Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I feel like stabbing myself in my head or punching or slapping myself, especially near my temples and just above and want to put loads of pressure around my head like someone pushing me.

ReputationRep:
    i don't know, perhaps you want to get rid of the negative thoughts? I know how it can feel sometimes when all you want to do is to stop thinking sometimes, mine however i get the urge to slit my wrists, even though i have no wish to and wouldn't like the pain or scarring. it's a strange thing depression.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I feel like stabbing myself in my head or punching or slapping myself, especially near my temples and just above and want to put loads of pressure around my head like someone pushing me.
    You need to see a doctor. Before you actually harm yourself.

(Original post by emmie19)

Have been various times over the last few years since I first got stressed and even though I have a family history of depression and I got tablets at 18 they just say you need councilling first and have a waiting list up to a year and wont prescribe you anything till you are seen.

ReputationRep:
    Have been various times over the last few years since I first got stressed and even though I have a family history of depression and I got tablets at 18 they just say you need councilling first and have a waiting list up to a year and wont prescribe you anything till you are seen.
    If it gets bad, tell your mum and dad. You can go counselling at school and college and uni too. If you think you'll seriously damage yourself, you might need to go to a mental health hospital for a while...

(Original post by emmie19)
    I've told doctors and therapists that I hit myself in the head repeatedly when I'm angry. They just sat there, looking bored.

ReputationRep:
    I've told doctors and therapists that I hit myself in the head repeatedly when I'm angry. They just sat there, looking bored.
    You need someone new. And stop doing it, it's not good for you.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.