Turn on thread page Beta

can i turn my diploma of higher education into a full degree? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hi

the title says it all really, i have a diploma of higher education earned by finishing 2 years of a degree, is it possible to use this to get a full degree?

thanks in advance for any help

ReputationRep:
    It depends entirely on the university where you took it. A lot of places will allow you to convert to the degree course and do some extra work to get a full degree, but not everywhere. Ask the institution.

ReputationRep:
    would it be possible to do it in 1 year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Filaro)
    hi

the title says it all really, i have a diploma of higher education earned by finishing 2 years of a degree, is it possible to use this to get a full degree?

thanks in advance for any help
    Of course. Try a top-up course. Bournemouth does a lot of those for example. Look up the unis you're interested in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Filaro)
    would it be possible to do it in 1 year?
    Top up courses last a year.

ReputationRep:
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmie19)
    Of course. Try a top-up course. Bournemouth does a lot of those for example. Look up the unis you're interested in
    Some universities offer a top-up program which only runs for a year. The top-up program will technically convert your certificate->diploma->higher diploma (which is 2 years) to a BSc (which gives you 3 yrs total college education.) The problem though is that, most of these universities that offer top-up aren't the best ones around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILIGAN)
    Some universities offer a top-up program which only runs for a year. The top-up program will technically convert your certificate->diploma->higher diploma (which is 2 years) to a BSc (which gives you 3 yrs total college education.) The problem though is that, most of these universities that offer top-up aren't the best ones around.
    That is true. But if you did a foundation course I don't think you'll mind about going to a lower uni. Bournemouth is top in the country for travel and tourism though, so not always the case (my mate is going there :woo: )

ReputationRep:
    To add to what other people have already mentioned then you may be able to transfer these credits to the Open Uni and therefore "top it up" to a degree (honours or non-honours depending on how many leve 3 credits you have). It may be possible to do it in one year but this will depend on your module choices and whether you go full time or not.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.