Turn on thread page Beta

when do unis get our results?? SUNDAY 16th AUGUST watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meekle72)
    LOL i feel the exact same way. Now i've seen Leeds i don't want to be anywhere else! ^^

And you've picked a good accommodation. It's over subscribed, but i went looking at JBP on the viewing day and it's nice. Way out of my price range though, so Clarence fit the bill on the nice accommodation and the optimum price range
    Hehe I know. I haven't looked around the city much though! I just really want to know if I get in or not, it will be a bonus if I get JBP!

Ahh thats alright then! I think I've heard somewhere else it's oversubscribed, I just hope I get somewhere with car parking! Ahh yeah, I thought Clarence looked nice on the website, I'd have probably gone for it too if it was closer to Uni!

ReputationRep:
    If the status of your firm and your insurance still remain conditional and haven't changed to being rejected then you are not in clearing.

If it shows a clearing number then you are in clearing...if it doesn't then you are NOT in clearing

try to read things carefully when it comes to ucas.....it says 'IF you have added a choice' meaning it may be a general message and not applicable to yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaison2)
    hey when i look into track.. the first page which comesup shows... this.. does this mean i am in clearing?... has anyone else got this?
    "
    Information

Please note: if you have added a choice in Clearing, you will not be shown your Clearing Number"
    I have this too, hadn't really given it any thought, but now you've worried me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jason1990)
    If the status of your firm and your insurance still remain conditional and haven't changed to being rejected then you are not in clearing.

If it shows a clearing number then you are in clearing...if it doesn't then you are NOT in clearing

try to read things carefully when it comes to ucas.....it says 'IF you have added a choice' meaning it may be a general message and not applicable to yourself.
    And now you've put me at ease :yes: Thank you! This whole ucas thing is killing me!

Ruth xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaison2)
    hey when i look into track.. the first page which comesup shows... this.. does this mean i am in clearing?... has anyone else got this?
    "
    Information

Please note: if you have added a choice in Clearing, you will not be shown your Clearing Number"
    Everyone has that - or atleast I have that when I initially log in. It doesn't mean that you're in clearing. UCAS don't even have our results just yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    So would it be possible to call your universit under the guise of wondering if they'd be lenient with grades and then hoping to speak to someone who would slip-up and say you have nothing to worry about or is that just sad and desperate?

Why have I thought this through? :erm:
    lol! It's not sad and desperate at all and I'm sure your grades will be fab! It's really not worth phoning the Uni though as they will definitely not give you any information before the 20th I'm afraid.:no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    Some time next week apparently.
    That actually made me feel physically sick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holli2011)
    oh no i hope not! i had a letter from a university i applied to but declined saying that if i had to go into clearing theyd reconsider my application!!
    Sorry, this is off topic, but what did you think was the best part about Lancaster university?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oh_adele)
    Sorry, this is off topic, but what did you think was the best part about Lancaster university?
    errm the accommodation i suppose i dont know, i liked that it was a campus university, and i also thought the business school was really professional and that the staff were very helpful and interesting, PM me if you want more in depth details etc

ReputationRep:
    durham told us that they get our results on sunday 16th August when i was up for open day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatone)
    Does anyone else's track tell them that they're in clearing? It worries me.
    You know if your Track says something about "If you're in clearing...blah blah" it doesn't mean you're in one. Check to see the link at the top which says "Welcome Page", I did that and everything is back like it originally was.

ReputationRep:
    one word ppl..............chillax lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    Some time next week apparently.
    :mute:

ReputationRep:
    That late? I think they have already got the results BY NOW...

ReputationRep:
    Unis already have BTec grades and will receive UCAS grades next Sunday 16th to allow time to process offers.

ReputationRep:
    Clarence Dock it just looks so brilliant, the accommodation, the uni... Wow, im going to be crushed if i don't get in, which is what is making results day feel torturous.
    What accommodation have you applied for?
    hey there, was just reading this thread and i see youve applied for clarence dock, me too! i loved it when i looked around i reaaaaally hope i get it! well i hope i actually get into leeds first
    feeling confident?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ldmoore1)
    hey there, was just reading this thread and i see youve applied for clarence dock, me too! i loved it when i looked around i reaaaaally hope i get it! well i hope i actually get into leeds first
    feeling confident?
    Wooo Clarence Dock...

Will probably not be my home for September. Im really not confident about getting into Leeds >.< I think ill get BBB, that A will more than likely elude me, but im going to be on that page on the Leeds website that tells you if you're in as soon as midnight hits on results day! :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    I read somewhere (and not on here, either the Times website or UCAS info) that the universities are sent our results on Saturday morning so that they have ample time to make decisions on 'maybe' people...

It also says that track updates around mid-morning but looking at the activity on here last year and talking to people, it seems to be from about 6am onwards, but could be as late as 12 or even 1pm.

About the clearing on track thing - somebody has already put a thread out there on this, it's a mistake by the UCAS website and is being recitifed if it hasn't already been.

ReputationRep:
    well my cousin told me he got his UCAS updated BEFORE results day. but that was 2 years ago. anyway just assume you'll get them by thursday.

ReputationRep:
    Wooo Clarence Dock...

Will probably not be my home for September. Im really not confident about getting into Leeds >.< I think ill get BBB, that A will more than likely elude me, but im going to be on that page on the Leeds website that tells you if you're in as soon as midnight hits on results day! :eek3:
    what?! does the leeds webpage tell you at midnight?! if it does im deffinately checking!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 18, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.