Turn on thread page Beta

KPMG Assessment Centre Question watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Although bear in mind that the Partner / Director interviewing you may well have read your notes from your first interview and know all that you talked about.

I guess instead of looking at facts and figures, try and really understand and know a business. Just looking at numbers all day isn't going to suggest many things to you, and it's a chance to show creative thinking and insight so go with it. And for goodness sake choose a company you can understand that's not overdone. (The overdone includes Google, Tesco, Microsoft etc.), ones that are ridiculously complex to choose would be something like General Electric etc.

Like if you were into motorbikes you could look at Vespa or Harley Davidson which would mean you have a natural understanding of the market and what these firms could do differently and better. And it would be different. So have a think about what company actually interests you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nick777)
    I have a question for you guys/girls. I had my AC on Tuesday, and they said they will inform us by email within 3 working days. However on the forums, everyone says a partner calls you within 1-3 days. What should I expect?

As expected, I am starting to assume the worst, as 24hrs has passed an I've heard nothing (human instinct lol)

For those who have been through the process, when did you hear and how (phone call/email/both)?

Thanks
    I just realised you've already had it after my super helpful reply, but I guess I'll leave it there for another person to find useful!

It varies for everyone. but also remember that there's a huge amount of info that is being collected, so just try not to worry (I know this is hard) until you find out.

With regards to the group exercise, I know very personally an individual who had an argument with another team member during the exercise and got in .

ReputationRep:
    Thanks love2learn.

I just received an email saying they need a few more days to review my application. Trying to stay positive, but I'm guessing that's not particularly good news.

Anyone else had this experience and actually got through?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    If they weren't interested they would have probably said no so don't be too worried

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.