Turn on thread page Beta

Hey all lovely people in TSR,

Anyway to cut a long story short, i parked on a street outside my ex- gf's house last night using her house address for temporary parking vouchers which i clearly displayed in my windscreen on my dashboard! Unfourtenately this morning i discovered a penalty notice attatched to my windscreen!! WTF!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: What shall i do?? Shall i write to the council? and what to i say to try and persuade them to not fine me?

Thanks alot, i will pos rep as much as i can for any helpful suggestions

ReputationRep:
    get in touch with the council and explain your situaion, maybe the person who fined you is used to all the cars in the street an yours isn't regular so he assumed you shouldn't be there without looking at your dash properly

not sure of the circumstances of where u parked though..?

ReputationRep:
    Phone the council immediately. They have to give you a reason for the fine, e.g. if you were parked over two spaces, if your vouchers had expired (dunno if they do), if the warden can't see the ticket. You can appeal fines pretty easily.

This guide gives you loads of information about parking fines and appealing them:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/rec...ticket-appeals

ReputationRep:
    I remember, i think 2 or 3 years ago. We were in i think East London - (Somewhere near West Ham ground) and I'm guessing we were parked in a place we weren't suppose to be in. But the thing is we were in the car. Without any warning - BAM! the guy puts a parking sticker on - was it even possible for him to do that

ReputationRep:
    Yes contact the council.

My mum's a nurse and runs a chemo therapy ward. She got to work and found there was no where to park so she put a note in her windscreen saying that she was a nurse and was urgently needed inside as she had patients waiting (the truth). However, she was still given a fine.

She wrote to the council and managed to get them to withdraw the fine.

In your case, you had even displayed the vouchers so go for it.

P.S. And some people wonder why we hate traffic wardens...

ReputationRep:
    Appeal.

thanks for the replies guys, i just phoned the council and i was told that where i parked was for only full permit holders only seeing as i was only a temporary permit holder i was only allowed to stay there for a maxium of 5 hours!! IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GUTTTTTED!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rich_183)
    thanks for the replies guys, i just phoned the council and i was told that where i parked was for only full permit holders only seeing as i was only a temporary permit holder i was only allowed to stay there for a maxium of 5 hours!! IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GUTTTTTED!!
    Was that information actually displayed to you at the time though?

(Original post by Venom123)
    I remember, i think 2 or 3 years ago. We were in i think East London - (Somewhere near West Ham ground) and I'm guessing we were parked in a place we weren't suppose to be in. But the thing is we were in the car. Without any warning - BAM! the guy puts a parking sticker on - was it even possible for him to do that
    man, i feel well sorry for you! even though im feeling so cheesed off atm with my situation, its nothing compared to yours!

ReputationRep:
    Seen that Happen in Bury a few weeks ago, lol a car full of people picking someone up stopped in a loading bay for 0.5seconds and the photos are taken, and the ticket issued! Ridicilous- was funny to watch though

(Original post by Samalama)
    Was that information actually displayed to you at the time though?
    apparently it was on a signpost about 100 m from where i was parked :mad: so yeah my fault for being sooo stupid!!!

(Original post by Absurd)
    Appeal.
    Well from my situation now its changed but im gona still put my appeal letter with my cheque when i send it to the council though....hopefully they may feel sorry for me :o:

You lot deserve my pos rep....i'll send it to you within the next few days as mine has run out now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anandv05)
    Seen that Happen in Bury a few weeks ago, lol a car full of people picking someone up stopped in a loading bay for 0.5seconds and the photos are taken, and the ticket issued! Ridicilous- was funny to watch though
    (Original post by Rich_183)
    man, i feel well sorry for you! even though im feeling so cheesed off atm with my situation, its nothing compared to yours!
    The thing is - the guy talked to us before... lol, we couldn't be botherd to fight the system else we'd be paying £100 instead of the £50

ReputationRep:
    cant you officially appeal before you pay up...once they get your cash they wont care about u...

(Original post by lee_91)
    cant you officially appeal before you pay up...once they get your cash they wont care about u...
    i know where your coming from, thing is mate, i jus phoned them up and apperently on my temporary permit i wasnt allowed to stay for more than 5 hours so my appeal letter probs wont be approved :mad: anyway if i pay it off in the first 14 days the fine is reduced by 50%

The thing is - the guy talked to us before... lol, we couldn't be botherd to fight the system else we'd be paying £100 instead of the £50
    crazy!, i fcking hate all parking wardens!!!

haha i found it online, my poor little yaris

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.