Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Thoughts & Opinions of Greenforce and Gapforce in General Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Until about a month ago I was pretty set with what I was planning with my gap year, but since I found a link to a charity/company called Gapforce, those plans have become even better!

Having had a look at all the sister websites, I'm loving the idea of doing so many of the trips they have which to me seem incredibly worth the cost even though they don't include flights.

I was planning on working in Oz at first and then as and when I can afford it I was planning on going on some of the expeditions they offer as part of Greenforce and Trekforce. In particular, Marine Conservation in Fiji is a definite among other ones I'd love to do such as the trek to the Everest Base Camp, staying with the Massai and Great White Conservation.

Which ever trips I decide to go for, I wanted to hear the opinions of others regarding Gapforce in general. Have you been involved with the company? Are you getting involved with this company? What do you think?

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    No one at all? =S

ReputationRep:
    Hi, sorry I've only just come across this, gapforce seems to be a lot more low key than I thought it was?! I'm going to Borneo for a month in July with gapforce/trekforce

ReputationRep:
    Haha I remember making this thread sooo long ago :P So is this your first trip with Gapforce? What're you going to be doing in Borneo?

I've since found loads of other companies/organiations and such, but I've decided to go for a Divemaster Internship in Thailand next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nemezys)
    Haha I remember making this thread sooo long ago :P So is this your first trip with Gapforce? What're you going to be doing in Borneo?

I've since found loads of other companies/organiations and such, but I've decided to go for a Divemaster Internship in Thailand next year
    i realise this is quite an old thread but i was looking for people who might be diving on their gap year as ive decided to take a dive internship in thailand next year.

you going Koh tao?
    what company are you going/thinking of going with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessica14)
    i realise this is quite an old thread but i was looking for people who might be diving on their gap year as ive decided to take a dive internship in thailand next year.

you going Koh tao?
    what company are you going/thinking of going with?

Hey Jess

Another diver, woot! Yeah it's not definite yet, as I might be going to Mozambique to do my divemaster and also fit in some whale shark diving which i'd love to do. If that's too expensive, then I'll definitely be going to Koh Tao to do my internship with Davy Jones Locker. I've done my research, and they're by far the best priced, most experienced and overall best option for a divemaster internship on Koh Tao. I've been speaking to Phil, the course director and he's incredibly helpful, honest and just dam right awesome!

Depending on funds, I plan to go at the beginning of March 2011, or at the latest the first week of April 2011. When were you planning on going? Would be nice to get to know someone who might be going at the same time as me

ReputationRep:
    I was planning on going with a company called simplelife divers. around beginning of may, maybe slightly earlier if i can get the money together quicker. For the divemaster internship too.

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Im considering going to india with greenforce. So who s had experience with the program ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nonolapuce)
    Hi
    Im considering going to india with greenforce. So who s had experience with the program ?
    heeey me tooooo

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.