they would only be chosen if I was desperate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AllAboutMe)
    I'd go for 2 for a relationship. I think it would be more fun to have a one night stand with 1 though

However, they are both not what I would consider attractive so they would only be chosen if I was desperate.
    This exactly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChopinNocturne)
    Number 2. I could look after him and feed him until he looked healthy and normal...but number 1 would scare me senseless!!
    Hes a bloke, not a pet!

But wow at some of the choices. I know guys with way too much muscles is revolting, but you'd rather take what looks to be a crack fiend over someone who looks after themselves?!

ReputationRep:
    is neither an option?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gone Revising)
    The sad fact is that thats because those are women who have had years of dispairing over their shrivelled/fat husband. These are girls who for some reason prefer their men whimpy.
    Not a fact at all, just an assumption - probably not even a true one.

I would take number one's body in a heartbeat. It may turn off some women, but I can pretty much guarantee that he could walk into a nightclub any day of the week and take home a really, really fit woman, without trying all that hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vander Beth)
    Now I know I would definitely pick number 2. Because they won't have the same personality. Number 1 will probably have the same attitude as the wannabe body builders that have already started posting on this thread and every other similar one in the past.
    Can;t you just answer tha question? Based on asthetics alone is what I said.

I think you probably prefer number 1 but just don't like admitting it because of how you think he is in real life...which may or may not be true, but that wasn't the question I asked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PygmyShrew)
    Na, it's just rank.
    Why? Why is somebody who looks malnourished a better looking person that one who has worked at improving himself?

Is it because women fear the dominant male and therefore see the weaker male as a person they can control and/or worry less about him sniffing around?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Local_United_Fan)
    Can;t you just answer tha question? Based on asthetics alone is what I said.

I think you probably prefer number 1 but just don't like admitting it because of how you think he is in real life...which may or may not be true, but that wasn't the question I asked.
    I did answer it twice, before and after the edit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hispanic-Impressions)
    Haha, oh please.
    Explain then.

ReputationRep:
    I did answer it twice, before and after the edit.
    O rly?

Apologies Ogdred.

ReputationRep:
    the same attitude as the wannabe body builders that have already started posting on this thread
    So if someone is belittling something that is in the direction of what we aspire to, we have an issue with our attitudes if we post to question motives. Yet, when Adonis posted a thread about how he believes women should be (which I dont agree with anyway), everyone is fine with jumping to defend "curvy" women.

ReputationRep:
    1 for a one night stand, 2 for a relationship, but ideally neither.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Local_United_Fan)
    I wonder that too. If you youtube Denis Sergovskiy there's tons of comments from women along the lines of, "most attractive man I've ever seen" and similar.
    I just did that, and it seems to be more gay men than women!

ReputationRep:
    1 reminds me of Rambo. On that basis alone, it has to be 2.

ReputationRep:
    Why? Why is somebody who looks malnourished a better looking person that one who has worked at improving himself?

Is it because women fear the dominant male and therefore see the weaker male as a person they can control and/or worry less about him sniffing around?
    Because it's not an improvement, it's just gross? To me he doesn't look like someone who looks after themselves at all, he looks like someone with a bit of an obsession with being unnaturally muscley. I don't fear the guy, purely on the basis of aesthetics number 2 is more attractive (although not very attractive in the photo). If anything, I would imagine number 1 to be the more insecure. It's a weaker male trait to be so worried about their appearance that they end up looking like that.

I have had big, muscley men wearing tight shirts (eugh!) hit on me in clubs and it really is a no go.

ReputationRep:
    Explain then.
    Well, you said most of us haven't chosen number 1 because we feel inferior/insecure because he is "good-looking" and because we're afraid of being with someone dominant or whatever.
    There is nothing to explain, apart from the fact I am not insecure and actually really like dominent men, I just find muscles like in 1 (old 1, new one isn't quite as bad) very unattractive. I don't know why that's so hard to believe.

ReputationRep:

I've always been curious as to why people start asking **** loads of questions when girls pick the skinny guy over member of the meathead brigade. Would it be safe to assume you are part of the fitness culture?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.