Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

EDIT - New picture...Females - which body do you prefer? This is a srs thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    Why are these threads ever relevant?
    Unless you're popeye deciding weather to have a tin of spinach before going out on the pull, its pointless.

ReputationRep:
    number 1 of course :/

I mean they're far too big but at least they don't look like they've just been dug out the ground.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irrelevance)
    I've always been curious as to why people start asking **** loads of questions when girls pick the skinny guy over member of the meathead brigade. Would it be safe to assume you are part of the fitness culture?
    As opposed to when people jump to defend "curvy" girls when someone (albeit Adonis ) states his preference in women.

ReputationRep:
    Stick a pair of skinny jeans on NUMBER 2 and we're all set!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gone Revising)
    As opposed to when people jump to defend "curvy" girls when someone (albeit Adonis ) states his preference in women.
    Men (or women) saying "I like this kind of figure" is fine, stating preference isn't a problem. Questioning and/or refuting somebody else's preference because you don't agree is a bit lame, to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redefined)
    Is it because women fear the dominant male and therefore see the weaker male as a person they can control and/or worry less about him sniffing around?
    No, it's because number 1 looks like a joke. He doesn't look real and bears little resemblance to an actual human being, and so it is no wonder that most people do not naturally find him attractive.

He is the product of an obsession, in the same way that number 2 (if it wasn't for a film) would probably be a product of an anorexic obsession - the anorexic, and all his anorexic friends, would see that body as a massive achievement, and something beautiful. But anyone who does not have that obsession clouding their eyes, perceives that body as unnatural and unhealthy, and so (probably because of evolution) they don't find it attractive. It is the same principal for number 1 - only people with the same unnatural obsession will see it as an achievement and as attractive.

ReputationRep:
    The OP said they can't change so skinny little sick man couldn't put on any weight.

I'd invest in a vibrator......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gone Revising)
    So if someone is belittling something that is in the direction of what we aspire to, we have an issue with our attitudes if we post to question motives. Yet, when Adonis posted a thread about how he believes women should be (which I dont agree with anyway), everyone is fine with jumping to defend "curvy" women.
    Why do you have to take everything so personally? If I find something unattractive, it's not belittling. Our motives aren't being questioned, we're being told it's our fault, not their's, for finding them unattractive. Either I think it's unattractive or there's something wrong with me.

Anyways, if you think something is wrong (the posters in Adonis thread), you think that justifies yourself doing it in this thread?

btw, Adonis threads are weird. He's like a character that I think is amusing. It's almost like reading a book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Floofy)
    Stick a pair of skinny jeans on NUMBER 2 and we're all set!
    You realise he's dangerously underweight, and probably lighter and weaker than yourself?

I don't see how you can genuinely find that a turn-on.

(Original post by Deanna19)
    The OP said they can't change so skinny little sick man couldn't put on any weight.

I'd invest in a vibrator......
    Nope, not an option - this is a non-vibrator parallel universe where all blokes look like either 1 or 2. And the fence you're sitting on is a non-vibrating fence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Local_United_Fan)
    You realise he's dangerously underweight, and probably lighter and weaker than yourself?

I don't see anyone drooling over no. 2 here, most people just think it's the lesser of two evils.

ReputationRep:
    number 2, number 1 is just :lolwut:

ReputationRep:

You took my post seriously. :eek:
    Wow, thanks! Anyways, it was a silly joke.

The way I see it, the meat heads are the way they are because they spend way too much time in the gyms. That in itself is a turn off.

Obvious Christian Bale in this movie was very underweight, but that was pretty much the characters body type - even though he knew he was vastly underweight. So I'd go for what comes naturally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hispanic-Impressions)
    I don't see anyone drooling over no. 2 here, most people just think it's the lesser of two evils.
    H.I would you like to lesser my two evils? PM me.

ReputationRep:
    No. 1 is just No!! So it would have to be No.2 ... just give him lots of chicken and some fat XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vander Beth)
    Why do you have to take everything so personally? If I find something unattractive, it's not belittling. Our motives aren't being questioned, we're being told it's our fault, not their's, for finding them unattractive. Either I think it's unattractive or there's something wrong with me.

Anyways, if you think something is wrong (the posters in Adonis thread), you think that justifies yourself doing it in this thread?

btw, Adonis threads are weird. He's like a character that I think is amusing. It's almost like reading a book.
    You misunderstand me, I find Adonis' manner of stating one body type to be superior as less than correct, it is the same issue that I have with this thread. All people who strive to be bigger are neither meatheads, nor insecure. (In the same way that all larger women are neither lazy nor gluttenous). I disagree purely with the stereotyping.

Edit, after reading what I wrote, I'm more inline with Irrelevances reply to me, its not the claiming one to be superior, although it is the implying the other to be flawed.

I remove myself from those questioning whether you have issues, I have not said that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Floofy)
    You took my post seriously. :eek:
    Wow, thanks! Anyways, it was a silly joke.

The way I see it, the meat heads are the way they are because they spend way too much time in the gyms. That in itself is a turn off.

Obvious Christian Bale in this movie was very underweight, but that was pretty much the characters body type - even though he knew he was vastly underweight. So I'd go for what comes naturally.
    Haha yes I did!! The medium of teh interwebz makes sarcasm hard to identify.

I just can't help thinking that if 'meathead' (denis Sarkovskiy) came up to you (not just you - all the girls here) in a club and was charming and witty and dominant, that you would be all over him. Maybe I'm deluded but thats what I'm thinking - perhaps if you saw these ppl in the flesh your minds would change.

ReputationRep:
    Haha yes I did!! The medium of teh interwebz makes sarcasm hard to identify.

I just can't help thinking that if 'meathead' (denis Sarkovskiy) came up to you (not just you - all the girls here) in a club and was charming and witty and dominant, that you would be all over him. Maybe I'm deluded but thats what I'm thinking - perhaps if you saw these ppl in the flesh your minds would change.
    actually

if they saw them in real life they would be even more repulsed.

girls [and most guys] can't visualise just how damn big they are [pro BB'ers that is]

ReputationRep:
    number 1 probably doesn't have a job.
    and a small penis

ReputationRep:
    H.I would you like to lesser my two evils? PM me.
    Think I'll pass bbz

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused now, is the OP a wannabe bodybuilder or is he just having a laugh?

Because number 1 is repulsive - just speaking purely on aesthetics, guys who look like that are a massive turn off. Number 2s far too skinny but I'd still choose him anyday, whether it was for a ONS/relationship or whatever.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.