EDIT - New picture...Females - which body do you prefer? This is a srs thread Watch

OhNO!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by cowsgoquack)
yes but they're not allowed to change...
but that's just a ridiculous situation. one of the reasons I would definitely pick number two over number one, is because number two is obviously much more likely to change. Number one has clearly aspired to that sort of figure, and that's one of the things I find most unattractive.

(Original post by Local_United_Fan)
I mean number one could pick you up, move you around, pin you down with ease etc and you would be 100% powerless - which I know you ladies love.
don't assume that you know what "ladies love". the idea of being completely powerless is not attractive to me at all.
Gone Revising
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by vander Beth)
It's the fact that these threads are usually used for a vehicle to start enforcing about those body stereotypes that is what is wrong with them.
Just read the edit, completely agree, particularly with the above. Also worth noting that the pictures are always extremes.
cowsgoquack
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by OhNO!)
but that's just a ridiculous situation. one of the reasons I would definitely pick number two over number one, is because number two is obviously much more likely to change. Number one has clearly aspired to that sort of figure, and that's one of the things I find most unattractive.
Yes but that's not the question is it... It was a hypothetical question which is rendered void if you just make up your own rules.
KayleeLand
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
EDIT: OK number 1 is a bit extreme, I have changed the numer one picture.

Assuming they both had an equally good personality, were equal status and fame wise, and similarly good-looking, i'e literally just from the feet to the neck - which would you go for, if you HAD to pick,and why. Just out of interest. AND they had no interest i changing - they were stuck with their bodies. And would it be a different choice between a 1 night stand and a relationship?
I don't like body builders at all and eventhough I think Christian Bale is seriously hot, I would have to go with number 1 this time.

He's tanned. I only do relationships.
Irrelevance
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by OhNO!)
don't assume that you know what "ladies love". the idea of being completely powerless is not attractive to me at all.
You can dominate me any day. :coma:
Local_United_Fan
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by OhNO!)

Oh shut up you old grinch....I've slept with enough girls to have a damn good idea, and the feeling of being 'taken' and having it 'just happen' and being pinned down and moved around at the man's will etc is a pretty much universal turn-on for all women.

Every woman I have asked has told me of their rape fantasy as well, which is taking it even further. I'd be willing to bet you've had this particular fantasy, but aren't willing to admit it.
Adonis
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=988461
OhNO!
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yes but that's not the question is it... It was a hypothetical question which is rendered void if you just make up your own rules.
It was a silly question which would be better answered if you didn't have that pointless rule about their figures not being able to change. I don't see what's so heinous about considering that idea, I think it makes it a more interesting question. Am I not allowed to go slightly off-topic?

Oh shut up you old grinch....I've slept with enough girls to have a damn good idea, and the feeling of being 'taken' and having it 'just happen' and being pinned down and moved around at the man's will etc is a pretty much universal turn-on for all women.

Every woman I have asked has told me of their rape fantasy as well, which is taking it even further. I'd be willing to bet you've had this particular fantasy, but aren't willing to admit it.
What a charmer
Chumbaniya
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ah, the choice between a huge bodybuilder and an emaciated man - it's a choice women face pretty much daily in their everyday lives. I don't envy them having to make such a tough decision.

Seriously, just get a decent body built for all-round sporting performance (which I just happen to have) and no ladies are going to complain.
Adonis
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Chumbaniya)
Ah, the choice between a huge bodybuilder and an emaciated man - it's a choice women face pretty much daily in their everyday lives. I don't envy them having to make such a tough decision.

Seriously, just get a decent body built for all-round sporting performance (which I just happen to have) and no ladies are going to complain.
lol, chumb

you make me smile =]
Hispanic-Impressions
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Chumbaniya)

Haha, indeed. Mmmmhmen. :coma:
Local_United_Fan
Rep:
?
(Original post by OhNO!)
It was a silly question which would be better answered if you didn't have that pointless rule about their figures not being able to change. I don't see what's so heinous about considering that idea, I think it makes it a more interesting question. Am I not allowed to go slightly off-topic?

What a charmer
If we met in real life, there's about a 20% chance I could have you in bed that same night, and about a 50% chance it would happen at some point - I am actually fantastic. Having said that, grinch-like attributes are a turn off.
halfoflessthan50p
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
EDIT: OK number 1 is a bit extreme, I have changed the numer one picture.

Assuming they both had an equally good personality, were equal status and fame wise, and similarly good-looking, i'e literally just from the feet to the neck - which would you go for, if you HAD to pick,and why. Just out of interest. AND they had no interest i changing - they were stuck with their bodies. And would it be a different choice between a 1 night stand and a relationship?

Spoiler:
Show

I think the problem with this is that all the guys are assuming that women can seperate pure physical attractiveness and other forms of attractiveness in the way that they can.

When a guy looks at photographs of two women he can say 'shes hottest because she has skinnier/bigger so-and-so ... etc'

When a woman does it shes going to automatically start questioning 'whos most assertive, social, honest, kind, creative, better at sex..? etc' and trying to find clues for those things in the way the guy looks.

Am i right?
cowsgoquack
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by OhNO!)
Yes it's a stupid question. You could have actually answered it and then gone on to add your thoughts though. Incidently what makes you think one would be more amenable to change than the other?
Redefined
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ok then, kinda unfair as one is Mr Bale. So how about Mr Pitt?

Ignore the blood and ciggy if you can lol

http://www.celluloiddreams.co.uk/images/fightclub2.jpg
Chumbaniya
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Adonis)
lol, chumb

you make me smile =]
I know it's a bit lulz, but to be honest it's true; because I'm a normal looking guy who's just put on a bit of muscle overall and kept a reasonably low body fat, I look decent enough to get attention with my top off and have other people realise that I'm an athletic guy but I'm not big enough to intimidate people. It's a case, as usual, of a sensible midpoint being what is attractive to the most people.
Local_United_Fan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Redefined)
Ok then, kinda unfair as one is Mr Bale. So how about Mr Pitt?

Ignore the blood and ciggy if you can lol

http://www.celluloiddreams.co.uk/images/fightclub2.jpg
No.

The point was to pick between 2 extremes. 100% of ppl here would pick Brad Pitt over the other two.

Ignore the quoted post.
OhNO!
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If we met in real life, there's about a 20% chance I could have you in bed that same night, and about a 50% chance it would happen at some point - I am actually fantastic. Having said that, grinch-like attributes are a turn off.
um. no. definitely definitely not. no no no.

Yes it's a stupid question. You could have actually answered it and then gone on to add your thoughts though. Incidently what makes you think one would be more amenable to change than the other?
that's exactly what I did though? I did make another post before you quoted me.

well, clearly number one's figure didn't happen by accident, no-one is naturally that muscular (I assume). He's clearly worked pretty hard to get such an extreme figure (and tan), and it is quite an extreme figure, so I imagine it takes a lot of commitment and energy. The fact that someone would put so much work into their figure, purely for aesthetic effect, is really off-putting to me to begin with, but it'd also suggest that it was something they probably valued, and wouldn't want to get rid of.

Unless number two had some sort of eating disorder, I can't imagine that's a figure that many men would strive to achieve or work on achieving. Being that emaciated must be awful for your health, too, so there's every incentive for that person to gain weight.
OhNO!
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by halfoflessthan50p)
I think the problem with this is that all the guys are assuming that women can seperate pure physical attractiveness and other forms of attractiveness in the way that they can.

When a guy looks at photographs of two women he can say 'shes hottest because she has skinnier/bigger so-and-so ... etc'

When a woman does it shes going to automatically start questioning 'whos most assertive, social, honest, kind, creative, better at sex..? etc' and trying to find clues for those things in the way the guy looks.

Am i right?
sorry to hog the thread but; yes, definitely, for me anyway.
cowsgoquack
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by OhNO!)
that's exactly what I did though? I did make another post before you quoted me.

well, clearly number one's figure didn't happen by accident, no-one is naturally that muscular (I assume). He's clearly worked pretty hard to get such an extreme figure (and tan), and it is quite an extreme figure, so I imagine it takes a lot of commitment and energy. The fact that someone would put so much work into their figure, purely for aesthetic effect, is really off-putting to me to begin with, but it'd also suggest that it was something they probably valued, and wouldn't want to get rid of.

Unless number two had some sort of eating disorder, I can't imagine that's a figure that many men would strive to achieve or work on achieving. Being that emaciated must be awful for your health, too, so there's every incentive for that person to gain weight.
K I didn't see that.:woo:
And I really don't get your logic, number two didn't happen by accident either, and it clearly is an eating disorder or some other mental illness. Or he has cancer. Its not that he's just a bit skinny and you could say oh it'd be nice if you put on a bit of weight. There is obviously something fundamnetally wrong, that would require action to have caused.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (497)
91.19%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (48)
8.81%

Watched Threads