The Student Room Group
Reply 1
It depends entirely on the university where you took it. A lot of places will allow you to convert to the degree course and do some extra work to get a full degree, but not everywhere. Ask the institution.
Reply 2
would it be possible to do it in 1 year?
Reply 3
Filaro
hi

the title says it all really, i have a diploma of higher education earned by finishing 2 years of a degree, is it possible to use this to get a full degree?

thanks in advance for any help

Of course. Try a top-up course. Bournemouth does a lot of those for example. Look up the unis you're interested in :smile:
Reply 4
Filaro
would it be possible to do it in 1 year?

Top up courses last a year.
Reply 5
thank you:smile:
Reply 6
emmie19
Of course. Try a top-up course. Bournemouth does a lot of those for example. Look up the unis you're interested in :smile:

Some universities offer a top-up program which only runs for a year. The top-up program will technically convert your certificate->diploma->higher diploma (which is 2 years) to a BSc (which gives you 3 yrs total college education.) The problem though is that, most of these universities that offer top-up aren't the best ones around.
Reply 7
ILIGAN
Some universities offer a top-up program which only runs for a year. The top-up program will technically convert your certificate->diploma->higher diploma (which is 2 years) to a BSc (which gives you 3 yrs total college education.) The problem though is that, most of these universities that offer top-up aren't the best ones around.

That is true. But if you did a foundation course I don't think you'll mind about going to a lower uni. Bournemouth is top in the country for travel and tourism though, so not always the case (my mate is going there :woo: )
Reply 8
To add to what other people have already mentioned then you may be able to transfer these credits to the Open Uni and therefore "top it up" to a degree (honours or non-honours depending on how many leve 3 credits you have). It may be possible to do it in one year but this will depend on your module choices and whether you go full time or not.

Latest