Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I am due to go away to israel to study very soon. the medical insurance i am provided with is very basic, so i want to get my own travel insurance, which will cover medical as well, as most policies do.

    I am leaving on the 11th august 2009, returning 14 july 2010. the insurance must allow me to return home in the middle for a minimum amount of 14 days at a time(many companies can do this). I believe this is known as backpacker or gap year insurance.

    I am currently 17, will be 18 this november, which rules out other companies that say i must be 18 to take out a policy by myself.
    The quotes i am receiving from a whole host of companies are in the range of £150-250, which is way above what i can afford.

    It must provide baggage insurance, theft or loss of cash and passport, and medical insurance (minimum £1million).

    Can anyone either suggest a company they have used which worked very well for them, or, try and find a cheaper quote for me, or a company that will find a cheaper quote for me?

    I have tried many, so please ensure before rerplying that they will do backpackers/gap year insurance, and that it is ok that i am under 18 at the start of the policy.

    Thank you sooo much.

    Seriously, do you want us to do everything for you. Search around for your own best deal. Go to a comparison website and see what the best deals on there. I personally reccomend Insure and Go.


students online now


Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.