Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

EDIT - New picture...Females - which body do you prefer? This is a srs thread watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gone Revising)
    You misunderstand me, I find Adonis' manner of stating one body type to be superior as less than correct, it is the same issue that I have with this thread. All people who strive to be bigger are neither meatheads, nor insecure. (In the same way that all larger women are neither lazy nor gluttenous). I disagree purely with the stereotyping.

I remove myself from those questioning whether you have issues, I have not said that.
    Oh, did you have an issue with me saying that No. 1 would have an attitude problem? I honestly don't think that. He looks nice enough. It wasn't meant to be taken literally, rather directed to the people in this thread who had opened their mouth.

I don't think there's anything wrong with these threads the surface- other than being annoying- a person curious about which one body people like more. I first answered plainly which body I found more aesthetically pleasing, and then I made a post about their attitudes- which I apologize if I come off as stereotyping body builders- and the OP told me to knock off because that isn't what the thread was about. It's the fact that these threads are usually used for a vehicle to start enforcing about those body stereotypes that is what is wrong with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hispanic-Impressions)
    Think I'll pass bbz
    bbz?
    BBZ?

That's a bigger turn-off than AIDZ

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually suprised about all the girl's preffering number 2, the guy in number 1 could like not go the gym no more or do any weights and he can let his body 'deflate'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x Kris x)
    I'm confused now, is the OP a wannabe bodybuilder or is he just having a laugh?

Because number 1 is repulsive - just speaking purely on aesthetics, guys who look like that are a massive turn off. Number 2s far too skinny but I'd still choose him anyday, whether it was for a ONS/relationship or whatever.
    I do lift weights and I do have a bodybuilder-esq shape body, obviously with less developed muscles. I wouldn't want to be as big as number one, but would certainly prefer it over number two.

My ideal size would be a little bit bigger than someone like Dwayne Chambers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x Kris x)
    I'm confused now, is the OP a wannabe bodybuilder or is he just having a laugh?

Because number 1 is repulsive - just speaking purely on aesthetics, guys who look like that are a massive turn off. Number 2s far too skinny but I'd still choose him anyday, whether it was for a ONS/relationship or whatever.
    This.

but seems deluded and very preachy.

I'm not dense enough to believe girls [in general] think overly muscley men are high on the agenda of wants

ReputationRep:
    number 2 is christian bale out of the machinist isn't it? i'd go for number 2 any ways I prefer quite skinny guys, that is too skinny but I prefer it over beefy

ReputationRep:
    Number 1 is foul, and Number 2 is Christian Bale so, Number 2.

ReputationRep:
    ok number two is VILE. i'd have to go with number one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Local_United_Fan)
    I just can't help thinking that if 'meathead' (denis Sarkovskiy) came up to you (not just you - all the girls here) in a club and was charming and witty and dominant, that you would be all over him. Maybe I'm deluded but thats what I'm thinking - perhaps if you saw these ppl in the flesh your minds would change.
    Mine wouldn't. Yes, personality is important, but if I find someone unattractive, in fact, not unattractive actually repulsive, then their charm makes no difference.

Anyway, aren't these guys supposed to be 'equal' apart from their bodies? So the horrendously skinny guy is also charming, witty and dominant?

ReputationRep:
    Number 2, then give him food

EDIT: Oh, if we can't change them, then number 1 I think. Number 2 is just so skinny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gibb~)
    I'm actually suprised about all the girl's preffering number 2, the guy in number 1 could like not go the gym no more or do any weights and he can let his body 'deflate'
    None of the guys are allowed to be changed according to the OP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elziebelzie)
    ok number two is VILE. i'd have to go with number one.
    but after a nice pan of scouse, number two looks like this

the thing about number one is, his figure is horrible, but you know he loves himself because of it and would never slim down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Local_United_Fan)
    Haha yes I did!! The medium of teh interwebz makes sarcasm hard to identify.

I just can't help thinking that if 'meathead' (denis Sarkovskiy) came up to you (not just you - all the girls here) in a club and was charming and witty and dominant, that you would be all over him. Maybe I'm deluded but thats what I'm thinking - perhaps if you saw these ppl in the flesh your minds would change.
    Yeah, I guess thats the general idea, and maybe alot of women turn to putty around big rippling muscles, but that just sets off alarm bells in my head. Those are the kind of cocky guys (imo) that rely on their bodies to 'attract' women. :Ahee:
    But yeah, put them in decent clothes and neither probably won't be as shocking. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vander Beth)
    Oh, did you have an issue with me saying that No. 1 would have an attitude problem? I honestly don't think that. He looks nice enough. It wasn't meant to be taken literally, rather directed to the people in this thread.
    Yes, no worries though, I just took it too literally.

Truce?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    Mine wouldn't. Yes, personality is important, but if I find someone unattractive, in fact, not unattractive actually repulsive, then their charm makes no difference.

Anyway, aren't these guys supposed to be 'equal' apart from their bodies? So the horrendously skinny guy is also charming, witty and dominant?
    Yea pretty much equal. I can see why you would be unattracted to both, but surely being "too masculine" body-wise is better than being "not masculine enough"...I mean number one could pick you up, move you around, pin you down with ease etc and you would be 100% powerless - which I know you ladies love. AND I'm sure would have better stamina and stronger thrusts haha that sounds gay, you know what I mean though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    but after a nice pan of scouse, number two looks like this

the thing about number one is, his figure is horrible, but you know he loves himself because of it and would never slim down.
    yes but they're not allowed to change...

ReputationRep:
    I find it absolutely crazy how people can prefer number 2. (I'm skinny)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gone Revising)
    Yes, no worries though, I just took it too literally.

Truce?

Of course, I do it all the time. :top2:

Ha, I made an edit to my post about what I think about these threads. Meh, whatever. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Tbf, the new number 1 is far, far better than the number 1 that was originally posted.

ReputationRep:
    100th reply

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.