Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by ourlastmemory)
    Hmm yes, perhaps there is some reason for their madness. I've been lucky enough to avoid most major maladies though so all is well...so far

Haha skiving from home is next to impossible for me too - we have some kind of fever/vomit criteria, although if I'm feeling pathetic enough I can usually go and put a good show on to the school nurse which gets me an afternoon off at least :woo:
    Lol, i haven't been so lucky I had a pretty bad case of bronchitis + a fairly deadly tropical disease :sadnod:

Aww :console: I go to a grammar school with nazi teachers (with the school nurse being an ex rugby playing PE teacher :dry:), so even that's impossible :sadnod: And the fact that for me to go home one of my parents would have to pick me up (apparently ), and they're out working anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    Lol, i haven't been so lucky I had a pretty bad case of bronchitis + a fairly deadly tropical disease :sadnod:

Aww :console: I go to a grammar school with nazi teachers (with the school nurse being an ex rugby playing PE teacher :dry:), so even that's impossible :sadnod: And the fact that for me to go home one of my parents would have to pick me up (apparently ), and they're out working anyway
    Hahaha oh noes! :console: our school nurse is having an affair with the head of CCF, or at least that's the word on the street, so she's always in a jolly mood :yes: I hate having to stick it out, but hey, perhaps we'll come out as better people for it ay? :p:

Oh lord, at least you came out of that one alive! I'm just waiting around to contract some flu of the swine, that should be fun.. :eek2:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

Ha ha. This made me laugh. My mum is a practice nurse and is like o you don't need the doctor. Its only after weeks of feeling crap or something that she lets me. and my GP is the doctor at the surgery were she works and i never get an appointment. Mum just brings me into work with her and lets the doctor see me if shes free. and the doctor is usually unsympathetic about it also. because my mum tells her what her opinion is.
    and as for school, my parents are always working and have to pick me up.
    Its a hard life as the children of medical people.

(Original post by ourlastmemory)
    Hahaha oh noes! :console: our school nurse is having an affair with the head of CCF, or at least that's the word on the street, so she's always in a jolly mood :yes: I hate having to stick it out, but hey, perhaps we'll come out as better people for it ay? :p:

Oh lord, at least you came out of that one alive! I'm just waiting around to contract some flu of the swine, that should be fun.. :eek2:
    :rofl: I can imagine the scenario "nurse, could you come down to deal with a small wound i have?" "yes absolutely squadron leader" :hubba:

Mmm, probably. Employers don't really like skivers i've heard :unsure: Then again, that was my head of sixth form telling me after i'd had 60 lates in the year.

Oh well, when you live in India for 10 years it's inevitable :rolleyes: Flu of the swine :rofl: Well, it's like normal flu ... but called swine flu :p:

Anyway, we should stop spamming up your topic. PM if you want to chat :eviltongue:

(Original post by Oh-WOW)
    Ha ha. This made me laugh. My mum is a practice nurse and is like o you don't need the doctor. Its only after weeks of feeling crap or something that she lets me. and my GP is the doctor at the surgery were she works and i never get an appointment. Mum just brings me into work with her and lets the doctor see me if shes free. and the doctor is usually unsympathetic about it also. because my mum tells her what her opinion is.
    and as for school, my parents are always working and have to pick me up.
    Its a hard life as the children of medical people.
    Exactly! :sadnod:

Oh well, atleast they get paid well .. sort of :unsure:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Exactly! :sadnod:

Oh well, atleast they get paid well .. sort of :unsure:
    Mum is a nurse not a doctor. so she doesn't even get the pay.
    Sad times. Its good to know other people understand this pain. Lol

(Original post by Oh-WOW)
    Mum is a nurse not a doctor. so she doesn't even get the pay.
    Sad times. Its good to know other people understand this pain. Lol
    Well, i guess she comes into contact with people more than doctors, so atleast she has more funny stories to hand around :p:

And yep :cute:

ReputationRep:
    You need to see your GP. In the meantime I'd say:

Are you on the pill? Some people get tiredness and nausea as a side effect.
    You could be anaemic (it means you don't have enough iron in your blood and makes you very tired).
    You might be intolerant to dairy or something like that.

You need to eat properly, sleep properly and take some vitamin supplements or something like that.

But none of those things can be confirmed/changed unless you see your GP!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.